What's new

Out-of-court deal to unlock Nizam of Hyderabad's millions

Kewl, Pakistan should propose this I am sure India would agree it will be one of the best CBM's.

I totally agree with you, but the fact of the matter is we aren't the ones making the decisions. What is going on underneath no one really knows. Lets just hope for the best and hope all of our differences are resolved as soon as possible.

Pakistan is already providing good facilities to the Sikh Pilgrims who used to come here for worship and if they want some extra place for worship and their stay during trip so surely there should be no issue.

Dear Salman,

You have still not answered my question ?

Regards

AN

I totally agree with you, but the fact of the matter is we aren't the ones making the decisions. What is going on underneath no one really knows. Lets just hope for the best and hope all of our differences are resolved as soon as possible.

Dear MJ,

Well said.

Regards

IMO Jinnah House must be given to Pakistan to use it as our Embassy. We need to talk to Dina Wadia on this issue since Quaid-e-Azam is a leader of our Nation hence Jinnah house belongs to Pakistan.
Not necessarily. It was his private property which the state has no right to absorb. The house if anything should go to his descendent's; albeit the legal issues of a non-Indian owning property in India has to be figured out.

Also, an Embassy can only be in New Delhi. The Mumbai house can at best become a consulate.

Not necessarily. It was his private property which the state has no right to absorb. The house if anything should go to his descendent's; albeit the legal issues of a non-Indian owning property in India has to be figured out.
Also, an Embassy can only be in New Delhi. The Mumbai house can at best become a consulate.

You are right this was a private house. But Quaid-I-Azam left this house when he came to Pakistan. During the Partition houses on both sides of the border were abondoned. When this happened both governments passed laws, which enabled them to declare these properties evacuee properties, thus enabaling the government to sieze such properties. This is totally legal. Now as far as the house going to the heirs is concerned, this is a tricky part of this case. As we know Quaid-I-Azam when he came to Pakistan left behind his daughter Dina. On the one hand Dina claims thats its her property, because when her father left the house was rightly hers. Lets see what happens. All three sides have equal claim.

IMO Jinnah House must be given to Pakistan to use it as our Embassy. We need to talk to Dina Wadia on this issue since Quaid-e-Azam is a leader of our Nation hence Jinnah house belongs to Pakistan.

Dina Wadia should be financially compensated if there is a valid claim. For historical reasons, I would think she would be understanding of GoP's desire to have the Jinnah House as a Pakistani consulate.

2) The house is in high Security zone i.e just opposite to CM of Maharashtra's house.

:what:
On point 2, how is the high security zone going to be impacted by a Pakistani consulate? All of the Indian consulates and embassy in Pakistan are in high security enclaves which is typical for foreign missions in any host country. Put appropriate security arrangement around the CM house and you are done.

That's all history, discuss about the present, Anyway Pakistan won't get Jinnah house for consulate.

Pakistan acquires land for consulate in Mumbai

LAHORE: Pakistan has finally acquired land in Mumbai to build its consulate building, Dawn News reported on Monday. According to the channel, the 4,000 square metres plot is near the airport. Referring to a report, the channel said that on the instructions of the central government, the Maharashtra government had identified the land, following which Pakistani officials made the final selection. Pakistan closed down its consulate in the Indian film city in 1992 following a diplomatic standoff between the two countries. Officials from the two countries decided at a meeting three years ago that Pakistan would reopen its consulate in Mumbai, while India would establish its consulate in Karachi. Pakistan’s first preference was for the 1936-built Jinnah House at Mallahwar hill. However, successive Indian governments have rejected this request. daily times monitor

Daily Times - Leading News Resource of Pakistan

Back
Top Bottom