What's new

Obama just took a parting shot at Israel — and Trump — at the UN

Okay, I misunderstood it. Sorry for that.

So what do you think might be a realistic solution? Or do you prefer the no solution solution? And the solution of your preference may not be the right solution, do you agree?v
His only solution is to wipe out the Palestinians, and anything that goes against the zionist barbarians is wrong.

To simplify....what you are saying is you want to play the waiting game and prefer the no solution, solution.

Not really illogical to want that. But sustainability of it is questionable in the long term.

I have some problems with bigots. I get along with Muslims, Hindus, Jews, Christians, Atheists, Buddhists. But don't get along with bigots whether they are Muslims, Jews or Christians. Never met any Hindu, Buddhist or Atheist bigot tho. But don't think I can get along with them either. And no bigot admits to being one.

Waiting game - delay tactics - while they wipe out Palestinians.

To simplify....what you are saying is you want to play the waiting game and prefer the no solution, solution.
Waiting implies not acting, whereas I advocate acting with justice and mercy.

...no bigot admits to being one.
Bigot: a person who is obstinately - in spite of reason, arguments, or persuasion - intolerant to those holding different opinions, especially treating them with hatred and intolerance.

The problem with labeling me a bigot is that I admit to arguments of reason and have been very patient. True bigots hold to their opinions and prejudices in spite of facts and arguments and do not take the time to listen.

His only solution is to wipe out the Palestinians -
Thank you, Khafee. @Philia can now see the difference between an ethical advocate and a truth-destroying bigot.

while they wipe out Palestinians.
I doubt it is possible to wipe them out. Since their number is quite high. Actually if Israel could simply wipe them out then this problem would've been solved by now. But like I said there are plenty of people inside Israel that wishes for a peaceful coexistence. I think Joint Arab list was the third most voted party in Israel, last election.

Waiting implies not acting, whereas I advocate acting with justice and mercy.

Bigot: a person who is obstinately - in spite of reason, arguments, or persuasion - intolerant to those holding different opinions, especially treating them with hatred and intolerance.

The problem with labeling me a bigot is that I admit to arguments of reason and have been very patient. True bigots hold to their opinions and prejudices in spite of facts and arguments and do not take the time to listen.
Okay if you insist, maybe you are a lenient bigot? And what do you mean by justice and mercy? I'm not sure I understand these vague words.

Okay if you insist, maybe you are a lenient bigot? And what do you mean by justice and mercy? I'm not sure I understand these vague words.
O.K., last last bits:

I will accept the labels "stubborn" and "persistent".

As for "justice" and "mercy": us Jews have written entire volumes on these subjects. But suffice to say, in this context, that any "solution" that involves beating up innocent-of-crime Jews so others can revel in such wickedness is not a form of justice, and allowing the unrepentant criminal to get off scot-free so he can act again is not a desirable form of mercy.

O.K., last last bits:

As for "justice" and "mercy": us Jews have written entire volumes on these subjects. But suffice to say, in this context, that any "solution" that involves beating up innocent-of-crime Jews so others can revel in such wickedness is not a form of justice, and allowing the unrepentant criminal to get off scot-free so he can act again is not a desirable form of mercy.
Written but not practiced. Empty words and no substance.

O.K., last last bits:

I asked what do you mean by justice and mercy. And you wrote what do you not mean by justice and mercy. When someone asks your father's name, do you reply that my father's name is not Oliver?

I'm just saying that giving citizenship to people currently living in West Bank does little harm to Israel.

Lol what a stupid idea. Typical of a Bangladeshi too.

Yes give citizenship to a people that refuse to even recognise your right to existence, who's govt gives lifetime family subsidies to those that manage to murder Israelis and who's basic culture and identity has absolutely nothing to do with democracy.

They would not accept Israeli Citizenship even if offered. Israel is very correct to dominate these people and keep the status quo going.

Hopefully Israel is emboldened one day under the appropriate US govt/backing and drives them out completely to the multitude of other Arab States.

There is only one Jewish State in the world and it deserves to be eternal in character and existence.

So keep dreaming your stupid ideas about dissolving Jewish Israel....while Israel remains firm and strong. Israel has taken more than its fair share of Arab Muslims and Christians in its area, people who were given the option of Israeli Citizenship in 1967 and took it and stayed. Many serve in Israeli army now. But Israel will always remain a Jewish State.

Lol what a stupid idea. Typical of a Bangladeshi too.

Yes give citizenship to a people that refuse to even recognise your right to existence, who's govt gives lifetime family subsidies to those that manage to murder Israelis and who's basic culture and identity has absolutely nothing to do with democracy.

They would not accept Israeli Citizenship even if offered. Israel is very correct to dominate these people and keep the status quo going.

Hopefully Israel is emboldened one day under the appropriate US govt/backing and drives them out completely to the multitude of other Arab States.

There is only one Jewish State in the world and it deserves to be eternal in character and existence.

So keep dreaming your stupid ideas about dissolving Jewish Israel....while Israel remains firm and strong. Israel has taken more than its fair share of Arab Muslims and Christians in its area, people who were given the option of Israeli Citizenship in 1967 and took it and stayed. Many serve in Israeli army now. But Israel will always remain a Jewish State.

Very dissapointed to read your remarks.

There is nothing right about what Israel is doing in regards to the "settlements" and the occupation of the West Bank. If Israel wants to exist outside of the West Bank and Gaza as a Jewish state, that's fine with me.

But if it wants to claim the land that these poor people live on (which I think would be illegitimate, personally), then at a bare minimum it must accept these people as its own citizens and afford them full rights.

What is happening in Israel/Palestine is nothing short of apartheid. But the issue rarely gets that kind of attention, unfortunately.

When UK gave Hong Kong back to China to build trust and diplomacy , if USA had rebuked UK that would be not polite , so not sure what is the issue UK has with Kerry

Done deal long time ago

Israel seperate state, Palestine seperate state
oslo.jpg

If you have issue play a soccer game and duke it out in future but live in 2 different state
Was a done deal

If Israel feels otherwise it should return 100-200 billion dollars taken from USA for commitment to 2 state project

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/12/30/obama-israel-settlements-un-legacy-commentary.html

104191703-RTX2UWBA.530x298.jpg

Kevin Lamarque | Reuters
Barack Obama
Timing is everything. And President Obama has made a timing mistake that threatens to damage his legacy for many years to come.

This has already been the busiest and most tumultuous transition period in modern American history. Donald Trump has been uncharacteristically active for a President-elect, making deals with individual companies to keep jobs in the U.S., making several highly controversial cabinet choices, and continuing to tweet and speak out with brash regularity.

Of course, President Obama has been uncharacteristically active for an outgoing president too. He's breaking records for the sheer number of pardons and commuted sentences he's ordered, especially for Americans still imprisoned for non-violent drug crimes. He's moving to block oil and other energy exploration in a massive swath of U.S. lands and waters. And now, the White House is announcing new sanctions and booting many Russian diplomats out of the country to retaliate against Moscow's alleged interference in the presidential election. Russia has already promised to respond with measures of its own.

This could get ugly, but each of the above actions are political positives for President Obama. They're all popular with most of the American public. As an added bonus for the Obama team and his fellow Democrats, the Russia story weakens Trump. That was clear even in the case of the usually unfiltered and sharp spoken President-elect Trump

Back
Top Bottom