What's new

Pakistan is Russia’s ‘most important’ partner in South Asia: Putin

india will remain neutral as used to be,it is not compuslsory to join nato or sco..btw,india have applied for sco and india even tried to get into oic which u ppl blocked..;)

India may think it's remaining neutral, but it's neighbours will not I am afraid.

Right now we are seeing a window where India can play both sides, but really you can see the heat is being turned up and if the USA ask for a favour, can India resist?

Its been discussed ad nauseum here on many threads before. You can also get a lot of information on the interwebz.
But, since you ask, in a nutshell, Perestroika and Glasnost - coupled with economic pressure of keeping up with the US and its allies - loosened the already bursting-at-the-seams union of republics.
Afghanistan was a joke - so to speak. Knowledgeable members would know.

Afghanistan was the catalyst though. Tipping point - so to speak. Had it not been for Afghanistan USSR would have been able to drag its half dead body for a lil more time. Afghanistan did for the USSR exactly what it was trying to stop - an economic breakdown leading to a political chaos.

India may think it's remaining neutral, but it's neighbours will not I am afraid.

Right now we are seeing a window where India can play both sides, but really you can see the heat is being turned up and if the USA ask for a favour, can India resist?

If you have studied India history, by our policy (and at time inaction), you would have got the answer straight. We don't invade even if someone calls in favors... It is as simple as that.

India does not believe in going to war because US called in a favor... That has never happened, will never happen... and that is the main reason we have stayed away from military alliances in our history... It has always worked better for us and is one of the main reasons (along with being a large economy) why India enjoys the stature that she enjoys today... we have our own identity and principles and we have never been a part of that rat race to be part of a 'gang' which just comes togather for military purposes... So, India will resist!

Pakistan , China , Russia lets defeat our common enemy usa and NATO :pakistan:

That is exactly what is know as fanboy stuff... Putin talked about shaking hands and friendship and you are already talking about 3 way military collusion against your erstwhile 'strategic friends'...

Don't worry if Russia has to do it, it can do that alone and with russia, china together, what additional value does pakistan add? dreaming again, are we?

And... Define friendship again, will you please? cuz i did believe that till last year you did have strategic dialogues with friend 'US' :azn:

Afghanistan was the catalyst though. Tipping point - so to speak. Had it not been for Afghanistan USSR would have been able to drag its half dead body for a lil more time. Afghanistan did for the USSR exactly what it was trying to stop - an economic breakdown leading to a political chaos.

No way!! Nowhere in many articles about reasons for USSR's fall is there any or barely any mention of Afghanistan. Afghanistan, like I mentioned earlier, was a joke. It was NOT the tipping point either.

The main reasons were, again, the unforeseen consequences of Perestroika and Glasnost in what was a traditionally rigid communist system.

Pakistan , China , Russia lets defeat our common enemy usa and NATO :pakistan:
ENEMY..!!!!
What are you saying..!!!!
Have you ever heard of country providing 2 $bn to its enemy..
SCO is not for war its for trade(atleast currently) between South asia and eurasia..:smokin:

That is exactly what is know as fanboy stuff... Putin talked about shaking hands and friendship and you are already talking about 3 way military collusion against your erstwhile 'strategic friends'...

Don't worry if Russia has to do it, it can do that alone and with russia, china together, what additional value does pakistan add? dreaming again, are we?

And... Define friendship again, will you please? cuz i did believe that till last year you did have strategic dialogues with friend 'US' :azn:

wow , you have any problem with Pakistan Russia friendship ?

Friends are made in international politics according to common interest , it interest changes friendship might be on stake currently USA has no other job then blaming Pakistan , Strategic interest of Pakistan is with China and Russia .

Friends are made in international politics according to common interest , it interest changes friendship might be on stake currently USA has no other job then blaming Pakistan , Strategic interest of Pakistan is with China and Russia .

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
with in 3-4 years u ppl switched from 180 degree

Rathen than that i would say pakistan dont have any choice rather than going for China and again trying to be clubbed with Russia as US is really a non trustworthy friend at this point of time for pakistan....I have seen so many points where pakistani friends talking about India favoring about US....Its really surprising....India never sided directly with US when it was at its weakest moment of the independent histroy in 1991....so india will never blindly get sided with US even now too...

The reason why u see US and India talking more is not because India is in lap with US rather it is US who wants to accommodate india's interest as US PAK relation turns difficult day by day...So in a nut sell...I feel india and russia are still on top in international geo statergic level but it is the US who is trying to be part of the indian story to get a foothold in the region....

Times change, If I were the Pakistani decision makers.. Id bring in Russia more into the Afghan problem. Ask them to work in, and start giving them access to our ports. The Chinese must be taken into confidence before this, but I dont think they would mind giving the Americans more cause for concern.
Putin is a Russian revivalist.. he wants the old glory back, why not help him with it.

oh yes this is how Indians would like it as well..
With Russia involved ...all deal making would rarely look diabolical in nature.

Would go a long way in generating a peaceful atmosphere.

Friends are made in international politics according to common interest , it interest changes friendship might be on stake currently USA has no other job then blaming Pakistan , Strategic interest of Pakistan is with China and Russia

dont be so quick to jump the gun on relations ...for all we know the Us might have a hand in this as well.
Russia has long forsaken its isolationist policies.
Look at it this way ...with Russia moving toward the south east ... China can no longer just be concerned about India's interests anymore when making advances.

Acha.......ok congratulations to pakistan. Every country just plays the cards only for its benefit........har desh

Back
Top Bottom