What's new

PAF Crotale Surface-to-air Missile system and Radar

Beskar

PDF THINK TANK: CONSULTANT
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
I don't think we ever had a picture of our Crotale system on our website before! So here you go!

Crotale surface-to-air missile system on display at Chaklala Air Base during Defence Day display - 6 Sep 2008.

Iran "Reverse Engineering" Crotale, They have changed the name to "Shahab Saqeb", Is the Crotale capable againt modern aircrafts threat?

Iran "Reverse Engineering" Crotale, They have changed the name to "Shahab Saqeb", Is the Crotale capable againt modern aircrafts threat?

That's awesome! I didn't know they were reverse engineering the Crotale. Do you have any article on the capabilities of the self-produced Shahab Saqeb?

That's awesome! I didn't know they were reverse engineering the Crotale. Do you have any article on the capabilities of the self-produced Shahab Saqeb?

Of course there is brother! Chinese HQ-7 is an example! Shahab Saqeb is almost like the Chinese version, I have no information about specification of Iranian version!

* Missile dimensions: (length) 3.00 m; (diameter) 0.156 m; (wingspan) 0.55 m
* Launch weight: 84.5 kg
* Operating altitude: 30~5,000 m
* Minimum operating range: 500 m
* Max operating range: 8,600 m (400 m/s target); 10,000 m (300 m/s target); 12,000m (slow flying targets)
* Speed: Mach 2.3 (750 m/s)
* Guidance: Command + electro-optical tracking
* Warhead: HE-FRAG with proximity fuse
* Single shot hit probability: 70~80%
* Radar detecting range: 18.4 km
* Radar homing range: 17 km

Back
Top Bottom