What's new

Open Debate | Ideal direction of Pak-Afghan relations.

this made my day, post of the day!!! kudos,

If land locked state can be manupulated in this way, then may india should charge 1 cent per liter of water to the lower riparian

Nopes!!!

When Pakistani state charge tax and surcharge to land locked Pakistanis nation, without justification and rendering any service, no one in world complain.... !!!!

For Afghanistan, I have proposed ZERO strategic surcharge on consumable goods. Pakistanis will pay for all the gift markings.

If Afghanistan is rich enough to pay for luxuries beyond consumable, than they should only pay $1 strategic surcharge, rest is only processing fees required to record, inspect and regulate the aid.

Pakistanis shift their thinking according to their interests. Most Pakistanis would have a stable friendly govt in Kabul than having Taliban. Taliban can pose a threat to Pakistan too.

$1 billion security deposit i proposed, would keep that in check.
In any case, today's Afghanistan has new generation, new demography, new brains and new thinking, which can only be regulated to not harm Pakistan, by the might gift of regulated transit aid.

When Pakistani state charge tax and surcharge to land locked Pakistanis nation, without justification and rendering any service, no one in world complain.... !!!!

For Afghanistan, I have proposed ZERO strategic surcharge on consumable goods. Pakistanis will pay for all the gift markings.

If Afghanistan is rich enough to pay for luxuries beyond consumable, than they should only pay $1 strategic surcharge, rest is only processing fees required to record, inspect and regulate the aid.

$1 billion security deposit i proposed, would keep that in check.
In any case, today's Afghanistan has new generation, new demography, new brains and new thinking, which can only be regulated to not harm Pakistan, by the might gift of regulated transit aid.
The United Nations Convention on the Law of the Sea now gives a landlocked country a right of access to and from the sea without taxation of traffic through transit states.

by exact same yardstick, how bout paying cent per liter of water?

Hi,

Here is what the afghans will do---they will get duty free goods into afg----they cannot use them in afg---they will then turn around and smuggle them back into pakistan---no duty paid.

The United Nations Convention on the Law of the Sea now gives a landlocked country a right of access to and from the sea without taxation of traffic through transit states.

by exact same yardstick, how bout paying cent per liter of water?

I have not proposed any violation, i have granted free transit to consumable items.
However, there has to be a mechanism to regulate the aid, all countries do it.
US reimbursed the payment of Pakistani F-16 in shape of wheat grain and charge us shipment fee, 5 times higher than what we could have got from free market.
Landlocked Pakistani nation have paid for inspection on local imports to a foreign company named cotecna, its norm.
All i can propose is call international tenders for inspection company and let the world of private companies compete in winning service tender.

Hi,

Here is what the afghans will do---they will get duty free goods into afg----they cannot use them in afg---they will then turn around and smuggle them back into pakistan---no duty paid.

This is what might happen. Seeing as what ISIS got upto in Iraq.

After NATO leaves, Kabul and immediate surrounding areas, Northern Alliance areas will remain Taliban free. Taliban will extend their control over majority of Afghanistan.

So India should keep that in mind.

Long time no see, my friend.

This is what might happen. Seeing as what ISIS got upto in Iraq.

After NATO leaves, Kabul and immediate surrounding areas, Northern Alliance areas will remain Taliban free. Taliban will extend their control over majority of Afghanistan.

So India should keep that in mind.

Long time no see, my friend.

Hi,

Taliban resurgence depends on what the afghn national army can or cannot do. If it stands firm---it will wipe out the tliban. I believe after seeing what the happening in iraq---the afghans will be ready for the taliban.

after the u s leaves---the taliban will come on very strong---if the afghan army can smash them & take out their leaders----they can have a ntion to build---otherwise---more war.

Hi,

Taliban resurgence depends on what the afghn national army can or cannot do. If it stands firm---it will wipe out the tliban. I believe after seeing what the happening in iraq---the afghans will be ready for the taliban.

after the u s leaves---the taliban will come on very strong---if the afghan army can smash them & take out their leaders----they can have a ntion to build---otherwise---more war.

I think the Indian role will be reduced either way.

Our future interaction with the Afghan state will be governed entirely based on who holds power. If the Democratic Afghan Govt and ANP are able to hold their own (which I hope they do) they will need Pakistan's help to conduct business with India and they will also need access to ports which Iran is unlikely to provide them because the Iranian are vary of the Afghans (rightly so, if I might add). In such a situation, we have a very suitable opportunity to play a defining role in Afghanistan's business potential.

I beg to disagree. Afghanistan is a land-locked country. Most of its international trade was therefore done through Pakistani sea-ports.

Thus, in 2003 a trilateral agreement was signed among India, Iran and Afghanistan. Under this agreement Iran was to build a highway from Chabahar (a Port City of Iran) upto Afghanistan border. India was to build a road connecting Delaram (border city of Afghanistan) to Zaranj (Capital of Nimruz province of Afghanistan). Construction started in 2005, and in 2009 the road was opened for public use.

Map%252520Delaram.png

And...

01_11_pg1a.jpg

Therefore your contention that Afghanistan will need Pakistan's help to conduct business with India and they will also need access to ports which Iran is unlikely to provide them, is incorrect. There is total cooperation between India, Iran, and Afghanistan bypassing Pakistan completely.

And...
Therefore your contention that Afghanistan will need Pakistan's help to conduct business with India and they will also need access to ports which Iran is unlikely to provide them, is incorrect. There is total cooperation between India, Iran, and Afghanistan bypassing Pakistan completely.
Long Boring Route.....You INDIAN will get OLD SOON....:enjoy:

See the Map...:devil:
PakistanCorridor.jpg

Long Boring Route.....You INDIAN will get OLD SOON....:enjoy:

See the Map...:devil:
View attachment 36412
I agree! But that is in the realms of fiction as of today. Considering Yahoos like General Hafiz Saeed and Co, they would never allow trade between India, Pakistan, and Afghanistan. The security environment out there sucks!! :(

Therefore India has now got an alternative trade route to Iran, Afghanistan and the Central Asian Republics through the Chabahar port in Iran. :-)

And needless to say, an undersea oil pipeline to the Middle East completely bypassing Pakistan.....

Historical-Route-Options-Iran-Oman-India.jpg

Cheers!

I beg to disagree. Afghanistan is a land-locked country. Most of its international trade was therefore done through Pakistani sea-ports.

Thus, in 2003 a trilateral agreement was signed among India, Iran and Afghanistan. Under this agreement Iran was to build a highway from Chabahar (a Port City of Iran) upto Afghanistan border. India was to build a road connecting Delaram (border city of Afghanistan) to Zaranj (Capital of Nimruz province of Afghanistan).

Like everything else, trade must also take the shortest route, do you really think that this route is financially feasible as compared to one that cuts through Pakistan? Whereas it could serve as a much needed reserve route in case Pakistan chooses to restrict Afghan access to Pakistani roads, I have serious doubts this will be their go-to route.

Back
Top Bottom