What's new

Turkish Peace Operations in Syria (Operation Olive Branch) Updates & Discussions

There are several problems:

-Relying on untrained local forces who are very sloppy thus putting our soldiers at risk (These guys are complete opposite of PYD that receives professional training)
-The operation being treated as a small action when in fact it is a large action.
-Lack of proper support for ground troops (No attack helicopters, lack of better infantry equipment, we only see ground troops with light weapons, even Daesh has those. Essentially our infantry except for a helmet and scope are no better equipped than Daesh)
-Geopolitical restraints (we are tip toeing around other countries interests)
-Announcement of operation way in advance giving the enemy plenty of time to prepare.

I think we have the capability to do this right but there are obviously some restrictions being put on us. Even assaulting Al-Bab cold be a sensitive geopolitical issue we in the public don't know about.

We cleared out south eastern Turkish cities in no time, we can do the same here. We also don't know if the FSA is holding us back, maybe they genuinely don't want us conquering their cities. If we don't have them on board then the whole operation is pointless and millions of Syrians could potentially see us as an adversary. There are a lot of factors, maybe too many to even list.

I also want to point out that our military exercises are outdated and do not meet the requirements of our security threats. I am saying stop wasting time with too many exercises where a conventional threat is the main priority. We need to be more dynamic, our military can't be like the Chinese military, it needs to be flexible not restrictive. This is in our history anyways. New weapons need to be designed and purchased for the actual threats we face. Creativity is what is needed.

@xenon54

Yes, Kebap sales are fine thank you.

Well, until we actually get some good air support for the ground units, we will take Al-Bab by 2018! Kind of sad, we cant take over this little town but we want to take over Raqqa.

shouldn't be that hard to take al bab, 5000 troops should be able. maybe no will to take it

Can some people stop conducting information warfare for the enemy?

Thanks.

There are several problems:

-Relying on untrained local forces who are very sloppy thus putting our soldiers at risk (These guys are complete opposite of PYD that receives professional training)
-The operation being treated as a small action when in fact it is a large action.
-Lack of proper support for ground troops (No attack helicopters, lack of better infantry equipment, we only see ground troops with light weapons, even Daesh has those. Essentially our infantry except for a helmet and scope are no better equipped than Daesh)
-Geopolitical restraints (we are tip toeing around other countries interests)
-Announcement of operation way in advance giving the enemy plenty of time to prepare.

I think we have the capability to do this right but there are obviously some restrictions being put on us. Even assaulting Al-Bab cold be a sensitive geopolitical issue we in the public don't know about.

We cleared out south eastern Turkish cities in no time, we can do the same here. We also don't know if the FSA is holding us back, maybe they genuinely don't want us conquering their cities. If we don't have them on board then the whole operation is pointless and millions of Syrians could potentially see us as an adversary. There are a lot of factors, maybe too many to even list.

I also want to point out that our military exercises are outdated and do not meet the requirements of our security threats. I am saying stop wasting time with too many exercises where a conventional threat is the main priority. We need to be more dynamic, our military can't be like the Chinese military, it needs to be flexible not restrictive. This is in our history anyways. New weapons need to be designed and purchased for the actual threats we face. Creativity is what is needed.

@xenon54

Yes, Kebap sales are fine thank you.
Have we ever even seen FSA stand in a straight line? There is no order or discipline.

Have we ever even seen FSA stand in a straight line? There is no order or discipline.
Didnt we train them for two years?
Maybe it takes more time to train them not just to shoot but to actually try to hit something and not waste bullets.:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Last edited:
i dont think we can take al bab. We should siege it completely and level the place ! Detailed map from google earth
b554076385.png

b5493347da.png

b54e410881.png

I dont think we trained them as reguluar soildiers.. and I dont think our government took it seriously.. they were just waiting for us and saudi.. also we do not know wich kind of ppl we got.. they dont seem to be trained in basic military doctrines.. :cheesy:

Some of our Special forces officers filed for resignation earlier this week because Fsa rebels tried to smuggle ammo and riles to kabaşin. It looks like morale is way low in the field. May God help Turkish soldiers.

Some of our Special forces officers filed for resignation earlier this week because Fsa rebels tried to smuggle ammo and riles to kabaşin. It looks like morale is way low in the field. May God help Turkish soldiers.

Source?

upload_2017-1-15_14-29-21.png

if someone know arabic.....follow this account...one of important account who talk info about rebels and syria
In summary:
1-Albab operation stumble
2- Daesh recently thrown elite forces (special) forces led by Colonel Omar - a former intelligence officer from Tajikistan - to strengthen its defenses in the city
3-Daesh also brought dozens of vehicles and heavy weapons to Albab had been obtained from the city of Palmyra, which the regime and Russian forces pulled out
4-most of ISIS leader live in albab

Free Syrian Army leader Mustafa Sijri of Liwa al-Mu'tasim Brigade says that a Turkey backed "National Army" is about to take shape, urging Syrian's to join and the Free Syrian Army to merge, Syria.

Just hope it's true.

Free Syrian Army leader Mustafa Sijri of Liwa al-Mu'tasim Brigade says that a Turkey backed "National Army" is about to take shape, urging Syrian's to join and the Free Syrian Army to merge, Syria.

Just hope it's true.
even if it is true in the past we tried the same thing but it woudnt worked. Hopefully this will work !

Back
Top Bottom