What's new

Pakistan And India-Water Disputes-News And Updates

So you are ok with this.

1. How about Pakal Dul Dam on the Chenab ? Turkey is a partner for constructing the Damn and pakistan has objected it as a violation of the IWT.

Its going to be a massive 10 km long, with a capacity of 108,000,000 cm and is a concrete face rockfill dam.

Are you going to blow that up ?

partial-map-of-hydro-electric-projects-on-chenab-river-basin.jpg

2. How about Kiru Dam and Kwar Dam ?

These too is a concrete Dam on the Chenab River and again pakistan considers it an violation of the Indus river treaty.

Are you gong to blow that up ?

vicinity-map.jpg

3. How about the massive Sawalkot Dam ?

It has a capacity of 1.2 GW i.e. 1,200 MW and is a Concrete Dam. It is a massive 646-foot in height.

Are you going to blow this up ?

RCC+DAMS1+.jpg

4. How about the Bursar Dam ?

This is the biggest of them all.

Its has a height of 829ft having the capacity of 2,00,000 acre water storage. ( i.e. Dam is Almost 1 KM in height)

Its going to be Massive right on the Chenab river.

Are you going to blow it up ?
If they will be used to withheld water of three rivers against indus wated treaty n make us desperate ye..then yyes we will ... N regarding objections there r always disputes of such type of agreements ... However i think people here r claiming to end indus water treaty and withheld water of all 6 rivers .... Or are you debating something else ?

Our past serves as a historical data for the future. If not no body would study history. Uri attack even if you pin it on Pakistan like always, is no bigger than we going to wars with each other, Parliament attack, Mumbai attack etc. So how exactly is this a new day? Because of Modi and his 56" chest? Didnt you guys get it when Modi promised during the election years and what he is following? Yes he has suspended Water commission but commission wasnt working either, Pakistan took its dispute to the international court, so commission was as good as dead long before this. What remains to be seen is how it impacts Pakistan share of water. We have already made it clear that we will take is no less than an act of war. If India wants to prevent a war yet teach Pakistan a lesson, how will this serve a purpose because it will lead to a war eventually.

I have not stopped you from studying the past, I am only telling you that it will serve no purpose if you draw wrong conclusion after studying the past and continue to ignore the present.

India has grown stronger in the last 65 years, the world has grown smaller, pakistan has become smaller and the gap between India and pakistan has grown wider.

Earlier India looked towards the world, Today the world looks toward India.

These are the facts of the case, the Realities of Today.

Its a new day because UNLIKE the past, India has taken the first step to kill the IWT. In fact the IWT has already died and can only be revived if paksitan gives it CPR. THIS too is a new reality of a new day.

The IWT do not permit taking the matter to the International court WITHOUT the commissions report. So your act of going to the CoA itself is an illegal act and which is why the CoA will send you back to India.

India has already acted, its now for pakistan to act. So if you consider it an act of war, the next question will be what are you going to do next ?

India has no intention of starting a war, but we have no intention of preventing it either. That much should be obvious.

So what next ?

Than let us agree to disagree. He was also the same man who said we will teach Pakistan a lesson and for that one needs a 56" chest. Anyway i will not dwell into the topic anymore. Pakistan has made it clear how we will view if India tries to unilaterally suspends the treaty.
And no we dont take India for a pushover nor do we start blaming India the moment a bird enters into Pakistan. It is only the other way round. For every wrong in India, Pakistan is responsible. This is BS of the highest order and we are not going to take it irrespective of what threats India wants to put on the table.

I have no problem with your perception of Modi. Its irrelevant to me and to Modi himself.

Also you are free to call our facts as BS. That too is your prerogative, the same way suspending IWT is our prerogative as we have already demonstrated.

I have not stopped you from studying the past, I am only telling you that it will serve no purpose if you draw wrong conclusion after studying the past and continue to ignore the present.

India has grown stronger in the last 65 years, the world has grown smaller, pakistan has become smaller and the gap between India and pakistan has grown wider.

Earlier India looked towards the world, Today the world looks toward India.

These are the facts of the case, the Realities of Today.

Its a new day because UNLIKE the past, India has taken the first step to kill the IWT. In fact the IWT has already died and can only be revived if paksitan gives it CPR. THIS too is a new reality of a new day.

The IWT do not permit taking the matter to the International court WITHOUT the commissions report. So your act of going to the CoA itself is an illegal act and which is why the CoA will send you back to India.

India has already acted, its now for pakistan to act. So if you consider it an act of war, the next question will be what are you going to do next ?

India has no intention of starting a war, but we have no intention of preventing it either. That much should be obvious.

So what next ?

I have no problem with your perception of Modi. Its irrelevant to me and to Modi himself.

