What's new

Pak investment in Afghanistan hits $500 million

No offence but does pakistan has enough surplus to invest in Afghanistan?
I thought they were taking large amount of Aid from US to keep their economy alive.

I thought they were taking large amount of Aid from US to keep their economy alive.

Well why don't you yourself find it out by doing some little research.

Well why don't you yourself find it out by doing some little research.

it seems people suffer from certain complexes that prevent them from even opening a book, let alone doing 'research' or even go as far as to just browse this topic for actual info.

let's remain on topic and do our best to stick to facts from hereon forth and please refrain from the standard indian rhetoric

I'd say alot of that aid from USA goes to the 6 million refugees from Afghanistan and Waziristan area probably some aspects of infastructure as well.

And whatever amount is remaining gets victimized into the face of corruption.

I actually would be interested to know more from you.

So how does roughly 1 Billion per year of aid runs Pakistan ?? So is Pakistan so small that it runs on just 1B per year aid ??

In this aid also, good portion goes to the salaries of the american nationals, their TADAs, operational expenses and other stuff. Whatever left, goes into some work.

Heck just last year the State Bank of Pakistan earned net profit of more then 3B US$s. So if one Pakistani organization can earn such large amount of money in just one year, then what is 1B aid for us. Its our politicians who have given us the bad name, as they are busy in spending their own luxurious lives and fully indulged in corruption.

And this aid doesn't goes to any national projects, rather mostly being spent in the militant stricken areas for development and other stuff.

So how does roughly 1 Billion per year of aid runs Pakistan ?? So is Pakistan so small that it runs on just 1B per year aid ??

In this aid also, good portion goes to the salaries of the american nationals, their TADAs, operational expenses and other stuff. Whatever left, goes into some work.

Heck just last year the State Bank of Pakistan earned net profit of more then 3B US$s. So if one Pakistani organization can earn such large amount of money in just one year, then what is 1B aid for us. Its our politicians who have given us the bad name, as they are busy in spending their own luxurious lives and fully indulged in corruption.

And this aid doesn't goes to any national projects, rather mostly being spent in the militant stricken areas for development and other stuff.

Agreed, but do you have correct statistics to back your claim. From a neutral source ofcourse.

Statistics for the bold words as above.

i'm sure i would

:-)disagree::rolleyes:)

by the way, if $1-$1.5billion in aid is enough to bank-roll Pakistan, then it means Zardari could single handedly bankroll Pakistan on his own initiative.

but he isn't.

and the 'aid' money doesn't go towards Pakistani interests. It mostly goes into a few beneficiaries' pockets; some of it used for reconstruction in war-struck areas; some of it goes towards re-equipping, security-related equipment etc. Some of the aid is really just soft-loans which we will pay back.

unlike indians -- we don't call ourselves a rich country and most developed country....unlike indians we don't paint a happy and trouble-free (artificial) picture of our country. We know there are major issues; most of it stems directly from the lack of leadership.
;)

p.s. india still remains the largest borrower of aid money from the World Bank ;) , just F.Y.I.

And it's much more money than we are taking as 'aid'

Last edited:
as usual indians are crying here too :lol:
these people seriously need to get a life
always want to poke their nose

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom