What's new

Pakistan F-16 Discussions 2

Billions to Upgrade and Up-arm Pakistan’s F-16s

Jan 17, 2017 00:57 UTC by Defense Industry Daily staff

Latest update [?]

PAF F-16As

Modernization program finishes with TAI deliveries.

January 17/17: Pakistan is hoping that a Donald Trump presidency may restart a plan to procure F-16 jets through a foreign military financial aid scheme. US Congress downed the plan last year following concerns by some lawmakers over Islamabad’s allegiances in regards to counter-terrorism operations in the region. It was decided that if Pakistan wanted the F-16s, they would have to pay for them out of their own pocket.

Historically speaking, Republicans were fairly nice towards PAF. Reagan administration and then Bush administration, obviously both times they needed us. That is still valid today so I'm sure we will be seeing more F-16s. Especially if India selects Gripen for their light weight fighter.

700 million for 8 aircraft you can get app 21 ac full Sqn of JF blk 3 (30million a piece) for it

The diff is combat range of f16 vs JF , 13.5 ton class light combat JF vs 19/20 ton class f16

First 6 F16s arrive in Pakistan

Attachments

• 1484743058113.jpg
    1484743058113.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 192
Historically speaking, Republicans were fairly nice towards PAF. Reagan administration and then Bush administration, obviously both times they needed us. That is still valid today so I'm sure we will be seeing more F-16s. Especially if India selects Gripen for their light weight fighter.

India is paying 91 million USD for 1 Rafale Single Seater.

For Gripen to qualify , it would need to offer its E/F capabilities at 45 million USD.

While buying F16 would be geopolitical advantage , even if its not as cheap.F16 is the pre condition right now for many other deals relating to UAVs , EMALS and Helicopters.

India is paying 91 million USD for 1 Rafale Single Seater.

For Gripen to qualify , it would need to offer its E/F capabilities at 45 million USD.

While buying F16 would be geopolitical advantage , even if its not as cheap.F16 is the pre condition right now for many other deals relating to UAVs , EMALS and Helicopters.
i am surprised that you are paying just 3.6 billion for aircraft and 4 billion for training and weapons.
i think this have to do with the offset clause

anyway i think its 91 million euro=98 million dollars
http://www.thehindu.com/news/nation...-agreement-for-36-Rafales/article14995775.ece

i am surprised that you are paying just 3.6 billion for aircraft and 4 billion for training and weapons.
i think this have to do with the offset clause

anyway i think its 91 million euro=98 million dollars
http://www.thehindu.com/news/national/India-France-ink-€7.87-billion-agreement-for-36-Rafales/article14995775.ece

Yes. A major part is about ~40 years of service contract to Dassault for 75%+ availability.

Then there would be around 10-12 major TOT programs too involved.

The contract also involves a JV between Indian and French companies for missiles.

France will also provide 560+ km SCALP missile.

And then the most important JV. Dassault - Relaince JV. It would be set up to initially manufacture a % of Rafale airframe Nd send it to France. But given the huge facility and investment its making , it points out to be the ground work of Rafale Assembly line.

Posting it just to refresh some old memories ....
=============================

October 4, 2005 (by MKopack) - Pakistan will buy 77 F-16 jets from the U.S. which Washington will acquire from a third country, after they are fitted with the state-of-the-art equipment, Islamabad's Ambassador to America Gen (retd) Jehangir Karamat said.

abi.jpg

While the supply itself will be made by the U.S., the F-16s will be acquired from a third country. The upgrade and preparation of the equipment however, is to be carried out by Lockheed Martin.

According to Islamabad, the American government has already approved the deal and will present it to the U.S. Congress in October and November.

Islamabad's Ambassador also said that besides approving the F-16 deal with Pakistan, the U.S. would provide it with 20 state-of-the-art Cobra helicopters.

Last year, the U.S. had initially proposed to sell 24 F-16s, each costing around $40 million.

According to Karamat, Pakistan will be given two F-16s by December followed by supply of 20 in 2006 and the rest 55 in 2007.

The PAF, which has about 30 F-16s acquired in the 1980s, is currently modernising its aged fleet by buying used French-made Mirages as well as jointly producing the F-7 Thunder with China. The PAF has also procured several Mirage fighters from Libya.

http://www.f-16.net/f-16-news-article1469.html

Back
Top Bottom