What's new

PAF and Next Generation Fighter Program Confirmed

PAF recently sent a group of represenatives to CAC. They looked at a few designs for their 4th gen, and in general they were pretty satisfied."

Chengdu has an export pre-4th gen (5th gen in US/Russian standard)designated as J-2X.Pakistan and third world countries have demands for it. Of course, 611 can expect to get some order from Chinese air force also. It is about the size of F-35, and the design has already been presented to Pakistan."

J-2X+Fighter+Jet.jpg
J-2X+Fighter+Jet_1.jpg

PAF and Next Generation Stealth Fighter Program J-2X Confirmed ~ ASIAN DEFENCE NEWS

^^

these pics are not j2x

j2x is certainly a twin-vertical tails fighter.

if j2x is a single engined fighter,then j2x's engine will be WS15 turbofan(160~180KN, thrust weight ratio>10).
emergency engine option :
russian al31m2 (150KN) or WS10 (150KN) version

There is so much coming out of china lately. so many new defence products, sometimes its hard to follow them.

Anyways, its a great news for Pakistan, Chinese collaboration in making leading aircrafts is phenomenal. How soon can we see some conceptual designs based on concrete information about J-2X ? Any concrete data besides speculations?

PAF recently sent a group of represenatives to CAC. They looked at a few designs for their 4th gen, and in general they were pretty satisfied."

Chengdu has an export pre-4th gen (5th gen in US/Russian standard)designated as J-2X.Pakistan and third world countries have demands for it. Of course, 611 can expect to get some order from Chinese air force also. It is about the size of F-35, and the design has already been presented to Pakistan."

J-2X+Fighter+Jet.jpg
J-2X+Fighter+Jet_1.jpg

PAF and Next Generation Stealth Fighter Program J-2X Confirmed ~ ASIAN DEFENCE NEWS

this pic seems to me next generation of JFT and not j-2x

pre fourth generation what it realy means:what::what:
A chinese fighter has to qualify these standards to be considered a 4th generation aircraft (5th generation by westren standards )

-Supercruise
-Stealth
- Supermanoevurability
-Sensor Fusion

So a true 4th generation fighter (again 5th generation by westren standards) will qualify in all the above and those that dont fully will be considered pre 4th generation
eg F-35 is considered a pre 4th generation fighter cuz it cant supercruise and is not that maneuverable compared to other 4th generation fighers

i would say delay J10 induction then for year or two, see if we can get this proposed design ready before 2020, then go for it and skip J10.

Not a good idea imo.... we need to have heavy payload jets.. and Pak don't have any in this category.. even the J2X won't be that good in this category... (A stealth fighter can accomodate less weapons..)

I doubt Pakistan will operate J-20, from a practical perspective. The plane is very costly, and even China does not plan to procure more than 300. In addition, it is designed with a very limited focus in mind, and that is air superiority.

No, it will either be powered by a single WS-15 or twin WS-13. However, we don't know the design details yet. All we know so far is that the project had officially started.

Now that is what makes me happy.... :yahoo:

I haven't come across any valid or legitimate sources from media reports nor directly from Pakistani Ministry of Defence, Federal Government, nor the Pakistan Military expressed this statement.

The link to the Youtube video you provided at 1:58 mentions, " Chengdu has an export pre-4th gen (5th gen in US/Russian standard) designated as J-2x. Pakistan and third world countries have demand for it."

This is hardly a source, and quite a laughable one at that. The video is more like someones opinion or analysis rather then any formal expression of Pakistan for J-2x. Hence, the title "PAF is considering..." is misleading.

Unless of course you can provide better sources, something credible.

some high chinnese official checking out a new concept aircraft!!

136176891.jpg

NOTE- my friend *thinks* its a model of JH-7B

Back
Top Bottom