What's new

Omar, Jaitley face-off over FLAG HOISTING PLAN

PakiiZeeshan

Reaction score
Omar, Jaitley face-off over flag hoisting plan

New Delhi: J&K Chief Minister has slammed the BJP for its youth wing's plan to hoist the national flag at the Lal Chowk in Srinagar on the Republic Day.

Omar said that the party is inciting Kashmiris and wants to create trouble in the Valley.

He also said that there is no point in hoisting national flags individually in Kashmir as already tri colours will be unfurled at district headquarters across Kashmir on the Republic Day.

"Unfortunately the BJP is never happy if there is not fire somewhere or the other. When Kashmir is burning that's also a problem for them, then it is my fault why Kashmir is burning. Now that Kashmir is quiet, they want to set it on fire again. My minister is going to hoist a tricolour in Srinagar in the middle of the stadium taking a salute, what's the need for individuals to hoist flags," questioned Omar.

But the BJP has defended its youth wing's plans of hoisting flag at the Lal Chowk.

"The BJP has always maintained and rightly so that Jammu and Kashmir is an integral part of India. Our youth wing has planned our own programme as a part of our national sovereignty, national solidarity campaign from West Bengal to Kashmir. I think it is a welcome program. We are marching with the national flag not in only one state but several states of the country, why should anybody object to this campaign of national solidarity and national sovereignty," said senior BJP leader Arun Jaitley.

Omar, Jaitley face-off over flag hoisting plan

Indian laws allow Indian flags to be hosted in any part of the country. I guess omar wants a period of calm, but that is not a priority here.

Kashmir isn't apart of india though. india is illegally occupying Kashmir.

Since India is "occupying"[legally or illegally] it is our wish and our will. If anybody can do something...they are most welcome to try and fail again. :)

Back
Top Bottom