What's new

one in three young men in China will die from tobacco, study says

Srinivas

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
I think pollution is also a major concern for them.

Did you read the report?

I actually read it, and the heading has been way dramatized.

In reality the adult mortality rates in China have decreased.

The only thing the paper is claiming is that the proportion of deaths related to tobacco attributable disorders have gone up. The total deaths or the mortality rate has actually gone down.

http://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(15)00340-2/abstract

I think pollution is also a major concern for them.

Plz wait for the year end report.
At least in Wuhan,I have seen a report that pollution days reduced by about 80% in a certain month.

Plz wait for the year end report.
At least in Wuhan,I have seen a report that pollution days reduced by about 80% in a certain month.

In that case China has done well !!

But pollution will only go out when pollution emitters like factories, vehicles use eco friendly fuels are used. I think china is still at the initial stage in this regard.

In that case China has done well !!

But pollution will only go out when pollution emitters like factories, vehicles use eco friendly fuels are used. I think china is still at the initial stage in this regard.
The government is autocratic enough so they change soon then many high polluting industries die...
Do u know 山西(shānxi province)?Not 陕西(shǎnxi)

The government is autocratic enough so they change soon then many high polluting industries die...
Better than some Supa Powa 2012, highly polluted BEFORE major industrialisation.
Just dunno where their pollution comes from with little industry.

Your Govt. know that coal based industries will cause pollution, still they went ahead because coal is available and cheaper option.

Your Govt. know that coal based industries will cause pollution, still they went ahead because coal is available and cheaper option.
Haha,I'd like to buy a helicopter.
So we are finding other energy as substitute.

The only substitute is Nuclear power as china has harvested most of the hydel power potential. But I have seen the news that factories which are emitting more pollution are closed down.

I think the Yangtze river basin has higher number of coal power projects.

The only substitute is Nuclear power as china has harvested most of the hydel power potential. But I have seen the news that factories which are emitting more pollution are closed down.

I think the Yangtze river basin has higher number of coal power projects.
Both Solar energy and Nuclear power projects r guadually increasing.
What if we can take full adventage of Xinjiang and Xizang!

This year Wuhan is much better, turing to high-tech and reducing Wuhan Steel's production doesn't harm our GDP growth. More electric buses and trolleybuses are driving on the road. Motorcycles have been completely banned, only electric bikes are allowed. Public bike system is around the city.
IMG_0843.jpg

屏幕快照 2015-10-11 20.36.44.png

屏幕快照 2015-10-11 20.36.20.png

屏幕快照 2015-10-11 20.38.58.png

IMG_0628.jpg

This year Wuhan is much better, turing to high-tech and reducing Wuhan Steel's production doesn't harm our GDP growth. More electric buses and trolleybuses are driving on the road. Motorcycles have been completely banned, only electric bikes are allowed. Public bike system is around the city.
View attachment 264018

View attachment 264025

View attachment 264023

View attachment 264027
Yes,this year the sky of Wuhan is beautiful!!
But the biggest problem of Wuhan is not smog,but…is that...
20000101_230317.jpg
@AndrewJin

Last edited:

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom