What's new

Pakistan Air Force's acquisitions for future

The Four(now two or one , depending on the narrative) SAAB-2000's were to be supplemented by 4 Chinese ZDK-03 systems. The Chinese Systems arent all bad(although easily behind their western counterparts). The Systems has a slightly longer range than the SAAB but its coverage ability is similar to the E-3 with the monopulse.. due to the fact that they Chinese haven't figured out how to move the beam in two axis. It is an quasi-ESA array as the beams scan in the vertical.. and rely on the rotating dome to move it around.

I have a good idea that our own indigenous LSTAR AESA AEW&C radar (undergoing flight tests atm) came after hefty Israeli help. Any idea about that? (details on the sensor are provided in the last two pages of the link) http://drdo.gov.in/drdo/pub/techfocus/2013/TF_April_2013_WEB.pdf.

So what happened to that plan for replacement AEW&C, I believe two of them were knocked out in a terrorist attack or was it three? The same goes for the Qing class subs (I know its OT but I had to ask) and the J-10s?

I have a good idea that our own indigenous LSTAR AESA AEW&C radar (undergoing flight tests atm) came after hefty Israeli help. Any idea about that? (details on the sensor are provided in the last two pages of the link) http://drdo.gov.in/drdo/pub/techfocus/2013/TF_April_2013_WEB.pdf.

So what happened to that plan for replacement AEW&C, I believe two of them were knocked out in a terrorist attack or was it three? The same goes for the Qing class subs (I know its OT but I had to ask) and the J-10s?

No only 1 was destroyed... ive met the officer who engaged the terrorists at kamra...

No only 1 was destroyed... ive met the officer who engaged the terrorists at kamra...
@Oscar here is the confirmation, seems that only one got knocked out. I thought that the loss occurred during the attack on Mehran?:blink:

Last edited by a moderator:
@Oscar here is the confirmation, seems that only one got knocked out. I thought that the loss occurred during the attack on Mehran?:blink:

One was knocked out, and there are reports that one was turned non-airworthy.

Last edited by a moderator:

Non airworthy means that the sensor suite and systems are still intact, so repairs to the aircraft itself will fix the problem, no?

Frm what ive heard its back in service...

P.S= The officer was giving lectures on the issue and i think he was also awarded some gallantry medal for his role in combating terrorists during kamra attacks... and from what i heard the bastards had targetted the AWACs from outside the base.... and had formed small groups... specifically targetting AWACs and other assets...... most of them got saved coz they were in the hangers...

Non airworthy means that the sensor suite and systems are still intact, so repairs to the aircraft itself will fix the problem, no?

Not if the fuselage is damaged beyond feasible repair. So that it is essentially cheaper to get a newer airframe.. or declare the aircraft a loss(along with its electronic equipment which may not be a total loss).

Frm what ive heard its back in service...

P.S= The officer was giving lectures on the issue and i think he was also awarded some gallantry medal for his role in combating terrorists during kamra attacks... and from what i heard the bastards had targetted the AWACs from outside the base.... and had formed small groups... specifically targetting AWACs and other assets...... most of them got saved coz they were in the hangers...

Im would take that with a pinch of salt. Damage control is always a bit peachy.

he he he are you serous so what are you planning to bring next in discussion dirty toilets and more poor than sub sharan africa :azn: :rofl::rofl::rofl:

well we will already have Rafales (gen 4++) & FGFA(gen 5) flying in good numbers by then and would owr pilots & ground crews have become quite comfortable with them by then :yay:

what will you do then + we will be having a good nos of Super Sukoies (ugrd's of MKI) by then aswell

Considering the Rafale deal is still dead in it's tracks and the FGFA could face further delays (it's already behind schedule), the IAF won't have too much of a head start.

Well the guy was asked by the army to visit garrisons and share his experiences...

As I said, damage control. If one even gets the inkling of how absolutely pathetic the security was at almost all PAF bases(save perhaps E-9 Complex).. the term "Khala ji ka ghar" suits appropriate.

When are the block 2's of JF 17 supposed to roll out, any news about it?

As I said, damage control. If one even gets the inkling of how absolutely pathetic the security was at almost all PAF bases(save perhaps E-9 Complex).. the term "Khala ji ka ghar" suits appropriate.

Even if the fuselage is damaged beyond repair as long as the sensor suite is intact it can be mated to a replacement platform no? If only 2 AEW&C are operational then that's a HUGE blow to the PAF. Surely there must be something ongoing to remedy it?

AND why would maximum security be accorded only to the Air University in Islamabad (E-9) and not to the bases housing perhaps the most important assets of the PAF? :blink:

I dont think Economy will really play a role here, the US has more debt on its head than Pakistan, yet they are continuing to purchase and research new planes.

Back
Top Bottom