What's new

Pakistan Air Force - The Best Kill Record in the World in defence

well u people can keep posting such fanboy videos for appeasement of ur shattered morale.

1971 is enough to show the failure of the spectacular PAF.

East Pakistani airspace was compromised within a matter of 2 days.

Operation Chengiz Khan totally flopped to achieve it's objective.

Soon after Chengiz Khan IAF responded with massive retaliatory strikes.

Sargodha and Masroor were totally damaged,for two days PAF had to operate from taxiways.

Ur PAF was completely unable to defend Karachi when it was bursting like firecrackers.

Try to take on against Israeli air force as a single entity other than remaining scrambled inside an Arab force,u will get the results

Time had not changed that much

1st of all you must remember how many aircrafts were there in dakha at that time no more than 20 and they too f-86 in very poor condition due to lack of spareparts and most of them were burnt by us in order to avoid going into enemy hands cos base was not secure...
leave it aside what your brave indian air force did in west paksitan su-7 craps on paksitani soil were out of count...... and even with dying f-86 we were able to keep your mighty force at arms length....

in case of israeli or us pilots we should agree that they are better trained than any in the world and has better exposure to technology . they are formidable air forces.
other thing israel has not faced real war yet, mean no realy competetive technology cos arabs at that time were lacking class fighters and now the only limitted type of opponent left is syria that has below par air force as compared to israel .... so they by all means enjoy air superiority

Please stop being delusional, the best kill record is a very subjective thing and for sure the PAF does not posses it. A simple comparison of Sorties vs Kill ratio can tell you where the PAF stands in the world. Just going by statistics, the sheer amount of sorties the US Air Force does in a year vs how many jets they loose, they are way way ahead of anyone. The PAF is very capable but dont go around chest beating and calling it the best.

Please stop being delusional, the best kill record is a very subjective thing and for sure the PAF does not posses it. A simple comparison of Sorties vs Kill ratio can tell you where the PAF stands in the world. Just going by statistics, the sheer amount of sorties the US Air Force does in a year vs how many jets they loose, they are way way ahead of anyone. The PAF is very capable but dont go around chest beating and calling it the best.

Thy shalleth readeth this comment...eth
http://www.defence.pk/forums/milita...-kill-record-world-defence-3.html#post1285609

Paf is one of the best in the world forsure GOD bless .

The only reason PAF pilots succeeded has been adequately explained by Mr. Santro that the Israeli's never expected any fightback and were taken by surprise.

How does one of the (if not THE) toughest AF training regime in the world (or so it is claimed) 'train' its pilots to NOT expect a fightback and when confronted with the 'fightback' cannot deal with the'surprise'? What kind of pilot training, trains that "Don't worry, you are the Mighty Zionist, the Arabs will not fight you".

Is that what you beleive?

Israeli and Pakistani pilots trained together in the 80's when both forces were preparing for their first F-16's..along with the arabs.
The Pakistani's hung out with the Israeli's more than with the Arabs.

Your information sources, sir, astound me. Wow. Ahmad Kuli Khattak, Shahid Latif, Sami Toor , Shahid Javed, Ovais , Muzaffar, hangin' out with the Zionist Boys.....:cheers:

without any shadow of doubt you all have sumed it up very correctly with grace and help of ALLAH we have achieved it

Your information sources, sir, astound me. Wow. Ahmad Kuli Khattak, Shahid Latif, Sami Toor , Shahid Javed, Ovais , Muzaffar, hangin' out with the Zionist Boys.....:cheers:

Yup..
By hanging out.. doesn't mean bar parties.. it means the study phases.. the mission briefings..
PAF personnel would discuss their mission results with the Israeli's..
Compare that to the arab pilots.. who would just try to pass the time...
this I got from one of the USAF instructors..and original F-16 pilots.
here's the link:
http://f-16.net/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&p=85382&highlight=pakistan#85382
The zionist boys are human too..
And PAF pilots share a contempt for Israel.. but in a classroom .. you are all students..it doesn't matter who came from where.
IAF and PAF personnel regularly attended courses together...there were no bar fights then either...infact quite a few times.. against the gora's.. they ended up sticking together.
The same goes for IDF personnel..
Btw.. your prized F-16's flew for ten years on zionist parts..think about that...
The first UAV from IDS systems flew with a Elbit flight computer.. straight from Israel..
Saw that with my own two eyes..

Last edited:
Btw.. your prized F-16's flew for ten years on zionist parts..think about that...
The first UAV from IDS systems flew with a Elbit flight computer.. straight from Israel..

Thats business as usual...doesnt mean friendship or soft spot.

Btw if you are talking about the late 90s embargo on PAF,when they couldnt get spares from USA...these parts were bought from black market for many times more than the usual price,and the vital parts were bought....the UNNECESSARY safety parts,such as pyrotechnics for the ejection seats were missed all together..It didnt matter if the parts came from Russia,Israel or Antarctica..They were bought for a higher price from Black market..thats all.

Yup..
By hanging out.. doesn't mean bar parties.. it means the study phases.. the mission briefings..
PAF personnel would discuss their mission results with the Israeli's..
Compare that to the arab pilots.. who would just try to pass the time...
this I got from one of the USAF instructors..and original F-16 pilots.
here's the link:
http://f-16.net/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&p=85382&highlight=pakistan#85382
The zionist boys are human too..
And PAF pilots share a contempt for Israel.. but in a classroom .. you are all students..it doesn't matter who came from where.
IAF and PAF personnel regularly attended courses together...there were no bar fights then either...infact quite a few times.. against the gora's.. they ended up sticking together.
The same goes for IDF personnel..

Junaab, let me try again. Your information sources astound me. End of story. I am not sure what you take from that other than that you are privy to some information that I as a lay-person do not have. The cheers symbol was just that a symbol of 'co-operation'....not at all implying that they were partying together.

There is a lot more to Israeli-Pak 'co-operation", for example, during Zia's time and the Russian invasion of Afghnistan, as part of the US Aid, Israel refurbished some of our Armoured Corp equipment. That our drones use Israeli equipment bought in the open market is acknowledgement of the US Taxpayer-subsidized Israeli Tech. industry.

The F-16s are no prize to me at all...lot more efficient platforms out there - another story, another time. But us poor Pakistanis take what we can get and hopefully will defend the country or die doing it....

General (Retd.) Chuck Yeager (USAF) , Book: Yeager, the Autobiography
"When we arrived in Pakistan in 1971, the political situation between the Pakistanis and Indians was really tense over Bangladesh, or East Pakistan, as it was known in those days, and Russia was backing India with tremendous amounts of new airplanes and tanks. The U.S. and China were backing the Pakistanis. My job was military advisor to the Pakistani air force, headed by Air Marshal Rahim Khan, who had been trained in Britain by the Royal Air Force, and was the first Pakistani pilot to exceed the speed of sound. He took me around to their different fighter groups and I met their pilots, who knew me and were really pleased that I was there. They had about five hundred airplanes, more than half of them Sabres and 104 Starfighters, a few B-57 bombers, and about a hundred Chinese MiG-19s. They were really good, aggressive dogfighters and proficient in gunnery and air combat tactics. I was damned impressed. Those guys just lived and breathed flying.

The Pakistanis whipped their [Indians'] ***** in the sky, but it was the other way around in the ground war. The air war lasted two weeks and the Pakistanis scored a three-to-one kill ratio, knocking out 102 Russian-made Indian jets and losing thirty-four airplanes of their own. I'm certain about the figures because I went out several times a day in a chopper and counted the wrecks below. I counted wrecks on Pakistani soil, documented them by serial number, identified the components such as engines, rocket pods, and new equipment on newer planes like the Soviet SU-7 fighter-bomber and the MiG-21 J, their latest supersonic fighter. The Pakistani army would cart off these items for me, and when the war ended, it took two big American Air Force cargo lifters to carry all those parts back to the States for analysis by our intelligence division.

I didn't get involved in the actual combat because that would've been too touchy, but I did fly around and pick up shot-down Indian pilots and take them back to prisoner-of-war camps for questioning. I interviewed them about the equipment they had been flying and the tactics their Soviet advisers taught them to use. I wore a uniform or flying suit all the time, and it was amusing when those Indians saw my name tag and asked, "Are you the Yeager who broke the sound barrier?" They couldn't believe I was in Pakistan or understand what I was doing there. I told them, "I'm the American Defense Rep here. That's what I'm doing." The PAF remains the only foreign air force in the world to have received Chuck Yeager's admiration

The article posted by Rehan Niazi does not have much credibility.It was written by an American officer and the Americans supplied Pakistan with all sorts of weaponry.Obviously they wanted to prove to the world that their weapons are better than the soviet weapons which India had at that time. It is really difficult to know which side actually shot down more planes.But no one can deny the fact that India dominated the airspace towards the end of the war.

Back
Top Bottom