What's new

Pakistan Army's T-129 ATAK Helicopter Deal | Updates & Discussions.

Yups, it's gonna be future helo for us.

And can u get checked whether v r getting mi35s or mi28s.
Kamran Khan in his program claimed that Pakistan is getting 20 MI-35. I heard one other guy saying the same but I have my doubts. Personally for dedicated attack helicopter I think we really need to evaluate MI-28. Russia offered it to us during IDEX 2014 along with three Air Defence Systems

I think mi-35 was confirmed by MODP ....
I am hearing that Pakistan has increased the number of MI-35 which we are getting

Z10 Thunderbolt is great bird Pak army should cancel super cobra instead go for T 129 ATAK for more reliable seller

Not coming.
@Zarvan will not like what you are saying :P

Anyway, T129 was never a very realistic option or a high probability. Z10 were in Pakistan, we used them and identified a few issues that need to be addressed. That is the more likely option we will opt for!!

Z10 is surely a great bird and will a great boost to PAA. Plus we have got those Vipers in production and will likely receive them by 2018 and that too will be great.

I hope Pakistan pursues some MMW radar option for Z10s as well. Quite likely!

@Zarvan will not like what you are saying :P

Anyway, T129 was never a very realistic option or a high probability. Z10 were in Pakistan, we used them and identified a few issues that need to be addressed. That is the more likely option we will opt for!!

Z10 is surely a great bird and will a great boost to PAA. Plus we have got those Vipers in production and will likely receive them by 2018 and that too will be great.

I hope Pakistan pursues some MMW radar option for Z10s as well. Quite likely!

T-129 has several problems of its own. In recent tests, those problems surfaced again. Even if Turks rectify them, there is the engine and other components that are prone to sanctions. The whole idea is to induct a platform that is sanction proof and provide adequate performance when needed.

Unfortunately, the ATAK fails in at least one of these. And, it is more expensive than both the Z-10 as well as MI-28 Night Havoc.

T-129 has several problems of its own. In recent tests, those problems surfaced again. Even if Turks rectify them, there is the engine and other components that are prone to sanctions. The whole idea is to induct a platform that is sanction proof and provide adequate performance when needed.

Unfortunately, the ATAK fails in at least one of these. And, it is more expensive than both the Z-10 as well as MI-28 Night Havoc.
Bahi this is what we have been saying and know for quite some time now but i was referring to what "people" will have to say. Anyway, Z10, as i have been told is a good machine and i hope the issues that we faced and pointed out have been addressed now. Also hope for a MMW to come with this. A Z10 with a longbow type radar supported by a squadron of modern vipers will address this area of requirement for some years.

Bahi this is what we have been saying and know for quite some time now but i was referring to what "people" will have to say. Anyway, Z10, as i have been told is a good machine and i hope the issues that we faced and pointed out have been addressed now. Also hope for a MMW to come with this. A Z10 with a longbow type radar supported by a squadron of modern vipers will address this area of requirement for some years.
I still think Z-10 have least chance. T-129 and dual seater MI-28 have more chances.

Back
Top Bottom