What's new

Our Hero Is Raja Dahir Not Muhammad Bin Qasim, Haji Adeel- ANP

Status
Not open for further replies.
The way Pakistanis on this forum embrace everything that is Arab in the name of Islam and even at the cost of their own heroes/personalities never ceases to amaze me. It seems like they are pretty eager to neglect their own and accept everything that was brought by the Arabs, the carriers of the Islamic faith to the subcontinent. Perhaps thats the way history was taught to the average Pakistani.

First of all, Islam is more important to us, Muslim first, then Pakistani!

Secondly, the four Orthodox Caliphs were the Sahaba of the Prophet (pbuh) so we must respect them.

As for us Pakistanis accepting "everything Arab" is a complete joke, though i do agree that there are some Pakistanis that will do anything to make the Arabs happy due to their ignorant thinking that Arabs are a holy and noble race.

I love Islam, but that doesn't mean i want to be Arab! When i look at the state these Arabs have brought themselves into i would never want to be an Arab!

In fact i want my countrymen to get this sort of thinking out of their head that Arabs are our brothers, they back stabbed and the entire Muslim Ummah by betraying the Ottoman Caliphate. Arabs make fun of us, they call us Abeed (meaning slave in Arabic), and they treat us like we're a pile of ****.

The only reason why there is so much religious extremist in Pakistan is because of these Arabs and their strict version of Islam. Burning schools, beating women to death, throwing acid on girls faces, banning education for girls, no rights for women's, and the infamous of them all suicide bombings!

Islam wasn't just for the Arabs, it was for the whole humanity!

Long live Pakistan

:pakistan::pakistan::pakistan:

Last edited:
Hmmm as stated before Dahir was an evil man, a conqueror himself over the local Buddhists of Sindh. Also 1000 years on, the genetics of his invasion are probably seeded in and deeply intricate within the South Asian population so the idea of him being considered a foreigner is something that may serve Indian point of view of Hindu Raj being the only appropriate raj but the subcontinent.

As far as fighting with the Buddhists, that was a domestic dispute, wasn't it?

And the rest of your post just shows your inner feelings of antagonism towards Indians and Hindus in general. Thanks for sharing them.

Muhammad Bin Qasim got a violent death is that true?
i heard that daughters of Raja Dahir done revenge i don know the full story.

Muhammad Bin Qasim died because he violated the 2 daughters of Raja Dahir before sending them to Califf and Califf got angry with this act of him and ordered him dead.

I understand bro. But it kind of perplexes me. Does it mean Pakistanis would support Islamic personalities and what they seem as true flag bearers of their faith even at the cost of their own people? Is that the reason why a number of Pakistanis support hardcore organizations like the TTP or other Taliban offshoots and kill their own people? I have no flaming intentions bro. You'd know me better than that. This is just a question that I am looking an answer to.

First of all how can you say TTP are hardcore Muslims fighting for Islam.Fighters of Islam don't see **** do they.

To tell you the truth apart from some mentioning of harappa and monjadoro in our school books history starts from Muhammad Bin Qasim.

And Robbie you shouldn't be surprised on this.WE ARE NOT SECULAR PEOPLE AND NEITHER IS OUR COUNTRY SECULAR.And yes i agree that we are not taught a good part of history but this fact shouldn't be hard to understand because we are Muslims.

I am Sorry to say but most Indian People seem to forget this line.WE ARE NOT SECULAR our country is based on Islam in the first Place.

And yes when we can take fight with Israel and suffer enormous losses as a result just due to religion then we can also choose our Heroes on Religion this fact shouldn't surprise you.and Specially we Pakistanis are extra emotional when it comes to something called UMMA.

I mean most Pakistani don't even know that there is a place called south India.But even if you ask a kid who was TIPU SULTAN he will tell you the whole ABC.

No Tombstone for the Hero?
Monday February 22, 2010 (1455 PST)
Anwaar Hussain

The text books that are taught to Pakistani children recount exploits of numerous past Muslim heroes in them. Standing tall amongst these heroes is one Arab by the name of Muhammad bin Qasim, born on 31 December 695 in the city of Taif in modern day Saudi Arabia.

Following are just some of the tokens of Pakistanis’ veneration for their hero.

He is sometimes called “the first Pakistani”. Port Qasim, Pakistan’s second major port is named in his honor. PNS Qasim is the name of a Pakistani Naval ship. Pakistan Army Aviation’s home base is called Qasim Base. Qasim is a fairly common first name for Pakistani male children. The day of Yom-e-Babul Islam is observed each year in Pakistan in memory of Muhammad bin Qasim.

Now let us see what we are told about this hero and what we are not.

We are told that Muhammad bin Qasim was an Umayyad general who conquered the Sindh and Punjab regions, now a part of Pakistan, along the Indus River. That at the tender age of just seventeen, he was sent by Caliph Al-Walid-I to lead an army towards South Asia to release Muslim women and children who were kidnapped by the Hindu Raja of the time. That it was due to his conquest of Sindh and Punjab that the era of Islamic rule in South Asia was first launched in real earnest. This much we are told. This much Pakistani children are supposed to memorize and be examined in.

What we are not told is that the kidnapping event of women and children, though a historical happening by itself, may have been only a part of the legend. That the Umayyad interest in the region may have stemmed more from their desire to control the trade route down the Indus River valley to the seaports of Sindh, an important link in the ancient Silk Road, than any thing else.

what a story made up of assumptions...we can all become real great historians by following this style...
the umayyads were not interested in the region at that time..they were already caught in south east n other expeditions..it was hujjaj bin yousaf who tried to convince caliph waleed n he was not very positive about the outcome n this was the reason hujjaj had to chose such a young man (his nephew n son in law) for the expedition..

We are also not told some of the other possible reasons for this campaign. That the locals of the region had targeted Sassanid shipping in the past, from the mouth of the Tigris to the Sri Lankan coast, from their bases at Kutch, Debal and Kathiawar. That the real reason of the campaign may have been purely economic in which the kidnapping of women and children was but one fateful act of these semi-nomadic tribes whose activities disturbed much of the Empire’s shipping trade in the Western Indian Ocean. That the kidnapping incident only provided a ‘just’ reason to the rising power of the Umayyad Caliphate to gain a foothold in the Makran, Baluchistan and Sindh regions–an area that the Empire builders had been eyeing for a rather long time by then. That one other possible reason for the campaign could be the policy of the local tribes of providing refuge to Sassanid and Arab rebels who fled the Arab advance and the accompanied Umayyad persecution in a quest to consolidate their rule. This we are not told.[/B]

was there any actual umayyad route passing through the area except the rather rar shipping to present day srilanka..n the seas of ship inhibited those looters, muslims were justified in their attack for this sole reason, let alone the kidnaps (read international law)
actually this man was not told anything thats why he grew up a retard:rofl::rofl:

What we are not told is that Raja Dahir is also admired by many present day Sindhi Sunni and Shia Muslims.

now he starts this sunni shia crap..not making any sense

That he had given shelter in Sindh to a well-known follower of Imam Hussian, Muhammad Bin Allafi–a man much sought by the Umayyad in their deadly hunt for eliminating the last of the Ahl-e-Bait (Prophet Muhammad’s immediate family). That, according to some very believable sources, Dahir had even offered asylum to Hussain ibn Ali, the grandson of Prophet Mohammed, who was being persecuted at home. That as a result of this offer, Hussain was on his way to Sindh when he was seized at Karbala in Iraq and killed most viciously. That according to G.M. Syed, the grand old man of Sindh, “the Sindhis weep for Hussain ibn Ali and they weep for Raja Dahir Sen.” This we are not told.

Raja Dahir , born 679 AD
The Battle of Karbala took place on Muharram 10, in the year 61 of the Islamic calendar (October 10, 680)
paida hotay he naik kam shuru ker diay thay..:rofl:gimme a stone plz!!

But above all what we are not told is the manner of this hero’s death and the events leading up to the occasion.

Chachnama is an authentic document that recounts the history of Sindh in great details. It tells of an intriguing yet widely believed tale of Muhammad bin Qasim’s death.

According to this account, when Raja Dahir was killed in the battlefield, his daughters were captured as war booty in the Islamic tradition. The Governor, Muhammad bin Qasim, then sent them as ‘presents’ to the Caliph of the time Khalifa Sulayman ibn Abd al-Malik, to become a part of his vast harem. According to the narration, the women tricked the Khalifa into believing that Muhammad bin Qasim had violated them before sending them on. The Khalifa got so incensed for having been sent ‘tainted’ gifts that he ordered Muhammad bin Qasim to be wrapped in oxen hides and returned to Syria, his exploits not withstanding. The journey resulted in his death from suffocation. This version attributes the women’s motive for the ploy to exacting vengeance for their father’s death. It also states that upon discovering the trick after the death of Muhammad bin Qasim, the Khalifa deeply repented his action and ordered the sisters buried alive in a wall as a punishment.

The Persian historian Baladhuri, however, states that the Khalifa Abd al-Malik was a political enemy of Umayyad governor Al-Hajjaj ibn Yusuf, Muhammad bin Qasim’s paternal uncle. He persecuted all those who were considered close to Hajjaj after his death. Muhammad bin Qasim was therefore recalled in the midst of a campaign of capturing more territory up north. An honorable man, he reported to his Caliph despite his loyal friends dissuading him from it. Upon arrival, he was promptly imprisoned in Mosul, Iraq. Intensely cruel torture on him started immediately afterwards. So severe was this torture that Muhammad bin Qasim breathed his last during the most extreme of sessions one hot July afternoon.

Whichever account is true, we are told none of these.

Two facts, however, remain undisputed. He was 22 years old when he was killed by his own Caliph. None have read the tombstone marking his grave for none know where he lies.
sulman was a selfish sort of person, as noted by many historians, n after his brothers death when he became king he ordered qasim to return n ordered his murder(mind u he had a neza bazi duel thing with qasim in hejaz n got defeated, hence his dislike for him)..later he was convinced to halt his orders n that he did but before the messenger could reach, qasim was already killed..:cry:

GM syed was same as ANP or Haji adeel .... they just cannot dijest pakistan as reality...

But then don't blame Indians for this as this is the voice of the people who lives in the lands of Pakistan. people can have different opinion and views that is perfectly ok but does that make them anti-pakistani.:disagree:

Last edited:
Raja Dahir , born 679 AD
The Battle of Karbala took place on Muharram 10, in the year 61 of the Islamic calendar (October 10, 680)
paida hotay he naik kam shuru ker diay thay..:rofl:gimme a stone plz!!

and that confirms the credibility of his source :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Thanks for pointing out i did not read that article only few lines

And i will find nice stones for you :D don't worry :rofl:

But then don't blame Indians for this as this is the voice of the people who lives in the lands of Pakistan. people can have different opinion and views that is perfectly but does that make than anti-pakistani.:disagree:

The biggest problem with ANP pathetic souls is that they belong to a province which is highly patriotic. They claim to represent a nation(pushtoons) which is highly patriotic. So since they can not forward their anti Pakistan agenda they come forward with such cheap issues to gain some lime light.

:sick:

Exactly they are bal thakery of Pakistan. Always say somethign illogical. They just want publicity so they always come up with weird thoughts. The only difference between ANP and Shiv Sena is... Shiv Sena is loyal to their country but ANP is pro-India (in my humble opinion)

Zaki Bhai,

Bal Thackeray is an idiot and for some reason Pakistani people think he is highly popular in India but the fact is quite opposite. He is hated all across India and his popularity is even dying in Maharashtra now. But the point is Shiv sena follows strict Hindu/Marathi ideologies but do you think ANP has some kind of religious ideology. I see ANP as a secular party so why are you comparing ANP with Shiv sena.

G.M Syed is Sindhi... right?

G M Syed (Sindhi: جي ايم سيد) was a political leader who pioneered 'Jeay Sindh movement' for the freedom of Sindh from Pakistan. Different Pakistani governments detained G M Syed above thirty years without any trial. Mr. Syed wrote above sixty books.

Need i say more?

Raja Dahir , born 679 AD
paida hotay he naik kam shuru ker diay thay..gimme a stone plz!!

Hahaha :rofl::rofl: So much for the source and it's credibility.

:rofl:

Zaki Bhai,

Bal Thackeray is an idiot and for some reason Pakistani people think he is highly popular in India but the fact is quite opposite. He is hated all across India and his popularity is even dying in Maharashtra now. But the point is Shiv sena follows strict Hindu/Marathi ideologies but do you think ANP has some kind of religious ideology. I see ANP as a secular party so why are you comparing ANP with Shiv sena.

because ANP is also an idiot party like Shiv Sena :lol: nobody likes them a part from a small groups of peoples in NWFP who knows nothing about politics and more specifically about them.

Read G M Syed's Book to enlighten yourself.

G M syed... one man does not represent the whole sind... and G M syed was a rejected man by the people of sind in continuous elections.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom