What's new

Pakistan Army Aviation Corps - Updated

This is indeed great news. Now Pakistan has option to buy either Turkish or Chinese heli.

So, it is almost certain that Pakistan will go for WZ10 after the shared problems with WZ10 are fixed & a stronger engine is introduced for the WZ10. Also WZ10 should carry a bigger rocket launcher than the one it is currently using which is a small. Probably the problem will be solved once WZ10 gets a stronger & better performing engine.

I just can't wait to see the final version of WZ10.

1479356034307.jpg
1479356048235.jpg
1479356061782.jpg
1479356076958.jpg
Ex Raad ul Burq

Last edited:
So, it is almost certain that Pakistan will go for WZ10 after the shared problems with WZ10 are fixed & a stronger engine is introduced for the WZ10. Also WZ10 should carry a bigger rocket launcher than the one it is currently using which is a small. Probably the problem will be solved once WZ10 gets a stronger & better performing engine.

I just can't wait to see the final version of WZ10.
PA has no mention of weak and underpowered engine problem. Same as PLA which has inducted more than a hundred in service. So same to say this configuration is almost the acceptance version.

PA has no mention of weak and underpowered engine problem. Same as PLA which has inducted more than a hundred in service. So same to say this configuration is almost the acceptance version.

For desert & plains areas of Sindh / Punjab, Z-10 may not have much of a problem even if it carries 8 ATGMs they might be enough. But real issue would be what load it can take at higher altitude areas especially with respect to our COIN ops & limited areas in hilly locations of AJK. On the other side some new details / pics of Turkish ATAK getting tested in Pakistan.

https://defence.pk/threads/pakistan-army-aviation-corps-updated.45739/page-210#post-8919002

But then again both are different platforms, one is medium class and the other is light class helicopter.

For desert & plains areas of Sindh / Punjab, Z-10 may not have much of a problem even if it carries 8 ATGMs they might be enough. But real issue would be what load it can take at higher altitude areas especially with respect to our COIN ops & limited areas in hilly locations of AJK. On the other side some new details / pics of Turkish ATAK getting tested in Pakistan.

https://defence.pk/threads/pakistan-army-aviation-corps-updated.45739/page-210#post-8919002

But then again both are different platforms, one is medium class and the other is light class helicopter.
Is there any detail of PA tested Z-10 in highl attitude area?

And is there any photo of T-129 gunship dangling with 16 ATGM?

Is there any detail of PA tested Z-10 in highl attitude area?

And is there any photo of T-129 gunship dangling with 16 ATGM?

First of all i did not compare the ATGMs of both platforms, or how much each can carry. So i don't understand why you asking ATAK can carry 16ATGMs or not. Plus as i said both platforms can't be compared directly as there is lil bit difference in their specs, plus even if you compare them pic vs pic we can clearly see the WZ-10 is bigger machine. If ATAK in its short duration got tested in hot and cold alltitudes in Pakistan then i am pretty sure that WZ-10 has been tested extensively, rather i was told that its performance at higher altitudes when compared with Cobra was much much better, but then again it can't be compared with a Cobra. And the WZ-10 being shown at 23rd march pararde and now at this integrated exercise clearly means that PA is happy with it and wants to induct it.

My only concern / point is how much weapons these platforms can carry at high altitudes, simple. I ain't saying WZ-10 is inferior as its not and personally i am happy to see it in PA colors as this was my wish from the day i saw it.

Pakistan has been testing the Z-10 extensively. I believe, if these pictures are real and recent, they may be from the 3 that the Chinese sent to Pakistan for trial and testing purposes.

This is another hint that PA has decided to induct Z-10s albeit with some improvements.
Or further testing, let's not jump to conclusions here, over some pictures without any sort of context.

Pakistan has been testing the Z-10 extensively. I believe, if these pictures are real and recent, they may be from the 3 that the Chinese sent to Pakistan for trial and testing purposes.

Or further testing, let's not jump to conclusions here, over some pictures without any sort of context.
True but very high chance it will be inducted. If PA has no intention to induct them. They will not give it such a high coverage of it with footage and video of it during war exercise

Back
Top Bottom