What's new

PAF F-16A model

Eye catching part is painting. The Pakistani aircraft have a unique camouflage with a central band of gunship grey (36118) and small patches of the tailplanes, over medium grey (36270)

I start painting with enamels. First, started with lightest shade of base color, and than continue painting with darker shades of the same color. After drying, I have sanded the surface with ultra fine sandpaper (over 2000 grid), as you sand more, you reach different shade layers . After sanding, airbrushing panels with acrylic paints again. This time only for shading, around or in the middle of panels with various shades... After a gloss coat, I applied decals, and than heavy coat of matt coat, To emphasis panel
lines, I have used dry pastels with common wash style. Finally thin layer of flat coat for protecting dry pastels...

Stencilling, serials, and tail flag is a custom made, and silk screen printed decals. Roundels and walkways on wings are paint job. For desired color finish it was much more better to work with paint. It is rather easy to make insignias (wing roundels) with airbrush, all you need is a couple of precisely prepared masks. First sprayed the larger circle, and placed the mask in to the middle of it and painted inner circle. Walkways were done by using 3M tape.

01.jpg

03.jpg

---------- Post added at 12:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:08 AM ----------

04.jpg

05.jpg

02.jpg

1/48 Hasegawa PAF F-16A

by Sohaib Talal

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

This is a Hasegawa 1/48 F-16A finished in Pakistan Air Force markings. I have used Zotz decals Vivacious Vipers 48006 for these markings. The model was painted using Gunze Sangyo H305 to H308.

The bombs are from Hasegawa weapons set.

i think paf blk52+ will be very close to this kit-- only have to swap the decals..
KIN72002.jpg
f16d10801paki11102009a.jpg

Back
Top Bottom