What's new

Pakistan launches nuclear-capable Shaheen-1 missile

Owais

Reaction score
Pakistan launches nuclear-capable Shaheen-1 missile

ISLAMABAD (updated on: November 29, 2006, 10:06 PST): Pakistan on Wednesday conducted a test of its nuclear-capable medium range ballistic missile, the military said.

'Pakistani troops today conducted a successful launch of the medium range Hatf 4 or Shaheen-1 missile,' it said in a statement.Shaheen-1 missile, which has a range of 700 kilometers (437 miles), has been previously test-fired by Pakistan, a military spokesman told AFP.

The missile system was handed over to the army strategic force command (ASFC) a few years ago, the statement said.

"The event marked the culmination phase of the training exercise and validated the operational readiness of the strategic missile group equipped with Shaheen-1 Missiles," the statement said.

Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Committee General Ehsan Ul Haq witnessed the launch exercise. He hailed "the high standards achieved during training which was reflected in the successful launch and the accuracy of the missile in reaching the target," the statement said.

"Pakistan can be justifiably proud of its defence capability and the reliability of its nuclear deterrence," he added.

Nice awesome! for them!
A arms race is exactly what I want to kill "babu-dhoti-dom" in india.

good for Pakistan.

Joey, our babudom is also reforming slowly now. Wait in 5-7 years, things will be MUCH MUCH better. The media already gets up their a$$ everytime anything bad occurs, so slowly and steadily a change is happening.

btw tell me the TRUTH...
Did you want to go to war in 2002 during the military stand-off?

I thought it was a routine testfiring but Al Jazeera just mentioned some updates without giving details.
Anyone? :read:

Good for Pak engineers and scientists. Pakistan Zindabad.:flag:

Shaheen 1A
On 25th April 2012, the ISPR revealed more information about the missile. The missile weight is approximately 10,000 kg, slightly heavier than its predecessor and can carry either a single 1000kg warhead or be MIRVed with between 3 to 5 nuclear warheads weighing between 200-300 kg each.[9] In addition, the Shaheen IA primarily contains sophisticated automated refueling and advanced stealth technology features that were not present in its previous version to avoid detections from radars. Even Pakistani radars could not track the missile after it was launched. All three Shaheen missiles, Shaheen I, Shaheen 1A and Shaheen II are reportedly equipped with the latest PSAC (Post-Separation Attitude Correction) system. This is a unique feature which consists of small thrusters that can adjust the warhead trajectory for greater accuracy and evading anti-ballistic missile defence systems. The features of the missile could also serve as a testbed of features which could be implemented on the yet to be deployed Shaheen III which could potentially have a range of 4500km

Back
Top Bottom