What's new

On India's Shopping List, 500 Choppers, 220 Fighter Jets, 12 Submarines

Zarvan

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
sukhoi-aircraft_650x400_71453397346.jpg

Manohar Parrikar asked his ministry to project the expected cost of modernisation.

Story Highlights
  • India will spend $223 billion over next 10 years
  • Manohar Parrikar asked ministry to project cost of modernisation
  • This is the first time a detailed financial projection was worked out
New Delhi: India will spend a staggering $223 billion (Rs 15 lakh core) over the next decade to acquire weapon systems to ramp up the military preparedness. The weapon systems will include 500 helicopters, 12 submarines, nearly 100 single engine fighter jets and over 120 twin engine fighter aircraft and aircraft carrier, defence ministry sources told NDTV.

Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar has asked his ministry to project the expected cost of modernisation as laid out in the "Long Term Integrated Perspective Planning" -- is a medium-term roadmap drawn up by the military -- for 2012 to 2027.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...my2010&utm_source=taboola&utm_medium=referral
Sponsored Content by TaboolaU.S. opens door to oil exports after year of pressureReuters

While the ministry always worked on the basis such roadmaps, this is the first time a detailed financial projection has been worked out.

According to the ministry's projections, the estimated growth in the capital budget has been pegged at 8 per cent annually.

"On an average, we see a growth between 5 to 9 per cent annually, a projected growth of 8 per cent is a realistic figure to work with," the official said. "We are likely to get about 13 lakh crore for capital acquisition over the next decade, leaving us with a short fall of between Rs 1.5 lakh to Rs 2 lakh crore."

Mr Parrikar has asked the ministry to also work out the expected outflows annually over the next decade. In the financial year ending in March 2017, the ministry will be spending approximately $12.69 billion (Rs 86,340 crore).

To meet the shortfall, the ministry is planning to bring down the revenue cost.

"We are looking at outsourcing some functions in peace stations and replacing men with smarter systems. Our estimates suggest that we will be able to save about Rs 5000 crore over which will be enough tide over the shortfall," the official said.

http://m.ndtv.com/india-news/on-ind...s-12-submarines-1449315?pfrom=home-topstories

The figure of Rs. 500 crore which is being quoted, is not even half the amount being surrendered per annum for lack of timely implementation of projects due to sluggish MoD and FM actions as required. If one is to look at the amount being surrendered under the capital head itself, one will realise that over the past decade the amount that has been surrendered under capital head would have met more than 50 % of the projected amount required adjusted in real terms.

The overall costs have gone to the figure quoted in future terms as lost opportunities and sluggish performance are not taken into account by the cost escalation and inflation, Mr RM (the office and not exclusively the present incumbent is addressed).

so it means

1. 120+ rafale

2.100+ F16s

3. 10 short fin baracuddas + 2 nuclear subs maybe SSBN type

4.250+ russian light chopper with 100 medium plus 100 of a mix of ASW & S&R choppers for navy and some 50 for AWACS and other allied jobs

5.a large ammount and variety of air to air and air to ground missiles and anty ship missiles and torpedos

so it means

1. 120+ rafale

2.100+ F16s

3. 10 short fin baracuddas + 2 nuclear subs maybe SSBN type

4.250+ russian light chopper with 100 medium plus 100 of a mix of ASW & S&R choppers for navy and some 50 for AWACS and other allied jobs

5.a large ammount and variety of air to air and air to ground missiles and anty ship missiles and torpedos

Where is PAKFA and Tejas?

Mu guess is 200 LUH+ 150 Russian choppers+ 100 Appache+50 LCH.

150 Tejas
150 FAGFA
126 Rafale.

Then AMCA shall start arriving.

war is always terrible but you have to hope for the best but prepair for the worst :coffee:
I ain't talking about a war but instead, my comment was directed towards your suggestion, which is even more horrible than a fuckking war!!

I ain't talking about a war but instead, my comment was directed towards your suggestion, which is even more horrible than a fuckking war!!
ohh common sir i was just giving my views i might be right or i might be wrong but one thing is sure both F16s and rafales are coming

ohh common sir i was just giving my views i might be right or i might be wrong but one thing is sure both F16s and rafales are coming
Never gonna happen, IAF rank and files aren't filled with complete morons you know??

ya thats right and these same wise guys rejected french offer to mass produce M2K in India but made MOD spent 40+ million for upgrade of same M2Ks :hitwall:

Obviously you are completely ignorant of our history, so I'm gonna have to leave this discussion right here, because after that part in bold, there remains nothing to be discussed I fear.

Hint - You've got it in reverse!!

We have indigenously made tejas then Why we need single engine fighter
Bcoz of slow production rate of tejas or Our DM thinking tejas have not enough capabilities ???

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom