What's new

PAF hobby models thread.

you should have not used a marker for outlines. if you do pursuit your scale model hobby, always uses a decent airbrush.
but nice try for your first model?

Interesting comment. That model was built in 1987 ( the year you were born) when I was in college and could not afford an airbrush ($400+ back then).

I fail to see how you would paint instrument gauges and other detail without having to resort to some handpainting. No, I'm not a novice in this. Please post some of your models showing cockpit detail - say on your F-16..:D

Interesting comment. That model was built in 1987 ( the year you were born) when I was in college and could not afford an airbrush ($400+ back then).

I fail to see how you would paint instrument gauges and other detail without having to resort to some handpainting. No, I'm not a novice in this. Please post some of your models showing cockpit detail - say on your F-16..:D

you bet... but i can assure you that mine will be without marker lines..:enjoy:

you bet... but i can assure you that mine will be without marker lines..:enjoy:

Good for you! there is more to scale modelling than "marker lines". btw, built any flying models yet??:D

Good for you! there is more to scale modelling than "marker lines". btw, built any flying models yet??:D

i have couple of RC models.. Cessna 172 came as ready-to-fly and L-19 Bird Dog had to be assembled, but it crashed so now i am going to try to integrate servo motor and receiver in home built Mushsak.. but I want the color scheme lil different then dark green, black and red.. maybe gray cammo might look nice? what about you..

I am currently working on a bf-109 ( German WWII) scratchbuild. This means I have plans, recommendations on wood, and a plastic canopy. I have to trace my parts out (and sand and dope it), cover with silkspan, dope and paint it, and add the pee-wee motor, balance it - and hopefully it won't crash on it's maiden flight. It's a challenge, and I think after this, I'm going back to plastic kits again. I have a 1:32 scale B-36 Peacemaker patiently waiting for me to quit fooling around.... heh!

Attachments

• bf109_small_fus.JPG
    bf109_small_fus.JPG
    76.8 KB · Views: 45
My workbench in the garage. You can see more of the plane's parts - tail, wings etc..

Attachments

• workbench.jpg
    workbench.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 73
My workbench in the garage. You can see more of the plane's parts - tail, wings etc..

BF-109! nice work man... it doesnt have to be RC but i realy liked how you used the blue prints.
i made one BF-109 model out of clay, the out come was just like a real 1:72 scale plastic model, but unfortunately i left it out in the car under sun heat! i lost the dam thing.
tell me one thing though.. are you american or pakistani? just askin:azn:

I was born in India and the early years of my life I spent in Kashmir. My dad was in the Army then. It was the best years of my life. I learnt to fish, shoot, ride a horse etc. in what I think is the most beautiful piece of turf on this planet.
After my dad retired from the Army in 1964, he joined the ITU ( Internation Telecommunication Union) based in Geneva.He was posted in different countries, so I ended up visiting several countries. I was sometimes stuffed in boarding schools in India ( La Martinere, Calcutta and Bishop Cottons, Bangalore). I moved here after finishing my O Level.

I have lived in Texas since then, got married to a girl from Hot Springs, and have a daughter.

I was not born here - but got here as quickly as I could!!:enjoy:

I guess I think I am a brown American!!!:usflag:

Sorry to have bored you, but hey, you asked! How about you?

I was born in India and the early years of my life I spent in Kashmir. My dad was in the Army then. It was the best years of my life. I learnt to fish, shoot, ride a horse etc. in what I think is the most beautiful piece of turf on this planet.
After my dad retired from the Army in 1964, he joined the ITU ( Internation Telecommunication Union) based in Geneva.He was posted in different countries, so I ended up visiting several countries. I was sometimes stuffed in boarding schools in India ( La Martinere, Calcutta and Bishop Cottons, Bangalore). I moved here after finishing my O Level.

I have lived in Texas since then, got married to a girl from Hot Springs, and have a daughter.

I was not born here - but got here as quickly as I could!!:enjoy:

I guess I think I am a brown American!!!:usflag:

Sorry to have bored you, but hey, you asked! How about you?

nice to know your good family background....
i just had texas chicken steaks in lahore and it wass good.. i want to come to texas for steaks!:smitten:
tell me do you have any RC planes??

nice to know your good family background....
i just had texas chicken steaks in lahore and it wass good.. i want to come to texas for steaks!:smitten:
tell me do you have any RC planes??

Chicken fried steaks in Lahore? wow! mashed potatoes and gravy? fried okra?
Texas is the place for steaks for sure. Them yankees up North don't know squat about that. Nor do they know what a brisket is!!!!

Perhaps some day I can fix you a real Texas brisket - 20 lbs of serious cow!!:enjoy:

cool Sabre detail.. no fair - you used marker on the service panel below the "rescue" sign - or looks like you did anyway..heh! that's ok..:P

cool Sabre detail.. no fair - you used marker on the service panel below the "rescue" sign - or looks like you did anyway..heh! that's ok..:P

thats called, weathering effects.. and by the way its not my work:D

Back
Top Bottom