What's new

Pakistan’s First Metro Bus Test Drive in Lahore

Looks pretty good... At least they have developed separate lanes free from encroachment. In future same can be used for Metro rail also..

But If I am not wrong few months back, there was a thread on the same project and everybody from Pakistan was cursing Shahbaz Sharif for making this very costly and huge subsidy will have to be given to run this. Can any Lahori confirm..?

Congrats guys.. Buses seem good.
Some questions
1. What are the service charges of these metro bus system ? Are they economical and affordable to every one ?
2. Is private sector involved at any level ?
3. How they ll provide security to these bus system ( not trolling, but as there are regular terrorists attacks and these terrorists are targeting civilians, so i am asking this )

Is there any plan to induct rail metro in Pakistan ?

Yes its economical and affordable to Pakistanis like 10 rupees from one station to another. i will comfirm this later.

No, Private company was involved, it was a pure Govt Project with help of turkish govt.

security Guards will be present at every station and buses have security system and whole BRTS track is Fenced.

A Metro rail system, A monorail and Circular Railway of Karachi is being initiated and work will begin from 2013 may or August.

A 32 kilometer dedicated lane for state of the art articulated buses has been constructed which includes an 8 kilometer flyover upon which two rotaries have been constructed. This structure is in itself an engineering marvel as such complex construction has never taken place before in Pakistan. Latest technology has been used on stations and a system of transport similar to that in Europe is being established. CM tested each and every component of the Metro Bus System and was satisfied with the arrangements made. Ecstatic crowds waved and cheered as CM drove past various localities. (admin)

27905_479093798795898_1595234048_n.jpg

282806_479093815462563_937735748_n.jpg

75986_479093805462564_337668713_n.jpg

12615_479093885462556_149410616_n.jpg

397594_479093888795889_2130936231_n.jpg

557309_479093902129221_81089219_n.jpg

185365_479093952129216_1838707844_n.jpg

533633_479093968795881_171657477_n.jpg

Those foreigners are Turkish Engineers.

It puts our BRTS to utter shame because while BRTS system is implemented in Ahmedabad well, the infrastructure of the system is not as good as this one - notably the buses, the roads, the signage system, the platforms.

And lets not compare it to the one in Delhi. That sucks big time.

If we need to develop BRTS system atleast in Delhi, we needed to build additional dedicated roads for it.

Not to ruin anyone's party but have you traveled in one in Ahmedabad?

Ahmedabad_BRTS.jpg

AJL-TransitMap.jpg

openairyinteriorsofkank.jpg

mediansidelocationofbrt.jpg

offboardticketing.jpg

BRTS-Ahmedabad.jpg

GMDCstation1.JPG

GMDCstation2.JPG

Plus list of awards it has won is pretty long.

National Award for “Award for Excellence in the category of Best IMTS Project – 2011” from Government of India

International Award for “Sustainable Transport Award – 2010” at Washington DC, USA.

National Award for “Best Mass Transit Rapid System Project - 2009” from Government of India.

International Award for “Outstanding Innovations in Public Transportation – 2010” from UITP, Germany

National Award for “Best Innovation Project Towards Improvement in Urban Mobility in the City of Ahmedabad through New Technological Innovations in Janmarg BRTS – 2010” from Government of India.

International Award for Design – “Daring Ambition Award and Knowledge and Research Award – 2011” at 59th UITP World Congress, Dubai.

This system has been implemented in many cities but nowhere it has been as successful as Ahmadabad.

I wish Pakistanis good luck though

someone remember the gts buss service?
similar to this.

i dontknow why they said this is first time

we had such btr system as gts buss system 3-4 decades before

Looks good. Atleast the Lahoris can be proud of getting a modern mass transit system :tup:

Does he even have a driving license for the Multiple Axle vehicle :cheesy:

Congrats guys.. Buses seem good.
Some questions
1. What are the service charges of these metro bus system ? Are they economical and affordable to every one ?
2. Is private sector involved at any level ?
3. How they ll provide security to these bus system ( not trolling, but as there are regular terrorists attacks and these terrorists are targeting civilians, so i am asking this )

Is there any plan to induct rail metro in Pakistan ?

1. Yes, affordable to everyone. Pakistan's local transportation is very cheap, even after rise in charges over the years, it's still very economical. The MetroBus will charge, if I'm not wrong, something between 20-30 rupees, that's like 0.20 $.

2. I heard so.

3. Lol, you're actually trolling, right? Jk! Well, Terrorists can, and they do target public transport sometimes, but we've had no incident like that, at least I can't remember one. The security is there, I think, there are metal detectors at the entrance. Even if there are none, trust me, I live in Lahore, there's very lil' security threat in the city, especially to a populated public area like the one in photos.

4. yes, there is. The same road can be used as railway tracks for the train.

It puts our BRTS to utter shame because while BRTS system is implemented in Ahmedabad well, the infrastructure of the system is not as good as this one - notably the buses, the roads, the signage system, the platforms.

And lets not compare it to the one in Delhi. That sucks big time.

If we need to develop BRTS system atleast in Delhi, we needed to build additional dedicated roads for it.

Sir, I'd suggest you do some research- India has many BRTS up this standard or superior. I don't know where you are getting your info from. Ahmadabad BRTS has been voted the best mass transport system in Asia.

Please watch the below vid and tell me what Indian BRTS lack wrt Lahore BRTS:

There are many other world-class BRTS in India too.

+Delhi BRTS has dedicated lanes!

I didn't want to bring India into this but your comments needed to be corrected sir.

@Topic, cool system, personally, on a superfical not, I am not a fan of the Lahore BRTS' VOVLO's external looks, I much prefer this design:

Volvo-CNG-pic.jpg

volvos-to-bias-3.jpg

On the inside they are probably identical but it is entirely a superficial point and a personal preference.

Must be a proud day to be Pakistani- very nice system!

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom