Pakistan Elections 2013 Predictions

Discussion in 'Pakistani Siasat' started by RiazHaq, Aug 3, 2012.

Share This Page

1. RiazHaq

RiazHaq SENIOR MEMBER

Ratings:
    +12 / 2,463 / -3
    Political parties and pundits are catching the election fever as the current PPP-led coalition government in Pakistan is nearing the end of its term in February 2013.

Campaign rallies are being held across the country by major political parties including Pakistan Peoples' Party (PPP), Pakistan Muslim League factions (PML N & Q), Pakistan Tehrik-e-Insaf (PTI), Muttahida Qaumi Movement (MQM), Awami National Party (ANP), Jamiat Ulama Islam (JUI) and Jamaat-e-Islami (JI) and others like Difa-e-Pakistan Council (DPC), etc.

[​IMG]

Overseas Pakistanis are getting into the spirit of elections as well. A WBT TV show called Viewpoint From Overseas recently interviewed me on the subject and asked for my analysis and predictions of winners and losers in 2013. Here's a summary of how I see the outcome of the upcoming elections in Pakistan:

1. Pakistan Peoples' Party (PPP) is likely to emerge as the single largest party with 90 or slightly fewer seats of the 272 general seats up for direct elections in 2013.

2. Pakistan Muslim League (N) would be competing with Imran Khan's Pakistan Tehrik-e-Insaf (PTI) for the second spot.

3. PPP is most likely to form the next coalition government with smaller parties like PML (Q), MQM and ANP.

4. PPP will essentially retain its vote bank in rural Sindh and Southern Punjab while MQM and ANP will carry urban Sindh and KP province respectively.

5. PML (N) will have real struggle getting overall majority in Punjab province.

6. There will be little change in Balochistan given the fact that the nationalists and insurgents are not ready to talk peace and participate in elections.

For detailed analysis, please watch this video:

Haq's Musings: Haq's Crystal Ball: A Look at Pak Elections 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 5, 2013
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. truthseer

truthseer SENIOR MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0 / 2,144 / -0
    Disagree on the retention of the majority of MQM and ANP in their respective areas. Karachi, at least, will have more PTI votes than you're predicting here.

I can't definitely say the same for KPK. However, seeing it's popularity there on TV, I can safely bet that PTI will also crreate hurdles making it impossible for ANP to get a majority
    • Thanks Thanks x 3
  3. Fracker

Fracker SENIOR MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3 / 1,549 / -0
    Pakistan
    You are forgetting other players of karachi, which will not effect any ethical votes, but the votes of other players. So i don't think PTI even has chance in karachi. Also in KPK, you don't know Jamat-e-Islami? If they came then I don't see PTI anywhere as well.. Since most of the nuetral votes will go to Jamat-e-Islami. And ANP will secure their ethical votes. PTI thow has chance in large cities like Peshawar, and may b in Kohat. But Mardan, Swat Swabi, Noshewar will be divided amont Jamat-e-Islami and ANP. And Hazara division will go to you know who..

Any how, I know next election is a mess and there are major chances of ANP+PPP+JUI-F+PML-Q and MQM government again.. so no difference for pakistani people even if PTI win some bunch of seats.
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. AdeelFaheem

AdeelFaheem FULL MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0 / 418 / -0
    Thanks to Gen.(R) Ahmad Shujah Pasha (Maker of PTI)
    • Thanks Thanks x 2
  5. Rafael

Rafael PDF THINK TANK: CONSULTANT

Ratings:
    +0 / 4,368 / -1
    Pakistan
    And all thanks to Gen. Zia Ul Haq for giving political birth to Nawaz Shareef who helped Zardari to become the president in the first place! :lol:
    • Thanks Thanks x 14
  6. Fracker

Fracker SENIOR MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3 / 1,549 / -0
    Pakistan
    So we should thank General Ayub for making PPP on the first place?
    Then General Zia for NS and MQM
    Musharaf for NRO, PML-Q and MQM again
    Pasha for PTI

so only credible parties left are Jamat-e-Islami, ANP alone? (by this logic)
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. Rafael

Rafael PDF THINK TANK: CONSULTANT

Ratings:
    +0 / 4,368 / -1
    Pakistan
    By the way, this is a must watch for every PML-N fan. Sher-e-Punjab was once advocating for Zardari's immunity :rofl:

You have got no proof that Pasha has made PTI. If so, please come forth and we can discuss it here.
    • Thanks Thanks x 8
  8. Archie

Archie FULL MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0 / 950 / -0
    India
    Not what I was expecting from you

So you believe that PPP will return to power and we will hear Zardari Khappey on this forum for another 5 yrs

Anyways good for Democracy ,good for ppp , good for India
    Not so good for Pakistani Awam
    • Thanks Thanks x 2
  9. hinduguy

hinduguy ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +4 / 15,228 / -2
    India
    Wah Riaz uncle, you got your own tv show now. :)
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. INDIC

INDIC ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1 / 14,100 / -10
    India
    I feel that there may be hung national Assembly because people are witnessing only urban popularity of PTI, nothing clear about rural areas.
  11. zip

zip FULL MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1 / 1,059 / -1
    India
    Ppp in pakistan
    al in bangladesh
    congress in india
    all will come back to power
  12. Awesome

Awesome RETIRED

Ratings:
    +5 / 20,545 / -0
    If elections are free and fair there can be only one.

Tsunami!
    • Thanks Thanks x 3
  13. Awesome

Awesome RETIRED

Ratings:
    +5 / 20,545 / -0
    PTI will sweep out PPP seats from Southern Punjab and significantly hurt N league elsewhere in Punjab too.

There will be a close match between ANP, PTI and DPC in KPK

And hopefully PTI would sweep through Balochistan.

Sindh would definitely go to PPP and if PTI can get a few seats here n there that would be bonus.

With some allies I hope PTI would be able to establish the next government.
    • Thanks Thanks x 6
  14. Peaceful Civilian

Peaceful Civilian SENIOR MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5 / 5,269 / -1
    Pakistan
    PTI will get many seats. No future of PMLN :victory:
    • Thanks Thanks x 2
  15. airmarshal

airmarshal SENIOR MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1 / 4,023 / -0
    Pakistan
    If PPP comes back in power then Pakistanis deserve even worse than they are getting from present government.

If Imran wanted to be in power, it would have been done a long time ago. Then I could support the argument that PTI was the creation of the army establishment. As it stands today, the exposure to people of both PPP and PML-N has made the argument for PTI. Both ruling parties are corrupt, family fiefdoms and have singular objective to stay in power to safeguard and secure their narrow interests.

People criticize PTI as if it has been in power several times. If PPP and the similar PML can have so many stints with zero results why not give a chance to party that had none before? How could we go worst than it is now?

Any party that wins Punjab will be win the elections.
    • Thanks Thanks x 1