What's new

Pakistan heading towards anarchy, cautions author

Rafi babu...you can even say it 2/3 or 100% but in relevant thread. Stop trolling if you don't have proper answers. We are talking about problems in Pakistan not India.

Ahmad Rashid is Pakistan's " The Sky is Falling " character and I pay very little attention to what he says. He is extremely popular with Indians and the West because he tells them what they WANT TO HEAR which is that " Pakistan is on the verge of complete MELTDOWN". So the Westerners and Indians gobble up his BS and he is laughing all the way to the Bank. Good for him. Someone once said "there is a sucker born every second", and they is certainly true for gullible Indians.

Having been to india, and seen the starving masses, india is indeed facing a tough time, Naxals are present in more than 1 third of indian states.

And they will use it on india, without a doubt, they hate india to the max.
before that they will use it for domestic consumption.. they hate your army more than us

I think the author has mistimed it. We are in a better state than we were about 3 years ago both the economy and security situations are recovering, I'd say we just came out of another doozy.
Cheers and Happy Republic Day!

this article would maybe have been easier to ''sell'' in 2009 or 2010......i'd say Pakistan is largely stable now for the most part though political, security-related and economic challenges do remain

security-wise, the situation has slightly improved.....again, much work to do. I think this journalist has been asleep in air conditioned room; hasn't gone outdoors to view the entire picture

Oh look who it is, Ahmed Rashid, the US stooge, who's been proven wrong time & time again on his predictions for Pakistan.

.........and look who opened the thread, and highlighted the parts out of context.

Only people as shameless and as sorry as Indians can do that.

Epic troll.

:rofl: Such a wastage of time, That 2000 to 2010 decade is long gone.. We are fully aware about our crisis and How to deal with them.. Media have become a source of brain manipulation and World forces are using it against each other.. Well! Media have lost its respect due to number of false and failed prediction.. Stability and Certainaty is our Future. :pakistan:

to a degree, media has been part of the problem but also part of the solution

at least people are talking now and the youth are more active and ''politically aware''

to a degree, media has been part of the problem but also part of the solution

at least people are talking now and the youth are more active and ''politically aware''

Can you put some light on current situation in your native Parachinar, I read on Al-Jazeera last year that it was under continuous supply blockage by TTP militants and the issue didn't get much media attention in Pakistan.

Can you put some light on current situation in your native Parachinar, I read on Al-Jazeera last year that it was under continuous supply blockage by TTP militants and the issue didn't get much media attention in Pakistan.

it got a coverage, mostly in Frontier Post and other provincial newspapers....

situation now is this.....blockage still takes place time to time but nowdays the blockages are not taking place after the army came and began cleanup operations in lower parts of Kurram.....upper Kurram (where Parachinar --the administrative capital is) is largely peaceful.

there was a ceasefire brokered after loya jirga; Bangash and Turri tribespeople (mostly Shiias but also Sunnis) made peace accord with some of the TTP-backed Sunni tribes. In Kurram it's always been historically a sectarian issue but militancy was rare. As it is a feeder point into Afghanistan (Tora Bora surrounds it on 3 sides) the people are pretty heavily armed -- so part of the agreement was that there would be no firing (even during weddings or celebrations) in order to prevent any misunderstandings or misshaps.

the current issue is kidnapping, and target killings of villagers going to and from Peshawar which is roughly a 3 hours drive away....many of those kidnapped or killed are Shiias --and it's usually banned sectarian groups like SeS (which are now working with TTP and other enemies of the state) behind these indiscriminate and cold-blooded attacks

i'm impressed that you remembered the name of my native village....if you get the permission, you can come visit anytime to see for yourself ;)

The Naxals will conquer Delhi soon and the new peoples republic of india will be born. Two can play at this.

Off topic.. But I guess with a green flag its allowed :)

.........and look who opened the thread, and highlighted the parts out of context.

Only people as shameless and as sorry as Indians can do that.

Epic troll.

Why are you shooting the messenger dude.. Its your own Pakistani citizen who is writing this..

Whatever is written in article ..... it may be correct for certain class of people and areas in Pakistan , but most of the metro cities and urban areas are doing good. I have Pakistani people in my team, I get to know their views and looks like society is very much divided in two class, Progressive Educated middle class who cares for career and family more and geopolitics and social issue less. Even they are not interested in power and there is orthodox class who have money but even interested in spreading their influence on society in many ways out of it some of them are not good and yielding negative news for Pakistan.
Some old policies of government (started in time of Zia like thousand cut to India and Total influence in Afghanistan for strategic depth ) are no more supported by thriving middle and upper middle class who are actual engine of Pakistani growth.

This becomes a self fulfilling prophecy if you repeat it often enough.

And since the us has such deep tentacles in Pakistan it wouldn't come as an accident but by design.

I have been hearing Ahmed Rashid harp about this for almost 15 years. God, why doesn't someone just call him out on this in an interview. I wish he is put in an interview with Wajahat Khan, he surely will rip this guy apart.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom