What's new

Pakistan Air Force - International Media Quotes

in a few upcoming years paf will be one of the worlds modren air force having so much fighter planes.

We are one of the best airforces in the world ! & inshallah with modernizing our airforce with new aircraft and we shall stick to our rank SECOND TO NONE good things come for those who wait ! its coming my friends get reay for the PAF era oh & for the haterz its your worse nightmare lol!

"When we arrived in Pakistan in 1971, the political situation between the Pakistanis and Indians was really tense over Bangladesh, or East Pakistan, as it was known in those days, and Russia was backing India with tremendous amounts of new airplanes and tanks. The U.S. and China were backing the Pakistanis. My job was military advisor to the Pakistani air force, headed by Air Marshal Rahim Khan, who had been trained in Britain by the Royal Air Force, and was the first Pakistani pilot to exceed the speed of sound. He took me around to their different fighter groups and I met their pilots, who knew me and were really pleased that I was there. They had about five hundred airplanes, more than half of them Sabres and 104 Starfighters, a few B-57 bombers, and about a hundred Chinese MiG-19s. They were really good, aggressive dogfighters and proficient in gunnery and air combat tactics. I was damned impressed. Those guys just lived and breathed flying.

The Pakistanis whipped their [Indians'] ***** in the sky, but it was the other way around in the ground war. The air war lasted two weeks and the Pakistanis scored a three-to-one kill ratio, knocking out 102 Russian-made Indian jets and losing thirty-four airplanes of their own. I'm certain about the figures because I went out several times a day in a chopper and counted the wrecks below. I counted wrecks on Pakistani soil, documented them by serial number, identified the components such as engines, rocket pods, and new equipment on newer planes like the Soviet SU-7 fighter-bomber and the MiG-21 J, their latest supersonic fighter. The Pakistani army would cart off these items for me, and when the war ended, it took two big American Air Force cargo lifters to carry all those parts back to the States for analysis by our intelligence division.

I didn't get involved in the actual combat because that would've been too touchy, but I did fly around and pick up shot-down Indian pilots and take them back to prisoner-of-war camps for questioning. I interviewed them about the equipment they had been flying and the tactics their Soviet advisers taught them to use. I wore a uniform or flying suit all the time, and it was amusing when those Indians saw my name tag and asked, "Are you the Yeager who broke the sound barrier?" They couldn't believe I was in Pakistan or understand what I was doing there. I told them, "I'm the American Defense Rep here. That's what I'm doing." The PAF remains the only foreign air force in the world to have received Chuck Yeager's admiration - a recommendation which the PAF is proud of. (Source: PIADS)

(General (Retd.) Chuck Yeager (USAF) , Book: Yeager, the Autobiography).

i was widely grinning when i read the first sentence of the second paragraph!
this statement comming from an american and another statement in which paf is compared to brittish airforce is a great testimonial to paf

Patrick Seale,
The Observer, London,
September 12, 1965.
"By all accounts the courage displayed by the Pakistan Air Force
pilots is reminiscent of the bravery of the few young and dedicated
pilots who saved this country from Nazi invaders in the critical
Battle of Britain during the last war."
:pakistan:

Hi,

This Air marshall Rahim should have been charged with high treason during the period of war---dereliction of duty---not standing upto the enemy and taking proper actions to protect and defend the nation of pakistan from attacks by the indians---not taking any actions on visual sighting of enemy vessels---thsi man should have been found guilty and exceuted by the firing squad---alongwith some of his immediate staff who didnot stand upto him and relieve him of duty during the indian missile boat issue.

The hall of shame that the PAF went into at that time---history will show that they will have to live with that spot of shame for the rest of their lives.

I hope the action of these officers is brought on by the tv media and public needs to be made aware of it---.

We are one of the best airforces in the world ! & inshallah with modernizing our airforce with new aircraft and we shall stick to our rank SECOND TO NONE good things come for those who wait ! its coming my friends get reay for the PAF era oh & for the haterz its your worse nightmare lol!

