Overseas Chinese: (The third-largest economy in the World)

Discussion in 'World Affairs' started by lamlap, Jan 1, 2012.

Share This Page

1. LaBong

LaBong ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1 / 7,541 / -0
    India
    Wow true blue blood! :lol:

So you still counting bank notes?
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. Vinod2070

Vinod2070 ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +11 / 7,507 / -14
    India
    Don't bother. You have shown yourself incapable of such things.

And as expected, you are factually wrong that I or anyone else made such claims.

You are hallucinating and high on some stuff.

Seriously, stop advertizing yourself. You think anyone believes you or gives a shyt about your claims?
  3. Aramsogo

Aramsogo FULL MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0 / 1,298 / -2
    Why do I need to advertise to Indians in India?? With 11% functional literacy, I doubt you even have full comprehension of what I say. LOL.

Tell us again about the thousands of Indian CEOs in America that exist only in your pathetic mental masturbation.

4. Vinod2070

Vinod2070 ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +11 / 7,507 / -14
    India
    A hate filled, petty, failed person is the last one I would care about.

We understand you lot.

And we are not impressed.

I see you as one of the more incompetent people on this green Earth. But the Earth has to carry the burden....
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Aramsogo

Aramsogo FULL MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0 / 1,298 / -2
    Where is the hate?? This is a thread about the ethnic Chinese diaspora. Is that you?? It's me. So why are you here? What have you to contribute? We already know about the thousands of imaginary Indian CEOs in your head.
    • Thanks Thanks x 2
  6. haidian

haidian FULL MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0 / 448 / -0
    China
    self deleted
  7. Vinod2070

Vinod2070 ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +11 / 7,507 / -14
    India
    In your heart, in your words and in your life.

And it is an impotent hate.

I know. You can't comprehend freedom of expression.

BTW, I agree that many hardworking and industrious among the Chin diaspora have made it good.

Then there are some lunies that shout about "ivy league" on anonymous forums.

Yes, of course. Your petty little mind is incapable of looking at the reality.
    • Thanks Thanks x 2
  8. cloud_9

cloud_9 SENIOR MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1 / 3,911 / -3
    India
    :p:P:p:P:p:P:P
    • Thanks Thanks x 2
  9. Aramsogo

Aramsogo FULL MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0 / 1,298 / -2
    Did I shout? Hardly. It's in Context.

Wealthy Indonesians send their children to private schools in the US starting in high school.
    In the US, I have met them in college as most return to run their family business after a short career with an investment bank.

They consider themselves Chinese and all have a Chinese name. What info did you contribute? Troll.

And look up the percentage ethnic Chinese at the Ivy League schools. You would be surprised.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. Vinod2070

Vinod2070 ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +11 / 7,507 / -14
    India
    No one is interested in your boasts about yourself. And frankly I doubt anyone believes a word of it.

Yes, this is open source info. There are so many Chinese in so many East Asian countries who are doing well.

This is not exactly a state secret, is it?

May be in your world, it is.

Unlike you, I don't think of any race as inferior or incapable of achievments.

I know Chinese are doing very well in education in the states. I have personally seen it. I have been educated in India but visited some of the top ivy league colleges with my American friends. I saw people of so many countries and Chinese had their fair share.

In fact Indians and Chinese account for a disproportionate share in the ivy league colleges compared to their population share.
  11. Vinod2070

Vinod2070 ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +11 / 7,507 / -14
    India
    Some Asians' college strategy: Don't check box

Now, I obviously don't agree with discriminating against Asians or any race. But you can see the point of their top colleges wanting a fair share of Americans in the colleges as well.

A difficult decision both ways.
  12. Aramsogo

Aramsogo FULL MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0 / 1,298 / -2
    [​IMG]

When have I ever claimed to have a PhD? Indians on a Chinese diaspora thread calling a member of the Chinese diaspora a troll. Yeah right.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  13. true_indian

true_indian BANNED

Ratings:
    +0 / 628 / -0
    What lesson did you learn from that experience? I hope it is something to do with being humble rather than name dropping to prove your elitism (or dumbness). You never know who you meet. Anyways, May be I should have dropped my own H-bomb to put you in your place at the get go. But see I learned that getting an elite education is a privilege and not some tool to brag around.
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  14. Anonymous user

Anonymous user FULL MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0 / 580 / -0
    I’m going to ignore all the trolling and put down my piece for the sensible members. I’m not sure where the IQ conversation came up because my Grandfather made it good in Singapore he certainly was not come high IQ person with PHDS, it was just hard work and dedication that got the family to where we are.

The success of the Overseas Chinese is mainly due to the cohesion of the Chinese society in general and plus majority worked hard to bring their families over, Many of the overseas Chinese came to Singapore as coolies and slowly they established themselves in various areas of business.
    Most of the migrants in SEA came from the Fujian province which was somewhat neglected during the Cultural Revolution and the people there suffered more than their fair share of hardship, this was also due to their closeness with Taiwan at the time and the people in the area being more prosperous then most.

Coming from the same province also helped a lot with the economic prosperity of the Chinese, firstly they establish the Chinatown which majority of the overseas Chinese will congregate, at the times this was also good for news of what was happening in China to be fed back to the Overseas Chinese and enhance communal ties of the Chinese who were in foreign lands. Typically the migrants who had the same surname would form a clan to establish trust between clan members where business can be conducted. Usually there would also be a Chinese Chamber of Commerce established in the various countries which promote business ties among themselves.

The Indonesian Chinese massacre was politically motivated, I would caution any member to refrain from using this as an example of Chinese hatred because they do not know the dynamics of Indonesia. If an Indian community was the target it would very easily shift to them, the local population because of the inefficient government are mired in poverty and are easily influenced and the politicians usually do this to gain their votes. Their current targets are Christians. Below is an example of Indians getting targeted in Batam over a simple misunderstanding.

In this region the migrants are always the target and there was a time were Chinese and Indians banded up against the locals to protect themselves. Chinese are the majority in this region and we do what we can to help ourselves and yes other immigrants including Indians as well, it’s a tough area to survive in if you got no friends.

Riot Sweeps Batam Dry Dock | The Jakarta Globe
    • Thanks Thanks x 5
  15. Aramsogo

Aramsogo FULL MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0 / 1,298 / -2
    I'm betting this is one of those things Indians say to make themselves look better. Like BRIC.
    There aren't as many indians as you think. It's been a while, but I don't remember 1:1 between Indians and Chinese.

I'm looking up stats and most don't break it up by country. Brown does break it down.

Geographic Diversity
    Admitted students hail from all 50 states. The states with the largest numbers of accepted students are: California (393), New York (322), Massachusetts (216), New Jersey (141), and Texas (101). International students were admitted from 79 countries. The nations with the largest number of admitted students were from China (57), India (34), United Kingdom (33), Korea (30), and Canada (28).

Cornell doesn't mention India:

Geographic Diversity
    The admitted students come from all 50 states, Washington D.C., Puerto Rico, and the Virgin Islands. The highest number of students in the U.S. hail from New York, California and New Jersey. International students come from 69 countries with the majority of international students from China, Korea, and Canada.
    • Thanks Thanks x 1