What's new

Options for Pakistan Navy

current PN strength:
6 type 21 frigates+4 f 22p frigates+1 ohp classs frigate =10 frigates
3 agosta 90b+2 agosta 70 = 5 conventional subs
midget =classified
hope it wil remove some misconceptions............

i suppose its your word against wikipedia. i think i'll choose the latter.

This is what Ziaulislam said.

And PN has this force right not. What are you talking about. Yeah I know you are trying to troll but still you don't make sense.

6000 posts and you are the one who makes no sense :hitwall:

Let us not get into **** fight here on who is right and who is wrong. The current strength of PN is:

Current Fleet Configuration
MAJOR SURFACE COMBATANTS
6 Type 21 Frigates
3+(1) Sword Class Frigates (The one in brackets is under fitting out and has not been formally accepted in PN fleet)
1 OHP Class Frigate

SUBS
2 Agosta 70
3 Agosta 90B

Under Construction:
2 AShM armed 500 ton OPV's

Under consideration:

2 Type 54 Firgates
6 Qing Class Subs

Future probable direction:
Second batch of modfied Sword Class Frigates
Further procurement of Type 54

In my humble opinion, right now PN is looking at these options because they will have to retire the 6 Type 21's in the next couple of years and the avialbility of further OHP's are in doubt. Therefore, the only option, on th table are the Chinese boats. ONe of which is being constructed in Pakistan. China is planing to standardise its Type 54 platforms. Therefore it is willing to let go of couple of earlier version of the type.

Under consideration:

2 Type 54 Firgates
6 Qing Class Subs

In my humble opinion, right now PN is looking at these options because they will have to retire the 6 Type 21's in the next couple of years and the avialbility of further OHP's are in doubt. Therefore, the only option, on th table are the Chinese boats. ONe of which is being constructed in Pakistan. China is planing to standardise its Type 54 platforms. Therefore it is willing to let go of couple of earlier version of the type.

There will be more OHP available, but just a couple per year at a time and there are other potential takes as well (Taiwan, mainly). I think OHP remains an option under consideration, due to low cost of acquisition. And it would work as stopgap.

Let us not get into **** fight here on who is right and who is wrong. The current strength of PN is:

MAJOR SURFACE COMBATANTS
6 Type 21 Frigates
3+(1) Sword Class Frigates (The one in brackets is under fitting out and has not been formally accepted in PN fleet)
1 OHP Class Frigate

SUBS
2 Agosta 70
3 Agosta 90B

Under Construction:

Under consideration:

2 Type 54 Firgates
6 Qing Class Subs

i think we are not buying the 6 subs form china now budget cuts

MAJOR SURFACE COMBATANTS
6 Type 21 Frigates
1 OHP Class Frigate

SUBS
2 Agosta 70
3 Agosta 90B

Under Construction:

Under consideration:

2 Type 54 Firgates
6 Qing Class Subs

I think PN are getting these SSKs or may be doing a JV with China on the next Generation SSKs that will going to have a smilar capability like the Type-214s and they also might be negotiating on Type-54As or may be looking towards taking the whole F-22P program on their own and developing technology with China and putting up the VLS based AShM, Cruise Missiles and Anti Aircraft Missiles. So we can't say that.

today indian economy is 12 times the pakistan economy. and india is adding double the size of pak economy every year(400-500bn). by 2020 we will be 25 times ur size. so 25 times more money to moderanize. pak has a few options:
1. get your stuff together and start development like a potential superpower. which u guys can't :no:

2. give us kashmir and sign peace treaty. which u guys can :azn:

Blah :blah:

Not like Indians Posted 10 years future news like we are building Plane that will operate in 2020 .... Sir We pakistani atleast show the news when most of work is done .. oK!!

And guys all of you , When in Pakistan military projects Something is announced it is true and has always been. if something has caused the issue is Natural Disaster or Terrorism i am telling u like jf17 we will have Subs earlier than what is expected it is just the military strategy to almost disagree everything Reporter asks ...

Pakistan developing a nuke sub will not go well with US. Right now, US knows that no Pak missile can reach the US mainland. They at most threaten US interests in the middle east, namely Israel.

With a nuke sub, the game changes, not only does PAK have nukes but now they will possess a capability to deliver it to far off locations. This would pose a direct threat to not only US, but a lot of other western nations.

Given how badly Pak depends on US aid, any such expenditure will be met with push back from the US. So i would say that developing a nuke sub is a pipe dream unless China steps in and lends one to Pakistan.

As a side note, the authors overtones of "Hindutva" and "Indian domination" is the same crap which the army has fed Pakistan for 60 years. Creating the bogey man so that they can rape and pillage the Pakistan economy. The current doldrums the Pakistan economy faces is because of this hate campaign.

This is not a 1500s, today economy is the **real** power, not nukes and not standing armies. NK seems to have both of them still neither do they have world respect or clout.

We can go on and on about Hindu-Muslim, mughal rule, muslim dominance and other historical BS, but the sad truth is that the world has changed. Today no one cares about your supposedly superior genes (Infact, you are looked down upon if you mention this in a civil setting), all people do care about is what you bring to the table in the global arena.

So can someone tell me, what Pakistan brings to the Global area to garner respect?

Penguin:

The OHP will become available as they retire from USN, that is a correct assumption on your part and I agree with you -- my opinion is based upon whether we get them or not, that is now questionable looking at the roller coaster ride of Pak/US relations leading upto withdrawl from Afghanistan and the possible backlashes during the withdrawl phase.

Therefore, my assumption that OHP's are out accessibility.

MAJOR SURFACE COMBATANTS
6 Type 21 Frigates
1 OHP Class Frigate

SUBS
2 Agosta 70
3 Agosta 90B

Under Construction:

Under consideration:

2 Type 54 Firgates
6 Qing Class Subs

what is your take on the 'death spiral' affecting PN as i mentioned in the post
http://www.defence.pk/forums/pakistan-navy/159912-options-pakistan-navy-3.html#post2614732

My Dear Shinigami:

Where is the death spiral? I do not see one. The capability of PN is increasing from four inshore, shallow diving boats (Daphne) to deeper diving boats with greater ranges and AIP base. From a torp. only boats to both torp. and missile firing vessels. The level of enging noise has gone down and the sensor suit has improved as compared to the Daphnes and earlier A70's. We might not have matched the Daphne on one on one basis but the quality has imporved.

The Type 21 are being replaced by brand new boats with a working ASW Helo platform and simillar range AShM's.

Lower cost OPV option has been taken to enhnace surface attack capability without adding astronomical costs.

The air component has increased from three Atlantics to five Orions plus two Atlantics in reserve!!!! Backed up by AWACS!!!

Six dedicated light ASW helos have been inducted in place of none that were operational!!!

If you want to compare the future IN acquistions with those of PN than I will always point out the difference in mission of the two navies. Therefore, given the resource allocation to PN, we have boosted our capabilties. There are gaps, I know for sure that there are plans and some of them are also in execution stage.

Cheers!!!;-)

Are we on the same planet my friend or what?

all the topics in google are here.....

---------- Post added at 06:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:52 PM ----------

by the way good articles

Penguin:

The OHP will become available as they retire from USN, that is a correct assumption on your part and I agree with you -- my opinion is based upon whether we get them or not, that is now questionable looking at the roller coaster ride of Pak/US relations leading upto withdrawl from Afghanistan and the possible backlashes during the withdrawl phase.

Therefore, my assumption that OHP's are out accessibility.

I think some other party sweeping the OHPs up first might be the bigger issue. But the end result is the same.

Italy is retiring 8 Meastrale class frigates, the oldest dating back to 1982, the newest to 1985. About the same age as any Perry's. But over the years OHPs were modernized and the Meastrale weren't....

Why INDian are always jealous From **** i thnk we were talking abt ( options for pakistan navy ) and that dude said ( give us Kashmir ) OK let me tell U some thng 90 % kashmir's population is muslim and they also wana jOIN pakistan peace full option give the people what the want so U leve kashmir ,, and their will be peace or else if even 1 pakistan is alive on this earth u cant get kashmir :D and for indian army we dont need a nuke sub we just need a pathaka LOL =)) shurlii wala indian army khud bhag jaye ge lOL =))

Back
Top Bottom