What's new

Pakistan Army APC Inventory

A certain source also states 282 modernised T-55 sold to PA by Serbia, can anyone confirm this.

What capabilities can obsolete cold-war era offer.
M48 was our frontline MBT during the wars of 1965 and 1971 and around 100 T-55s were given to PA as aid by Soviets somewhere between 1965-1970.
They fill gaps and I said generally don't trust wiki

A certain source also states 282 modernised T-55 sold to PA by Serbia, can anyone confirm this.

Well Sir capabilities is not everything, There is a big factor of numbers when you talk about Indo-Pak theatre of war. India possesses couple of hundreds of T-55s in their reserves and so do us.

According to Wikipedia PA has M48's and T-55's in reserve. We can convert them to APC's and IFV's similar to what Israel has done to captured T-54/55's resulting in the Achzarit APC.
Achzarit is a nice APC, ofcourse not as good as Namer or Eitan , that count as one of the best in the world due to their advance protection, aps and more, but still, an affordable one

Well Sir capabilities is not everything, There is a big factor of numbers when you talk about Indo-Pak theatre of war. India possesses couple of hundreds of T-55s in their reserves and so do us.
I wouldn't agree with you there. Iraq had a very large number of out-dated AFV's in the gulf war but they suffered immense losses; >6000 armored vehicles destroyed when facing coalition tanks.

I wouldn't agree with you there. Iraq had a very large number of out-dated AFV's in the gulf war but they suffered immense losses; >6000 armored vehicles destroyed when facing coalition tanks.
Read carefully Sir I said "Indo-Pak theatre of war", Both India and Pakistan have advance 3rd generation tanks but they can utilize their reserves too if needed to fill operational gaps in a large scale war. It doesn't mean that our reserved Pattons will be going head to head against T-90s.

Last edited:

I agree that the factor of number will be very much important during the war period only if both sides have equal endurance and understanding the value of serving the nation, keeping in view according to their religious ideology.

Here the next party is actually on job to feed their families, rather than any serious devotions towards their country.

That was bullshyt... specially when the army itself is replacing the more modern type-59s... with AZs or simplying phasing them out.

Can't we upgrade our M113 inventory like ACV-15 with the help of Turkey/China??

wikipedia org/wiki/FNSS_ACV-15

ACV-300_Adnan.jpg

Built in the 90s... never went into mass production.

k.jpg

https://defence.pk/threads/pakistan-army-apc-inventory.87330/page-5#post-4471822

And an untrained army along with it...

The vehicles were also monkey models.. and destruction was mostly due to coalition air bombardment...

Read carefully Sir I said "Indo-Pak theatre of war", Both India and Pakistan have advance 3rd generation tanks but they can utilize their reserves too if needed to fill operational gaps in a large scale war. It doesn't mean that our reserved Pattons will be going head to head against T-90s.
They are gone for good.. rotting...

And nobody is going to use tanks firing shitty 90mm rounds which are also no longer in production.

Italy has delivered nearly 650 M113 APC’S to the Pakistan Army as a gift from their excess stocks including VCC1 and VCC2 versions.
Meanwhile the US has supplied 369 M113 APC’S from their EDA stocks during 2014.

1000 new M-113 we can raise 3 new mechanized Divisions ^^

Yes! PA have around 300 M48A5 and 50+ T-55 in reserve but they will accompany our frontline MBTs if needed in a large scale war.
they are in reserve to replace tank lost in combat to bring regiment back to full strength

1000 new M-113 we can raise 3 new mechanized Divisions ^^
also acquire associated tanks, artillery, air defence, communications, engineering and other support vehicles :-)

According to Wikipedia PA has M48's and T-55's in reserve. We can convert them to APC's and IFV's similar to what Israel has done to captured T-54/55's resulting in the Achzarit APC.
More ATGM carriers are required.

I like the Idea, using old Tanks as a ATGM firing platform, high mobility, protection and the ability to kill Tanks altogether, and that for a low price.
PA does need more ATGM carriers.

M-113 armed with 12.7mm is a sitting duck if encounters a BMP-2 with its 30mm cannon and konkurs/Nag ATGM.
M-113 can be saved by dismounting the infantry squad and using RPG-7 or ATGM like Baktar Shikan to counter BMP-2 if time and tactics permit otherwise PA MBT will have a monumental task of not only protecting PA M-113's from IA BMP-2 but also engaging IA MBT.

Its better to relieve the burden on PA MBT by only exploiting weak points in enemy lines like artillery, communication, command and control HQ's, supply and ammo positions etc and let the PA ATGM teams take out enemy MBT and BMP-2.

If PA MBT's are engaging IA MBT's and face losses then the attacking power or offensive strength of the PA Armoured Division is weakened for further offensives against IA as its striking ability will diminish and it will be forced to go on the defensive for the rest of the war unless equivalent reinforcements arrive. Reserve tanks like M-48A5's replacing AK losses will not give the Armoured Division its striking punch back but only restore its numbers for a defensive stance. AK replacing AK losses will do the job.

Back
Top Bottom