What's new

Pakistan Air force Ilyushin Il-78MP aircraft in Sri Lanka

Lankan Ranger

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Pakistan Air force Ilyushin Il-78MP aircraft in Sri Lanka

1-37.jpg

Is JF-17 jets capable for aerial refueling?

Also this confirms deliveries of Surface-to-air missiles earlier reported by moscow defence brief.

Sri Lanka Air force soldiers guarding PAF the Ilyushin Il-78MP aircraft.

the plane looks huge...when i stood next to it at multan aviation base...it didnt look this big!!!

What was its purpose being in Sri lanka?

What was its purpose being in Sri lanka?

lol same question in my mind :P

I have seen this aircraft i think more than 50 times or maybe more :P .. saw that last week Wednesday (landing @ Islamabad Airport) in the moring around 9 AM :)

It can not be alone, must have company of few fighters. strategic mission along Indian costline. Plus check Indian exercise along Pak border in desert area.

lol same question in my mind :P

I have seen this aircraft i think more than 50 times or maybe more :P .. saw that last week Wednesday (landing @ Islamabad Airport) in the moring around 9 AM :)

The image was taken on 27 mar 11. find source here
But still the question remains, what was it doing there rescue/training...... what else?

The image was taken on 27 mar 11. find source here
But still the question remains, what was it doing there rescue/training...... what else?

Could be used as a transport a/c as well. PAF used the loaned Ukrainian Il-76MP for carrying transport in the past, i believe this IL-78 was on a similar mission too.

why wasting fuel this IL 78 instead of being in pakistan it goes some times in germany france uk now srilanka why waste lot of fuel when our common people dont have fuel in his own country why military not answerable for this stupid usage of fuel like gold

SL has ordered arms from POF - the IL-78 being a MRTT is just making deliveries - why use civilian cargo when one has the capacity/capability - additionally, its good training for the PAF crews!

Howcome the plane has no AP- registration? Or PAF has different registration for it's planes?

Howcome the plane has no AP- registration? Or PAF has different registration for it's planes?

AP is for civil and military but related to civil planes numbers dear PAF use its own code names and every type of planes has different names and numbers .

Isn't il-78 the aerial refuel tanker version of il-76?

ab MK yaad nhi rehta ? when its come su-30 you guys never ever forget add MKI? its same here i hope you got it .:rofl:

its Il-78MP Midas nothing to do with il-76 only design in based on IL-76 as SU-30MKI based on SU-27 :lol:

Back
Top Bottom