We should be having more intelligent discussions than that..everybody loves thier home country & nothing new is achieved by such posts..I can replace PAF by IAF & post the same thing which will be true at least for me....We should be talking in terms of facts and numbers. I do see many of that in this thread & thats really great...
But posts like above do not add any value to the discussion

We should be having more intelligent discussions than that..everybody loves thier home country & nothing new is achieved by such posts..I can replace PAF by IAF & post the same thing which will be true at least for me....We should be talking in terms of facts and numbers. I do see many of that in this thread & thats really great...
But posts like above do not add any value to the discussion

I believe if you read all the posts in this thread you should be able to judge overall that discussion has been intelligent enough only for misguided indians ( which is a majority amongst educated indians ! ) not to take FACTS AND DIGEST THEM !. you did'nt reply or make a single comment on the quotes posted regards PAF, the quotes were all made by western military experts. Technology is a concern today and PAF is now in process of indigenous programmes and procurements with regards state of the art fighter aircrafts, AESA & TPS-77 Radars, refueling tanker aircrafts, AWACS ( Chinese Y-89 and AEW&C (SAAB-2000 Erieye ), Anti radiation missiles, BVR weapons, SPADA systems E.t.c. With regards to Fighter Aircrafts we have successfully produced JF-17 Thunder as result of joint venture programme with chinese aeronautical engineers (Which indian media does'nt even mention as joint venture so much for independent reporting ). Now the JF-17 Thunders are being manufactured in pakistan since january 2008 and will be fast tracking to produce atleast 25-50 a year. There will also be a second batch of JF-17 Thunders which will have superior avionics, will have radar and better weapons alongwith increased hardpoints. JF-Thunder first batch is already a better product compared to indian light combat aircraft. Oh by the way the indian LCA is considered a failed product just like many indian ballistic missiles and indian Arjun tank !. PAF will be procuring J-10s also known as FC-20s towards the end of this year and we are also going to be inducting F16 C/D Block 52 early part of 2009 and later thoughout the year.

Peaceindian and all other indians who are on a mission on pakistani web sites and those who visit youtube to leave or engage in SO CALLED intelligent conversations using very abusive language, bad mouthing pakistan, giving biased views on pakistani military videos or any non-military videos should now better than to tell pakistanis. Look at your own self before giving your ultra intelligent remarks and trying to push down your FAKE superiority upon pakistanis. Every single indian post i have ever come across 999 out of say 1000 be it here or at any other pakistani forum web site or at youtube whilst looking at comments on pakistani military videos STINK OF BIAS, HATRED, propaganda to spread lies and beyond doubt display the jealousy of indians.

Can you tell me MR PeaceIndian what type of debates to your fellow comrades start off when they leave remarkably intelligent remarks on youtube having watched pakistani videos be it military, political, social , entertainment ??? e.t.c. The impression i and vast majority of pakistanis get is NOT that we start fights it's you losers who carry inferiority complex, jealousy and insecurity who inflame with hateful and biased comments directed at pakistan.

Indian Air Force, Indian Army and indian Navy despite it's numerical superiority and technological advantage will always be at the receiving end when it comes to picking a fight with pakistan. We are in process in catching up on the technological side whereas the numbers has never been our concern we know we can't put the numbers but quality is where we have always and always will continue to haunt indian air force, indian army and indian navy.

That's right shove your so called superiority down your throat till you suffocate and DIE !

:pakistan:

well to all my indian forums i have to say one thing...u might have advanced higtech technological weapons like ur sukois and brahmos(which failed the test) u might buy ur MRCAs with TOT....BUT....

In Times reporter Louis Karrar wrote: "Who can defeat a nation which
knows how to play hide and seek with death".

PAKISTAN ZINDABAD...!

well to all my indian forums i have to say one thing...u might have advanced higtech technological weapons like ur sukois and brahmos(which failed the test) u might buy ur MRCAs with TOT....BUT....

In Times reporter Louis Karrar wrote: "Who can defeat a nation which
knows how to play hide and seek with death".

PAKISTAN ZINDABAD...!

Well Confidence is always good..!!! I hope Indians are not licking their lolipop all this while..!!!

well they are somewhat licking there lollipops and that is the only reason u guys didn't carry out ur "surgical strikes" because if u were not worried about our reaction u guys would have attacked...we r not GAZA that u can carry out air raids and we won't retaliate....besides everyone knows what the AMERICANS thought about the indian pilots at RED FLAG.....

I can replace PAF by IAF & post the same thing which will be true at least for me.

yeah its only true for you:smitten:...................... neither for others nor for the rest of the world. but above written about PAF is True for the whole world . And it is the facts and numbers revealed about PAF by the Western media:pakistan:. SO accept it with grieve heart:hitwall:.

im uk /pakistani and i feel " PROUD" of this this thread
But i want to through this at u guys "who.....who benefits form ( pakistan and india ) being at logger head....?
think about it guys we both have massive poverty in both country's shouldent we be looking after those instead of blowing **** loads of $ on military hard wear

Back
Top Bottom