What's new

PAK - TURK Relations (Defence)

Although Pakistan may select TF-2000, it will be unable to acquire the SM-2 from the U.S., and thus will likely be inclined towards a variant of HHQ-9 as its long-range SAM. I wonder if Turkey would be interested in further improving the HHQ-9?

I dont think that Turkey is interested to improve HHQ-9, as far I know the chinese rejecte't their Bid for the T-LORAMIDS Requirement. It might be possible that the Pakistani TF-2000 have some different Equipment than the turkish Ships, a Integration of HHQ-9 for Pakistani TF-2000 is likekly possible. A Problem could be the Intgration in a Combat Managment System on NATO-Standart.

Guys, any update on the pak-china-turkey MoU on space technology?

I understand that china will be launching out satellite but does turkey has this facility and any chances of collaboration of having our own vehicles?

MoU is already signed, no? Other than that, no idea!!

as far as SUPARCO is concerned:

Pakistan has a leased satellite, PAKSAT-1, in the 38 degree East longitude geostationary orbit. The government of Pakistan has granted approval for the replacement of PAKSAT-1 by a new communication satellite PAKSAT 1R by 2011. SUPARCO has also developed a prototype of a communication satellite named Prototype PAKSAT-1R and is now developing an Engineering Qualification Model (EQM).

http://www.suparco.gov.pk/pages/comm-satellite.asp?commlinksid=2

not very helpful from my side, but hopefully others would be more informed and able to answer the question

Last edited:
Production of cluster bombs with 300 to 400 bomblets each for different missions

Production of precision-guided munitions

Detection systems for use against improvised explosive devices

Precision-guided bomblets for conventional munitions

Do someone if Pakistan have shown interest Demet Cluster Bombs or HGSS INS/GPS guidet Bomb Kit to equip it's F-16 and JF-17 with these Weapons ?

nothing big happened between the 2 countries yet samll projects here and there nothing big drones yes but when i say big i ask for detroyers deal multi million dollar deal till now we buy from them small vehicled for army and upgarde some of our systems but not yet some thing we say big yet corvete deal is still not clear

Future Projections of Turkish Defense Industry : Regional Interest

Murad BAYAR

January, 2010

The continuation of stable development of Turkish defense industry, which has been rapidly improving since 2002, is dependent on improving export and having the capability of design; thus, to this end, we aim lowering the dependency on critical sub-system, component and technology and increasing the number of indigenous products with the improvement of design capability. These domestically designed products is planned to contribute to sustainable growth of defense industry with the support of firms that produced them and the realization of modernization. When, national defense industry reach the level of developing product based strategies, studies will be done in becoming world leader with the support of products that are developed by supplier industry or main contractor and have the potential for being world leader. Products that are developed by national industry has a serious success in export, thus we can observe this fact by looking at the year by year increasing export volume. We believe that the deterrence of Armed Forces would increase with the equipment of products that are nationally developed.

Future Projections of Turkish Defense Industry : Regional Interest | www.eurasiacritic.com

Guys, any update on the pak-china-turkey MoU on space technology?

I understand that china will be launching out satellite but does turkey has this facility and any chances of collaboration of having our own vehicles?

Turkey unfortunately doesn't have launch facilities yet, there are plans to establish one but that won't be before 2015

Radars and UAV would be cool from Turkey they are just adavance stage in electronics

MPT M-1 7.62mm with M1913 Picatinny rail and G36 mechanism...
84dbfdf271e113360b2210c934daa3ac.jpg

First Field Trials have been passed sucessfully. After that phase, 50+200 more Mehmetcik-1 Prototipes will be produced for Turkish army...

MPT M-1 7.62mm with M1913 Picatinny rail and G36 mechanism...
84dbfdf271e113360b2210c934daa3ac.jpg

First Field Trials have been passed sucessfully. After that phase, 50+200 more Mehmetcik-1 Prototipes will be produced for Turkish army...

Well good to be hearing that. It was bound to happen.

But is the turkish army gonna induct the 5.56 version as its assault rifle or the 7.62 version ??

Just as an assault version, i know 7.62 will be used in other roles, but as an assault rifle which version would it be.

As for the previous pictures which were showcased, the version seemed to be 5.56 as an assault rifle.

Back
Top Bottom