Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
‘Pakistan is a volcano of talent’

Actor.jpg

JEDDAH: FOUZIA KHAN
Thursday 20 June 2013
Last Update 20 June 2013 12:42 am

Legendary Pakistani television actor Shakeel, aka Yusuf Kamal, said there is abundant talent in Pakistan and that the new generation in the acting industry is doing good.The actor is in Jeddah to perform Umrah and meet his daughter who lives in the Kingdom. This is his seventh trip to the country. He first came in 1992 to perform Umrah and for a stage play in Jeddah.
“Pakistani plays are going back to their originality after losing their way some time ago three to four years ago,” he said.

“Pakistan is a volcano of talent, not just in the acting field. The new artists are doing great, but they need to work hard so as to reach high levels of success,” the veteran actor said.
He said recent dramas like “Humsafar” and “Dastan” were excellent productions, which show the “Pakistani culture and heritage.” “Visual media is very strong but we did not give it as much importance as it gets in other countries,” he said.

He was born on May 29, 1938, in Bhopal, India, and later migrated migrated to Pakistan in 1952.
Shakeel has been associated with the acting profession for the past 47 years. He started off as a radio broadcaster when he was in school. He then moved to do theater, films and eventually television. Some of his most popular roles were in TV shows such as “Uncle Urfi,” “Ankahi” and “Aangan Terha.” “The unsuccessful films proved to be a blessing in disguise; they brought me to where I am today. I worked in television and its success continues. I have not worked in commercial films but serious films such as “Jinnah” and “Traffic,” he said.

Shakeel said he wants to use his fame to serve people on a national and international level.
He said it was a “magical moment” when he first visited the holy places years ago.
“I came as an actor and was being paid for my work. I don’t think that this occupation is bad. No one can visit the Almighty’s home unless He wishes,” he said.He said he recently acted in a play of the Pakistan National Art Council. He gave a solo performance in the 45-minute play by Sarwar Sabahi in 2011 and hopes that he can repeat it in Jeddah for a noble cause or charity.

“I fell in love with the role in that play, which was liked by many people. It was a turning point in my life, I performed it on stage all by myself for 45 minutes. It was a challenge because I worried that I would bore the audience, but i enjoyed it,” Shakeel said.

The Pakistani actor said that Muslims around the world should show the difference through their attitude and behavior. “Only your nice and humble behavior can make you a better Muslim. So it’s very important for Muslims to portray themselves as well-behaved,” he said.

‘Pakistan is a volcano of talent’ | ArabNews

No doubt about it. We need sincere and honest leadership.

Every country has talent but it is depend on their leaders and people to how to utilize them.

Abundance of talent is not something to be pride of......
U need to create a cultural space for such talents to flourish....

‘Pakistan is a volcano of talent’

Actor.jpg

JEDDAH: FOUZIA KHAN
Thursday 20 June 2013
Last Update 20 June 2013 12:42 am

Legendary Pakistani television actor Shakeel, aka Yusuf Kamal, said there is abundant talent in Pakistan and that the new generation in the acting industry is doing good.The actor is in Jeddah to perform Umrah and meet his daughter who lives in the Kingdom. This is his seventh trip to the country. He first came in 1992 to perform Umrah and for a stage play in Jeddah.
“Pakistani plays are going back to their originality after losing their way some time ago three to four years ago,” he said.

“Pakistan is a volcano of talent, not just in the acting field. The new artists are doing great, but they need to work hard so as to reach high levels of success,” the veteran actor said.
He said recent dramas like “Humsafar” and “Dastan” were excellent productions, which show the “Pakistani culture and heritage.” “Visual media is very strong but we did not give it as much importance as it gets in other countries,” he said.

He was born on May 29, 1938, in Bhopal, India, and later migrated migrated to Pakistan in 1952.
Shakeel has been associated with the acting profession for the past 47 years. He started off as a radio broadcaster when he was in school. He then moved to do theater, films and eventually television. Some of his most popular roles were in TV shows such as “Uncle Urfi,” “Ankahi” and “Aangan Terha.” “The unsuccessful films proved to be a blessing in disguise; they brought me to where I am today. I worked in television and its success continues. I have not worked in commercial films but serious films such as “Jinnah” and “Traffic,” he said.

Shakeel said he wants to use his fame to serve people on a national and international level.
He said it was a “magical moment” when he first visited the holy places years ago.
“I came as an actor and was being paid for my work. I don’t think that this occupation is bad. No one can visit the Almighty’s home unless He wishes,” he said.He said he recently acted in a play of the Pakistan National Art Council. He gave a solo performance in the 45-minute play by Sarwar Sabahi in 2011 and hopes that he can repeat it in Jeddah for a noble cause or charity.

“I fell in love with the role in that play, which was liked by many people. It was a turning point in my life, I performed it on stage all by myself for 45 minutes. It was a challenge because I worried that I would bore the audience, but i enjoyed it,” Shakeel said.

The Pakistani actor said that Muslims around the world should show the difference through their attitude and behavior. “Only your nice and humble behavior can make you a better Muslim. So it’s very important for Muslims to portray themselves as well-behaved,” he said.

‘Pakistan is a volcano of talent’ | ArabNews

I have seen some off his dramas mostly like his comic and villain roles

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom