What's new

Pakistan is working on new UAV with Chinese collaboration

Lankan Ranger

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Pakistan is working on new UAV with Chinese collaboration

Federal Minister for Defence Production Abdul Qayyum has said that Pakistan has indigenously developed drones and is working in collaboration with China on more capable UAV. He said while talking to media on the occasion of inauguration of the construction work of first F-22 P Frigate for Pakistan Navy, at Karachi Shipyard and Engineering Works (KSEW) today.

From:ASIAN DEFENCE: Pakistan is working on new UAV with Chinese collaboration

hmm..good one..but there is already UAV project which is undergoing in production with italy's collaboration,that one is i think only as a spy,wat about this one,is this going to be armoured one?

most probably yes, this might be an armed version of some kind, as there is Falco in production, another one Uqab is also being produced and most probably in use by NESCOM. The Luna UAV is also there in service.

We have also Chinese UAVs in service too for many years now.

So quiet few UAVs are in service or being brought in service.

@dez currently not but a major project is in the tunnel . lets see what it comes up with .

The Uqaab made by NESCOM and SATUMA is the armed one, I guess.

AHAN..really which one? and do pakistan currently have any armoured UAV or not..?

These are basically the ASN series of Chinese UAV being used by PA.

ASN-105 Alfa and ASN-206 kind of UAVs.

The Uqaab made by NESCOM and SATUMA is the armed one, I guess.

None of them are armed, armed version is still in the pipeline. Will take sometime and most probably if its made operational will be kept secret as long as possible.

The current UAVs being manufactured are quite small in size and unable to carry any weapon.

The new UAV being rumored is called Burraq, is being made possibly based on the Falco and may carry NESCOM developed Laser designator and Laser guided weapons. There have even been rumors of its first flight testing some months back. I guess we will see it soon, possibly in the next year or so.

Any specifics available.

On this.

Say what class of UAV.

Short range
Medium endurance
Global Hawk :cool:

Any specifics available.

On this.

Say what class of UAV.
Initially, Pakistan wants a Low to Medium Altitude Long Endurance Remotely Piloted Unmanned Combat Aerial System (L/MALE RP UCAS). This would give us a capability similar to that of the Predator/Reaper when it comes to fighting the war in the tribal areas.

However, a MALE UCAS would be of little use against an enemy like India, hence, in the long run, Pakistan will want to develop some type of High Altitude Long Endurance Intelligence Surveillance & Reconnaissance/Combat Remotely Piloted Unmanned Aerial System (or, for those who love acronyms, HALE RP UISRAS).

Chinese Predator UAV.

:chilli:

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom