What's new

Pakistan is buying Type-022 Houbei stealth catamaran missile boats

mzeeshanfahd

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Pakistan is buying Type-022 Houbei stealth catamaran missile boats | Pak Defence News
According to Chinese media reports, under naval modernization program, Pakistan is going to build six Type-022 Houbei stealth catamaran missile boats at Pakistan’s state-owned shipbuilder Karachi Shipyard and Engineering Works (KSEW).

Type-022++(5).jpg

Can anybody comment on this arn't we building FACs

type022_04large.jpg
Chinese_Type_022_Fast_Attack_Craft.jpg
New Chinese Type-022 large Missile Crafts_.jpg

Pakistan Seeks To Energize Naval Modernization
By Usman Ansari
June 17, 2015

Chinese media reports have outlined a construction program involving six of eight S-20 variants of the Type-039A/Type-041 submarine under negotiation; four "Improved F-22P" frigates equipped with enhanced sensors and weaponry (possibly including the HQ-17 surface-to-air missile developed from the Russian Tor 1/SA-N-9); and six Type-022 Houbei stealth catamaran missile boats, to be built by Pakistan's state-owned shipbuilder Karachi Shipyard and Engineering Works (KSEW).

The reports indicate Type-022 construction may be delayed by the ongoing Azmat fast attack craft building program, but also highlight a significant expansion of KSEW's facilities.

More Detail:

View attachment 260775 View attachment 260776 View attachment 260777

By Usman Ansari
June 17, 2015

Chinese media reports have outlined a construction program involving six of eight S-20 variants of the Type-039A/Type-041 submarine under negotiation; four "Improved F-22P" frigates equipped with enhanced sensors and weaponry (possibly including the HQ-17 surface-to-air missile developed from the Russian Tor 1/SA-N-9); and six Type-022 Houbei stealth catamaran missile boats, to be built by Pakistan's state-owned shipbuilder Karachi Shipyard and Engineering Works (KSEW).

The reports indicate Type-022 construction may be delayed by the ongoing Azmat fast attack craft building program, but also highlight a significant expansion of KSEW's facilities.

More Detail:
i contacted this usman ansari charachter via email and what he says is nothing more than what you can find on the internet. all he does is gather, condense, and publishes.

You think this is some kind of blow?:haha:
These are basically souped up coast guard ships,they are defenceless against heavier IN flotilla or air attack by brahmos.
Well they wouldn't be operating independently, would they?

i contacted this usman ansari charachter via email and what he says is nothing more than what you can find on the internet. all he does is gather, condense, and publishes.

I'm glad you said this, and I didn't. Because my opinion of him, is not worth getting banned over. :lol::lol::lol:

These are basically souped up coast guard ships,they are defenceless against heavier IN flotilla or air attack by brahmos.
Irrespective of what their role may be, they will fortify PN's defenses many folds. Secondly, don't think that you can fire Moskit and we wont fire Babur, anti-ship and anti-carrier missiles? That is quite a childish response from a TT.

agreed its not a blow but a huge disturbance, and it would involve a rethink of india's naval doctrine towards Pakistan.
submarines are undoubtedly the most dangerous vessel of any navy. and going against a navy with a sub comes with risks and consequences.

now in regards to the type 22 here, its obvious here that its not india specific. it meant to provide a safe passage for ships coming in and out of gwadar.

Irrespective of what their role may be, they will fortify PN's defenses many folds. Secondly, don't think that you can fire Moskit and we wont fire Babur, anti-ship and anti-carrier missiles? That is quite a childish response from a TT.
you should direct the little brain cells you have to post something useful. sh*t talking is not nice, and it can back fire too!

you should direct the little brain cells you have to post something useful. sh*t talking is not nice, and it can back fire too!
Kindly keep your sanctimonious rants to yourself and learn to respect others point of view even if you have managed to delude your self into thinking that some how your are a cyber "expert".

Kindly keep your sanctimonious rants to yourself and learn to respect others point of view even if you have managed to delude your self into thinking that some how your are a cyber "expert".
really rants i believe your the one who is ranting. and whats my profession got to do with this? what do you do for a living?

really rants i believe your the one who is ranting. and whats my profession got to do with this? what do you do for a living?
Your are the one going rabid over my comments so yeah your are the one at fault. Not surprised that you didnt understand what i said because this goes to show, who has a depleted grey matter, but loves to run mouth. Now please go away! Your insolence says a lot about what kind of an internet troll you are and not worthy of my time. Hurl insults at me again and I'll report you.

DEFENSELESS? :crazy:

The boat’s multi-purpose radar can search and lock on targets both in the air and at sea, guide anti- ship and aircraft missiles.

The boats’ eight YJ83 new-type medium-range (150 km) anti-ship missiles can attack multi-targets beyond visual range.

According to a US naval officer, John Patch, “This craft is a purebred ship killer, perhaps even a carrier killer

The boats’ stealth function is so superb that tens of radars cannot detect them while their coating is so wonderful that one cannot see them until they have come quite close.

They may leave the battle field after firing their missiles as due to the boat’s advanced data link, they can leave the missiles to the care of AEW&C aircraft or warships.

Jane’s: China’s Type 022 Missile Boats Scare US military with Their Strength | Tiananmen's Tremendous Achievements

Your are the one going rabid over my comments so yeah your are the one at fault. Not surprised that you didnt understand what i said because this goes to show, who has a depleted grey matter, but loves to run mouth. Now please go away! Your insolence says a lot about what kind of an internet troll you are and not worthy of my time. Hurl insults at me again and I'll report you.
i dont have time to deal with demi trolls

Back
Top Bottom