Also you are free to call our facts as BS. That too is your prerogative, the same way suspending IWT is our prerogative as we have already demonstrated.
This is for the likes of you and others:

India rather than Pakistan getting isolated tweets Arvind Kejriwal

Source: https://defence.pk/threads/india-ra...-tweets-arvind-kejriwal.452005/#ixzz4LY60TTcX
Read the article from post #5. That is your ambassador saying not some Pakistani.

You overestimate yourself and underestimate us. Like i said you suspended commission, it was dead already. Now what remains to be seen is how it impacts Pakistan's water? When that stage arrives and i hope it never does, you will get our response which you have no intention in preventing but there are others who do.

If they will be used to withheld water of three rivers against indus wated treaty n make us desperate ye..then yyes we will ... N regarding objections there r always disputes of such type of agreements ... However i think people here r claiming to end indus water treaty and withheld water of all 6 rivers .... Or are you debating something else ?

The objective of the Dam IS to withhold water. That is how these dam's operate.

It will give us control on the flow of water on the Chenab so as such is in clear violation of the IWT. So if you want to act, the time is now.

As for the Indus, India is building the Tulbul Navigation project that will link the water of the Indus and Jhelum and will then like that to the Chenab.

The project envisages making of 10-parallel waterways — a lock way, two overflow ways, six non-overflow ways and a fish ladder.

These locks can also be used to either withhold water or use the water to flood pakistan.

What are you going to do about that ?

This is for the likes of you and others:

India rather than Pakistan getting isolated tweets Arvind Kejriwal

Source: https://defence.pk/threads/india-ra...-tweets-arvind-kejriwal.452005/#ixzz4LY60TTcX
Read the article from post #5. That is your ambassador saying not some Pakistani.

You overestimate yourself and underestimate us. Like i said you suspended commission, it was dead already. Now what remains to be seen is how it impacts Pakistan's water? When that stage arrives and i hope it never does, you will get our response which you have no intention in preventing but there are others who do.

Arvind Kejriwal is a gad fly. No one takes his tweets seriously.

I have already posted about how the death of the IWT is going to impact pakistan's water.

Specifically post #1655 and #1674. Read it at your pleasure and tell me what pakistan will do about it all.

Not only the world bank but whole world will slap you for this move.

So your strategy is to wait for world bank to slap us ? Don't you think its rather tame ?

Source of this claim. Bharamputra is affectivng only NE india. Last I checked it does not constitute 30% of India.

As for the population the entire population of NE states is barely 40 million people not 300 million

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_states_and_union_territories_of_India_by_population

Two things here, the basin referred to by myself seems to be total effected, hence the high figure.There are plenty of sources for this;

625 million people live in the basin, 80% of which are farmers and need the water for their crops and animals.

https://www.mtholyoke.edu/~tetho20z/classweb/dw1/brahmaputra.html

Basin population
Around 400 million people

http://wwf.panda.org/about_our_earth/about_freshwater/rivers/brahmaputra/

However, the direct Indian population on the basin is around 46 million, according to this report.

http://cmsdata.iucn.org/downloads/iucn_research_brahmaputra_basin.pdf

The river is vital for India, and as mentioned in the earlier links, not just for farming irrigation etc. It also has religious significance if I am not mistaken.

If Beijing stops Indus water from its sdethen even Pakistan will be affected. No water from China--> No water from India --> Pakistan turned desert region

Majority of the Wasteland region will be in Pakistan. So If China is your friend it will NOT stop the water as you will be indirectly affected

Erm, do you think the Chinese will stop there? They won't. Chinese elevations are higher than that of Pakistan's Northern Areas, as the river derives a great deal of momentum from this gravitational pull, here is it on the Chinese side;

shiquan-river.jpg

So the next step will be to join the Indus via Chinese territory with the Northern Areas, with which there is some scope, although a bit of distance is involved, China has two rivers that add strength to the river Shyok, which could be useful in such a project. Even if it is not feasible, India will also be bought to its knees, via shortages and be forced to abandon its policy.

You shouldn't be talking about deserts dear chap, you left out all the rivers other than the Bharamputra China controls, you can refer to my previous posts. If they turn off the taps to them, then you will be looking at a disaster of biblical proportions.

Oh I was also correct that you would rubbish every source that disagree with you. In your case they all commies lol. You ignored the Japan times article I also posted, but hey I've realised that's a habit that dies hard for you folks i.e. ignoring stuff that frustrates you.

Here is another "commie".

http://www.indiatimes.com/news/with...-concerns-it-should-first-address-262399.html

Not only Indus, but other rivers like Brahmaputra too originate from China and the country is already constructing a dam on that river.

If India scraps the indus treaty, given the current geo-political scenario, China might strangle the inflow of rivers from its territories into India.

"Might", that would be a given.....

You should also do a purge of these "commie' elements, there seems to be so many of these anti-national articles going around, I mean they should all be forced to say that India will win the water war, and ignore the fallout that will happen. Anything asides from what you want to hear should be declared treason.

