What's new

Pakistan Navy interested in J-11Bs

Status
Not open for further replies.
WS-10 engines on J-11 have been disatarous resulting in many crashes............all those people who want to go for J-10, Let me tell you single engine planes have never been good naval strike fighters.
J-11 would need lots modifications in Radars, EWS, IRST, engines to become a decent Naval strike fighter................J-15 would be far better option if its really comparable to Su-33 upto certain extent.

A-7, A-4, Etendard all are single engined jet having an excellent service record.

A-7, A-4, Etendard all are single engined jet having an excellent service record.

Try using them in current scenario..............against navies that have proper airdefense destroyers..........such as IN.

WS-10 engines on J-11 have been disatarous resulting in many crashes............all those people who want to go for J-10, Let me tell you single engine planes have never been good naval strike fighters.
J-11 would need lots modifications in Radars, EWS, IRST, engines to become a decent Naval strike fighter................J-15 would be far better option if its really comparable to Su-33 upto certain extent.

Funny.. the F-35C is single engined then eh genius??
Or a long series of naval fighters that were..
and where did you get the inside info on the J-11B's systems??.. wikipedia perhaps??

Would it not be more sensible if Pakistani Navy can ask PAC and Chinese to actually modify JF-17 for special naval operations? I mean those jets are brand new, fly well and this is the chance to actually make your entire fighter fleet more uniform than ever and reduce costs especially with a strained economic situation. J-11s will further add to your costs. Just my opinion.

And just for a note, Russians have a far bigger deal with us to get annoyed with losing one contract knowing our no-all-eggs-in-1-basket law. But its your choice really.

C802 AShm is being integrated/tested as we speak. there are several tracks being evaluated for the JF-17, FGA, Air-Defence and Maritime-strike roles. its just a matter of time before the JFT really showcases its performance.

I suppose this arrangement needs to remain in place.Let the PAF boys operate and maintain these birds.Although knowing the rivalry in the services, PN would eventually want to be independent
Araz

sources tell me that this proposal has been discussed at NDU between AF and Naval officers. the eventual result was that it wld be better if the PAF provides the Maritime strike role. the inter-service co-ordination wld need to improve which the PAF has agreed to

Thx bro... so Penguin what is your thought on this ? do you actually feel that we will get them just a general question i know you don't have crystal ball nor work for the PN :)

I'm not expecting PN to get any J11 variant. If it comes to Pakistan at all, it would go to PAF rather than PN. But why accept J11 when you're already operating F16 + JF17 with J10 on the way. Why add yet another aircraft type? Logistical issues aside, what would the gain be, compared to the existing 3 types using aerial refuelling?

Interesting thoughts : Success rests on out thinking the opponent. Will Subs be potent enough to break the shackles of a blockade if P-8Is occupy the airspace.
Just a thought.

Will IN with just 8 P8i have enough airframes to cover both India's coasts and blockade? PN has a similar number of P3c for a much smaller coastline and just the west portion of the Indian ocean.

I'm not expecting PN to get any J11 variant. If it comes to Pakistan at all, it would go to PAF rather than PN. But why accept J11 when you're already operating F16 + JF17 with J10 on the way. Why add yet another aircraft type? Logistical issues aside, what would the gain be, compared to the existing 3 types using aerial refuelling?

Your right..... They should just go for JF-17s instead of adding another type of jet..........But we dnt represent govt do we..
Peace!

I am personally up for Pakistan spending billions more on planes and submarines, for Pakistan main enemy, India has one weapon I hope Pakistan can never match, and that is India economy.

I am personally up for Pakistan spending billions more on planes and submarines, for Pakistan main enemy, India has one weapon I hope Pakistan can never match, and that is India economy.

in per capital surely they can, but in national GDP not possible as india has 10 times the population of Pakistan

De Havilland Sea Vampire and Sea Venom. FJ-1/2/3/4 Sea Fury, F-3H Demon, F-4D Sky Ray, F-6 Pirate, F-8 Crusader, F9 Panther (straiht wing) F9F Cougar (swept wing), F11 Tiger. Oh, and did I mention the (SEA) HARRIER???!

Try using them in current scenario..............against navies that have proper airdefense destroyers..........such as IN.

Proper .... like P15, P17? As compared to e.g. UK Type 45, NL LCF, US Arleigh Burke? Right ....

Which is why PAkistan should coldly look at its defence requirements and not try to keep up with (mirror) the Joneses next door.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom