What's new

Officers ask COAS Bajwa about Dawn Leaks

Or maybe the news that junior officers question about dawn leaks was leaked by ISI or someone else to put pressure on the chief to act against the perpetrators, after all, Maryam's leaking episodes shows she had an idea the successor regime in army wont pursue this case

Unfortunate as it is, I'd have to agree with you on all three issues, but to the defence of Military and ISPR, it was in the interest of former Chief Gen Raheel to sort this matter out and thus it was kept alive through ISPR but there was an opinion among some of military's senior leadership to let the successor deal with it in a manner he would see fit since he would have to deal with this kind of political maneuvering for another 3 years.

You know... I have nothing against Gen Raheel Sharif as a person, but i strongly disagree with the way he handled this situation.... Lets talk abt Corp comm meeting after which ISPR issued a statement..tht this news was fed, and tht its breach of national security... Ok.obviously this issue would have been discussed with all corps comm in detail, and all the various options would have been discussed in tht meeting ie option, A, B, or C..and what will be the consequences..right? All the commanders would have given their input...now after a day long meeting..they come up with an extremely strong worded statement tht its breach of national security...so what do u expect, public to think? We thought, tht if after corp comm meetings...ISPR issues such a statement ..this means..tht they have discussed all pros and cons, and stil came up with this statement...it means..tht military leadership including Gen Raheel Sharif is extremely concerned abt this issue, and wants to take it to logical conclusion, come what may...

.. We were expecting tht since they have called it breach of national security..nothing less han tht.. Maybe they would arrest ppl under Army act ..in which ppl are then interrogated..by agencies... Because God Forbid, if someone of us, was involved in any breach of national security..then God knows..what would have happened with us? Ok... Army already knew..who were the culprits..right? Corp commanders knew...its not tht they were not aware at tht time...they were aware of each and every thing..tht maryam nawaz was involved..and it wouldnt be an easy task for them to get her punished.. Then..they shouldnt have taken it to tht extreme level, and shouldnt have called it planted news and breach of national security.. They should have said in press release tht corp commanders expressed their displeasure over this media news...something like tht..or when the denial of this news had already come from govt..they should have left this issue, right there, and ignored it, knowing they cant nab Maryam nawaz, whatever their compulsions were... But when u say its breach of national security.then ppl are totally justified in demanding strict action...not only press release after corp comm meeting..there was meeting later,mof Gen Raheel Sharif and DG ISI with Ch Nisar, Shahbaz sharif and Ishaq Dar..and again ISPR said tht matters relating to planted news were discussed..and we again thought army is very serious abt this matter

But after all this..what do they do? When ppl were expecting arrests, they came up with a committee, full of Nawaz loyalists, to investigate the matter and army accepts it.. Like seriously??? Do they really take public as fools? Doesnt everyone know the fate of committees and commissions in Pak? When this committee was formed..we knew right there...tht a compromise or NRO has been done..on this issue...in so called breach of national security.. Does any one, in his right mind, expects, this committee to blane Maryam Nawaz for it?

In my opinion, in Gen Raheel Sharif's time..tht was the time..this case could have any logical conclusion.. Either Gen Raheel sharif and army shouldnt have called it ....national security breach OR Gen Raheel sharif should have resisted compromise and should have taken a stand on this issue.. If he thought it was natl security breach..he should have acted in similar manner too, like natl security breach should have been handled..

And now this new chief Qamar Bajwa.... The less said abt him, the better.. He has been behaving tht there was no national security breach at all... As if the issue never existed.. Ater the first corp comm meeting, I was expecting atleast a slight mention of this issue....but now just to fool public once again, news was leaked tht officers asked COAS abt dawn leaks..and interestingly, in this leak, there was no mention of what Gen Qamar Bajwa replied.... They seriously take us as fools and nothing else.... Joke of a committee tht was constituted to investigate it, was supposed to give its findings in 1 month, but now more than 2 months have passed.. Gen Qamar bajwa seems to be (excuse my language pl) real pithoo of Nawaz Sharif.. Theres a reason, Gen Qamar Bajwa was chosen by Nawaz Sharif, ignoring other three seniors, esp Gen Ashfaq Nadeem... Nawaz Sharif couldnt have asked for a better COAS of his choice.. He seems to be exactly what Nawaz sharf wanted... Already reports were there, on his selection, tht Gen Qamar Bajwa is soft on India.. In every way..Gen Qamar Bajwa is the ideal candidate for Nawaz. Sharif, who will toe his India policy too

So..all in all... Military just takes public as fools... Just like memo gate.. What happened to its culprits? Hussain haqqani is a free man now in US, lobbying against Pak, while he should have ben in jail.. And Zardari, on whose prders tht memo was written..competed his term as president..now is back again in Pak, after eenton se eentein bajana speech..... Even at tht time, Gen kiyani and Gen Pasha gave their statements in SC tht memo was a reality , but then did a deal..and both its culrpits are enjoying life.. Same happened with dawn leaks

I have made my mind..never to believe ISPR again and be fooled again.. There should be a disclaimer with all ISPR press releases too... Just like PM lawyer said in SC..his speech in parliament was a political statement.. ISPR, also should issue this disclaimer with all its statements...tht its political statement and dont take us seriously...

Ohh Godd.. I have forgotten the number of times, i have written abt this issue on this forum... But still i know..am wasting my time...and nothing will happen.. Just keep on venting my frustration..

Last edited:
Gen. Bajwa is too dull & so far has not impressed & has failed to fit in the shoes of retired Gen. Raheel.

The fear GRS caused in the terror sponsoring & black hearts of corrupt politicians has just disappeared with the retirement of GRS.

Gen. Bajwa is too dull & so far has not impressed & has failed to fit in the shoes of retired Gen. Raheel.

The fear GRS caused in the terror sponsoring & black hearts of corrupt politicians has just disappeared with the retirement of GRS.

I would suggest don't be so impatient. He is still maneuvering himself in position, I have it on good authority that he will be settled in place by May. Right now he is still doing his inaugural command visits.

I would suggest don't be so impatient. He is still maneuvering himself in position, I have it on good authority that he will be settled in place by May. Right now he is still doing his inaugural command visits.

May??? Woww.. Thts quite far away.... So now we should wait for any action on dawn leaks till May? Well.. Tht is.IF EVER any action has to be taken on dawn leaks... Which i dont believe...tht real culprits of dawn leaks ie Maryam Nawaz will ever be punished....

Gen Qamar Bajwa's body language seems to be sending all the wrong signals... Zardari, after his eenton se eentein bajana speech is back in Pakistan, comfortably and enjoying... Nawaz Sharif is happier than ever, after having choice army chief...

May??? Woww.. Thts quite far away.... So now we should wait for any action on dawn leaks till May? Well.. Tht is.IF EVER any action has to be taken on dawn leaks... Which i dont believe...tht real culprits of dawn leaks ie Maryam Nawaz will ever be punished....

Gen Qamar Bajwa's body language seems to be sending all the wrong signals... Zardari, after his eenton se eentein bajana speech is back in Pakistan, comfortably and enjoying... Nawaz Sharif is happier than ever, after having choice army chief...
You sound so disappointed i think you expected too much from sell off cowards to do something about leak issue!

Frustration of the army fan boys have reached its Zenith these days.

Indian members of the forum need not troll the so-called patriotic members since Nawaz Sharif has proven to be biggest troll for them. :rofl::rofl:.

Indian members, your services are rarely required these days. Pakistan has become self-sufficient in trolling the hawks.

Baji Allahkareem is known character in Dawan leaks jawans asking Bajwa Chana kithan guzari raat way ? Bajwa gonna say where is hole there is way .

Dawn Leaks, was & still is an Issue, Gen Bajwa is giving Space to the Govt to act, but everything has gone cold.. This govt has played dirty alot of times... I Personally belief that Something would happen on Dawn Leaks, not from Govt but from the Military...
PPl relating CPEC to this current govt is unjust, it was a on going process since Gen Mush time, & got implemented after Chinese President Xi visit to Pakistan in 2015!

Dawn Leaks, was & still is an Issue, Gen Bajwa is giving Space to the Govt to act, but everything has gone cold.. This govt has played dirty alot of times... I Personally belief that Something would happen on Dawn Leaks, not from Govt but from the Military...

Keep hoping.... We have been waiting for something to happen from military since oct... Its now almost 3 months... Esp this Gen Bajwa seems to be Mian sb ki aankh k taaray....so dont hope anything from him.... He has been selected by Nawaz sharif for a reason... And then look at the signs after him becoming COAS.. Zardari back, comfortably, dawn leaks disappeared, also he is considered to be softer on india, than other generals...so mian sb is even happier to have a COAS who wil agree to toe his line on india... So dont expect anything from this COAS on dawn leaks..

are u so sure?our time is running out,snakes in my village have started to come out of their holes,just tonight there was an unda dhund firing

Pak posters seem more interested in prosecuting the messnger and whistleblowers than being worried about the actual crime committed. There is no way to pretty up terrorism and support for it must be extinguished from your military.

I think by end of MARCH things would become clear. How much passive may b the COAS , but we should never doubt the ability of NS to create conflict. For time being the issue seems to be on back burner.

I pray for the best.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom