What's new

Pakistan Navy P-3C Orion Thread

I don't know too much about this plan but is this any good to Pakistan?

Hi,

It will be a tremendous force multiplier for the pak navy---P3C has a proven track record and has served the u s navy for many a years as it will serve pak navy.

Good news...They are useful addition and capable to cater Pakistan's needs

Pakistan navy recive two pc 3 orion aircraft today i just heard on express news MUBARAK to ALLL PAKISTANI BRO AND SIS :))))))))))))))))))

While the P-3 Orion and Harpoon missile orders are separate deals, the Harpoon is the Orion’s critical surface warfare capability. A P-3 without Harpoon missiles is a patrol aircraft and a threat to submarines. One with Harpoon missiles can become a threat to any surface ship within the wide arc of its range – which in Pakistan’s case extends to the Strait of Hormuz, and across a wide swathe of the Indian Ocean.

May 24/10: Small business qualifier American Valley Aviation, Inc. in Orange Park, FL receives a $5.5 million firm-fixed-price contract to refurbish wing and weapons bay pylons in support of the Pakistan Navy P-3 upgrade program, and includes the addition of digital stores management systems for Pakistan’s 7 P-3 aircraft.

Work will be performed in Orange Park, FL, and is expected to be complete in September 2011. This contract was not competitively procured, pursuant to FAR 6.302-4, by the US Naval Air Warfare Center Aircraft Division in Lakehurst, NJ (N68335-10-C-0244).

Pakistan’s P-3 Orion Maritime Aircraft - and their Harpoons

Does all the 10 P-3 are equipted with the ""Hawkeye 2000 AEW system""

OR only some?
can also any one give me the link of tat pak will get P3 with hawkeye 2000 AEW

thanx in advance

Does all the 10 P-3 are equipted with the ""Hawkeye 2000 AEW system""

OR only some?
can also any one give me the link of tat pak will get P3 with hawkeye 2000 AEW

thanx in advance

There won't be any Hawkeye 2000 AEW system on it.That was an option considered round about 2006.Now it's history.

And it's been already been discussed in this thread earlier.

Last edited:
There won't be any Hawkeye 2000 AEW system on it.That was an option considered round about 2006.Now it's history.

And it's already discussed in this thread earlier.

Long time back around 6 month i saw a link abou that pak to get E-2 with P3.

if its true then it is really a bad news

The induction of modified P3C Orion aircraft would greatly enhance the capability of Pakistan Navy. This was stated by the Chief of the Naval Staff, Admiral Noman Bashir.

He was talking to media after the induction ceremony of two modified P3C Orion aircraft acquired from the United States at the Pakistan Navy Base Mehran here on Tuesday.

US Brig. Gen. Mike Nagata of the Office of Defence Representative in Pakistan, and the Consul General of United States in Karachi Stephens G. Fakan also attended the ceremony.

The Naval Chief further stated that these aircraft would increase the capability of Pakistan Navy fleet to meet the challenges.

He pointed out that the P3 was a time-tested aircraft, which is still operational in the US Navy as well as navies in various countries in the world. Admiral Noman Bashir informed that in terms of capability the P3 is also described as 'flying destroyer'.

He stated that this aircraft has quite a lot of endurance and it can ably face the threats and challenges for a longer time in the area of its operation.

Admiral Noman remarked we already had P3 aircraft but the characteristics of the P3s inducted today have been modernized and refurbished and their operational capability has enhanced a lot. He said that as these aircraft have a lot of endurance so they can cover a wider area.

Induction of P3 to enhance Pak Navy''s capability: Naval Chief - GEO.tv

Over the past decade there has been an awakening across government and industry of the vulnerability of deployed maritime platforms, coastal military installations and critical civil/commercial infrastructures to asymmetric attack from terror groups and irregular combatants.

This has generated a flurry of activity among front-line operators, defence research laboratories and industry to devise ways and means to better protect the 'maritime flank'.

In the above-water domain, greater cognisance of threats such as suicide craft and infiltration teams has seen the introduction of layered anti-terror/force-protection (AT/FP) measures designed to detect, classify, identify, and, if necessary, neutralise hostile elements before they can reach their intended targets. These constructs typically combine networked surveillance sensors (principally radar and electro-optical/infrared) with agile and responsive AT/FP platforms (typically patrol craft or unmanned surface vehicles) and improved ship defences.

The provision of subsea surveillance around deployed high-value assets and critical infrastructures is an altogether less mature area, but one that is receiving increased attention as the threat from swimmer delivery vehicles (SDVs) and divers has become better understood.

One industry insider said: "There are billions of dollars-worth of facilities and structures under or adjacent to the sea. Governments, and particularly the energy industry, are finally waking up to their vulnerability to attack."

He added: "Scuba training is relatively cheap and easily accessible. Even a single terrorist equipped with a limpet mine or IED [improvised explosive device] could wreak havoc, with huge financial, environmental and/or political consequences."

Active sonar – the transmission, reception and processing of pulses of acoustic energy – offers the only practical means of surveillance through the water column and the past five years have witnessed a significant increase in activity as a plethora of new sonar surveillance and alerting devices have been brought to market.

Two market niches have appeared: one for larger, multisensor diver-detection sonar (DDS) systems designed to watch over a relatively large area; and a second for more compact, lightweight and mobile devices better suited to confined areas or the protection of high-value vessels deployed into high-threat regions.

latest sonar system

thanx for video so do pakistan navy do ever get hawkeye system or not can anyone here seems like pakistan navy is sleeping they dont want anything even this upgrade i think govt ot defence ministry have got from USA as paf some how or other they buy something atleast every three months their is a news for paf as we last week heraed that they are buiying trainers jets from china but for navy i hardly heared anything since 2005 U 214 deal is already floated what the helll is our navy upto indian navy over 200 ships and our navy is just sitting on 15 to 20 ships most of them retired from uk and usa only four of them are new from china p3c we bought 15 years back but since than nothing dont know where is the naval budget is going

I want to see P-8i flying in Pakistan's flags too..

USA is just giving out old weapons paltform to PN, you really think USA would give you P-8I ( btw I stand for India ) , plus P-8I happens to be better ( much better ) than PC-3Orion

Back
Top Bottom