What's new

Pakistan Looking To Buy China's J-31 Stealth Fighter

the "Stealth" j31 just looks like the f35, i doubt its anywhere near the 5th gen fighter. in fact it might be more comparable to 4th gen fighters. if it ever comes out that is

J-31 doesn't seem like fully stealth to me , plus its not reliable, has a smoky engine and isn't tested fully.

Smart choice would be to go for Su-35's if they're on offer .
The J-31 flying is only a demonstrator , not the final design. It needs comfirmation of investment from interested parties to proceed beyond further. The final version will not have smokey engine and in fact a more powerful engine to attain super cruise. More RCS reduction feature will be included in the final design if interested parties invested on it.

you left out F15 and F18

let's see theories on this forum:

used mirage 2000s being bought

j10s being bought

F16s block 52s being bought

SU35s being bought

and now j31s being bought.

guys take a break

j10s being bought

SU35s being bought

guys take a break
some of them bought j15 as well :D

Obsolete? Its only a few years old. And I doubt there are that many changes compare to the recent prototypes. Perhaps the engines and avionics. But still pretty much retain the same design.

Many Defence lover internet warriors don't understand what is Aerodynamics.. they want Aircraft design change like honda Mercedes cars after every year... LOL

j10s being bought

SU35s being bought

guys take a break

Sorry you missed... we also bought B2 bomber and F15.. how dare you forgt? you must be court marshall lol

j10s being bought

SU35s being bought

guys take a break

Off topic
waisa es thread ka title parna k bd ek kahawat mara mind main foran ae " jitha di khoooti uthaaain aaan khalooti"

On a serious note it is better to buy fighter jets from china for stable supply. With old experience of f 16 deal it is better to avoid US as far as expensive deals are concerned.

I like the possibility of seeing J-31 with the PAF, but they haven't been too keen on twin engines lately. The maintenance and service-time can be a burden for quick-response tactics of PAF.
I thought j-31 is operating on single engine now twin and that was also one of the reason PAF wants it because Mantince of twin engine is too high...

No need to buy these since Turkey and Pakistan can jointly built tfx.

good for PAK , well at least they will get the RD-93 even it's not good for fifth generation fighter , but better than WS-13 when china will export it (to other countries).

Hi,

The J31 is the wrong aircraft at this time----. The first priority needs to be two kinds of aircraft in parallel----a deep strike---like JH7B----and J11D or the SU35---.

The J31 is a complementary aircraft to these aircraft----.

Hi,

The J31 is the wrong aircraft at this time----. The first priority needs to be two kinds of aircraft in parallel----a deep strike---like JH7B----and J11D or the SU35---.

The J31 is a complementary aircraft to these aircraft----.
And possible 5 thG aircraft?
TXX? Turkish one?

but that's gonna more then a decade plus PAF needs something in the next few years

We are getting the sanctioned F 16 and if we can add some more F16 and JF 17 block 2 and 3 are far more advance jet. I am sure we can wait a decade. And TFX will be a home made product, we should look to utilize Turkish experiance.

In any case PAF will get the J-31 to max 50 aircrafts...these are special aircrafts, expensive and will always be limited in number.

The rest it has to look for more 4.5+ Gen aircrafts, MIG 35, Su 35, Gripens, EFs, JF 17 Block IIIs or F16 Vs.

are the turks making all parts of F 16s in turkey especially avionics?

Back
Top Bottom