What's new

Pakistan Army Aviation Corps - Updated

I have no bias but can't support a machine which fails to perform in trials just because it's from friend China. We like many things about Z-10 but engine is a major issue here that is why no further order has been given by Pakistan Army. You have great Air Defence systems and therefore we are buying them. We would get things which pass our tests no matter which country they belong to
Indeed you are biased. You are basing many of your conclusion based on religions and favoritism and hearsay.

When I am asking you for prove and you have provided is nothing but opinion and non authentic link. As if I lie regarding the range of our ATGM compare to Turkish one. Our ATGM is proven many times by Iraq army on their drone in battle against ISIS with many precise score on target. Why would u want to Intergrate an inferior to replace a better? Tell me? Just becos Turkish is your religion brother and no other merit, right?

This kind of blind fanatic is bad for progress of Pakistan. Pakistan need to rid off traitors like you which is doing harm to Pakistan modernization. Are u a RAW agent in disguise?

Indeed you are biased. You are basing many of your conclusion based on religions and favoritism and hearsay.

When I am asking you for prove and you have provided is nothing but opinion and non authentic link. As if I lie regarding the range of our ATGM compare to Turkish one. Our ATGM is proven many times by Iraq army on their drone in battle against ISIS with many precise score on target. Why would u want to Intergrate an inferior to replace a better? Tell me? Just becos Turkish is your religion brother and no other merit, right?

This kind of blind fanatic is bad for progress of Pakistan. Pakistan need to rid off traitors like you which is doing harm to Pakistan modernization. Are u a RAW agent in disguise?
I am not basing it on anything. VT 4 failed the tests in Pakistan. We like most things about Z-10 but main thing is engine in machine and that is where issue is. We are waiting for a Z-10 which has WZ 16 engine but China is taking to much time doing that. We like HQ 9 and HQ 16 and we are buying them. We may also buy VN 1 and VN 12 IFV.

1479533586108.jpg
Just a nice pic

Last edited:
@Zarvan @Beast

First of all, no need to get into name calling and personal contest.

None is here undermining the bird or Chinese Engineering but seems like one said it straight forward based upon hearsay or not the official statement while the other one misunderstood and take it against the nationalism.

Z-10s were handed over to PAA for test flying and evaluation and the same went under trials in different conditions/terrains as per the role of Bird and were returned to China for necessary changes, modifications and enhancements as per need of Pakistan.

However, during the same process, someone (not official) disclosed that beside the required changes as per need which are not the Technical faults at all, I must clarify, there was slightly heating issue and could be due to required tweak of engine being faced in specific hot areas though could be as might the Bird wouldn't be designed for such condition. Although, the logic about necessary changes and required modification carries more weight than engine issue alone as the bird is already being inducted in large numbers by China herself for the designated role.

However, it is to be noted that, lastly 2 Z-10s not just flew but took part in Ex-Ra'ad Al Barq few days back and were seen along with Cobras on the firing range so if the Bird was not capable or up-to the mark then wouldn't be shown like this during exercise of such high level.

Z-10s in Ex-Ra'ad Al Barq 1.jpg

Just my Opinion.

...However, during the same process, someone (not official) disclosed that beside the required changes as per need which are not the Technical faults at all, I must clarify, there was slightly heating issue and could be due to required tweak of engine being faced in specific hot areas though could be as might the Bird wouldn't be designed for such condition. Although, the logic about necessary changes and required modification carries more weight than engine issue alone as the bird is already being inducted in large numbers by China herself for the designated role.
Bismillah ir Rahman ar Raheem

As Oscar has said, the problem with the Z-10 is the power-to-weight ratio.

CAIC Z-10:
16,000 lbs. / 2700 shp. = @ 6 lbs./shp
20,000 ft. ceiling claimed (highly dubious)

AH1F Modernized:
10,000 lbs. / 1,800 shp. = @ 5.5 lbs./shp
12,000+ ft. ceiling

TAI T-129:
11,000 lbs. / 2,700 shp. = @ 4 lbs./shp
20,000 ft. ceiling or thereabouts

AH1Z:
18,500 lbs. / 3,600shp. = @ 5 lbs./shp.
20,000+ ft. ceiling

The Turkish were still not satisfied with the hot-and-high performance of the T-129, specially after the ballast that was added to overcome a slight problem. They need the high-altitude performance to combat the Kurds in the mountains, and finally approved the T-129 for hot-and-high after extensive testing this year.

Having seen the Z-10's demo, I think it can be safely said that it can use another 500-900 shp. Pakistan will probably use the old AH-1S/Fs in the mountains (operationally), but still the Z-10 will be barely adequate in the plains. I doubt it will be able to turn and run in the summers of the Lahore and Bahawalpur theaters (40-50 Celsius temperatures).

Anyway, just my observation. The Z-10 sure is a beautiful machine and if the reports about the satisfactory performance of the avionics and munitions are true, might be a worthwhile addition to the armory.

Hifz u kum Allah

Its better to induct Z-10 and T-129 both in equal numbers with TOT, as the total number of attack helicopters required would be much more than 50.

Apropos translation of the ticker in the 2nd photo:

"Social Media is a way to spread lies; Don't lend your ears to it - Dr. Asif Kirmani"

Back
Top Bottom