Two things here, the basin referred to by myself seems to be total effected, hence the high figure.There are plenty of sources for this;

625 million people live in the basin, 80% of which are farmers and need the water for their crops and animals.

Basin population

http://wwf.panda.org/about_our_earth/about_freshwater/rivers/brahmaputra/

However, the direct Indian population on the basin is around 46 million, according to this report.

http://cmsdata.iucn.org/downloads/iucn_research_brahmaputra_basin.pdf

The river is vital for India, and as mentioned in the earlier links, not just for farming irrigation etc. It also has religious significance if I am not mistaken.

From your First Link

The Brahmaputra River Basin consists of the Ganges and Brahmaputra, which originates in Tibet and the Barak River starting in India. These rivers all converge in Bangladesh as the Meghna River and flow out to the Bay of Bengal. The river basin is a wide land area made up of parts of India, Tibet, Bhutan, Nepal, and Bangladesh.

That is what I was thinking. They have combined the population and area of both Ganga and Brahamputra. But Ganga originates within India Itself so they cant block it and yes it passes through one of the heaviest populated area in india and if Gaga had been affected it would definitely have spelled disaster

And it is Ganga which has religious significance not Bhramaputra

So the next step will be to join the Indus via Chinese territory with the Northern Areas, with which there is some scope, although a bit of distance is involved, China has two rivers that add strength to the river Shyok, which could be useful in such a project. Even if it is not feasible, India will also be bought to its knees, via shortages and be forced to abandon its policy.

It will be a big feat of engineering to try that in that terrain and will take some time. Yes chinese may be able to do that (I really appreciate chinese engineering prowess) However I have couple of questions

1 Such a project will cost millions of dollars. What is the ROI for china for such a project

2 As you know there are no permanent friends or enemies. Why will China risk antagonising such a big market for its goods and services

If India sees such an attempt by China India will also build canals to divert water to Punjab

You shouldn't be talking about deserts dear chap, you left out all the rivers other than the Bharamputra China controls, you can refer to my previous posts. If they turn off the taps to them, then you will be looking at a disaster of biblical proportions.

there are no other big rivers apart from Brahmaputra that china controls. We know their projects on brahmaputra but as has been explained before in the threa that major catchment area of the river is in india. so India will be able to absorb the reduction. The most affected by this move will be Bangladeshis as India will use up all the water in India's land

Pakistan sponsored terror in India is a figment of Indian imagination..and in some delusional bollywood supah powah india is fiddling all its holes...this will erode years of trust and India will reassert itself as an irresponsible country....we need to bring up cases of Indian sponsored terror in Pakistan as well...and find ways to co-operate with China in securing water supply..

IWT is not a commission for talks but a treat guaranteed by world bank...for years Pakistan has complained to world bank over Indian manipulation of river data and water flow...now this will re-assert Pakistani position...

Tell me one other country in the world which gave up three of its rivers to another country. It is India which did the talk and the walk and kept its end of the bargain.

It is simple logic. IF you play by book, we will play by book. For 56 years we abide by IWT because we wanted both our countries to prosper through cooperation. When push comes to shove then all bet are off.

Jawaharlal Nehru meets Ayub Khan at Karachi airport to sign the Indus Water Treaty in 1960.

14524347_1147567041990414_4252710020959957962_o.jpg

Basin population

Spare me the babble on the Brahmaputra

625 million in Brahmputra basin ??
Please look at the map - India & Bangladesh

Bangladesh is not 100% dependent on Brahmaputra waters.
NE India receives a lot of rainfall. Look at rainfall amounts for NE India.

From your First Link

The Brahmaputra River Basin consists of the Ganges and Brahmaputra, which originates in Tibet and the Barak River starting in India. These rivers all converge in Bangladesh as the Meghna River and flow out to the Bay of Bengal. The river basin is a wide land area made up of parts of India, Tibet, Bhutan, Nepal, and Bangladesh.

That is what I was thinking. They have combined the population and area of both Ganga and Brahamputra. But Ganga originates within India Itself so they cant block it and yes it passes through one of the heaviest populated area in india and if Gaga had been affected it would definitely have spelled disaster

And it is Ganga which has religious significance not Bhramaputra

It will be a big feat of engineering to try that in that terrain and will take some time. Yes chinese may be able to do that (I really appreciate chinese engineering prowess) However I have couple of questions

1 Such a project will cost millions of dollars. What is the ROI for china for such a project

2 As you know there are no permanent friends or enemies. Why will China risk antagonising such a big market for its goods and services

If India sees such an attempt by China India will also build canals to divert water to Punjab

there are no other big rivers apart from Brahmaputra that china controls. We know their projects on brahmaputra but as has been explained before in the threa that major catchment area of the river is in india. so India will be able to absorb the reduction. The most affected by this move will be Bangladeshis as India will use up all the water in India's land

Pakistanis are assuming China will make enemies out of India and Bangladesh just for them

Back
Top Bottom