What's new

Pakistan Army's procurement of M151A2s

sarmadq

New Recruit

Reaction score
Hello all,
Being a keen fan, owner and restorer of the M151A2s, I wanted to know how many of these great machines did the Pak Army acquire in the early to mid 80s. What was the total number of vehicles in the motor pool?

Any soldier on board who was involved in the purchase deal ?

:pakistan:

Thus far I have not seen any mention of M151s being acquired in numbers by the PA. In the 80s and 90s we stuck with Toyota and then in mid 90s we signed the deal for the Defender 90s. I suspect maybe some were acquired during UNPK duties etc. However nothing in large numbers.

No good....

We had M38A1s which we still use for RRs.
The toyota was & is the general purpose jeep to ferry around officers and radio equipment usually. Never seen a 106mm or a TOW mounting on them. For that we opted for the defenders and mounted TOWs on them. The defender was not liked by PA as general purpose jeep as the initial days say lots of casualties in roll over etc.

Like the M38s the M151s came in bulk too. Late 70s early 80s as part of some US aid or something.

Need a soldier of the days to reply, who has some information on this.

While the Taliban and al-Qaeda gained ground in the tribal areas of Pakistan bordering Afghanistan, Islamabad bought eight P-3C Orion maritime patrol aircraft and their refurbishment worth USD 474 million. It also placed orders for 5,250 TOW anti-armour missiles worth USD 186 million. 2,007 of these have already been delivered and the rest are in the process of being supplied.
:lol:
Need Information on this tow anti armour missilies pics will be a better option,
Regards
:pakistan::usflag:

No good....

We had M38A1s which we still use for RRs.
The toyota was & is the general purpose jeep to ferry around officers and radio equipment usually. Never seen a 106mm or a TOW mounting on them. For that we opted for the defenders and mounted TOWs on them. The defender was not liked by PA as general purpose jeep as the initial days say lots of casualties in roll over etc.

Like the M38s the M151s came in bulk too. Late 70s early 80s as part of some US aid or something.

Need a soldier of the days to reply, who has some information on this.

TOWs are mounted on the M113s as part of Heavy Anti-Tank Regiments. They are typically not found deployed on the jeeps. Light Anti-Tank units have RRs and Baktar Shikan deployed and those I have seen Jeep mounted. Also I have seen RR's mounted on the Toyota Land Cruisers (at least in the 80s).

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom