NYC bus ads asking 'Leaving Islam?' cause a stir

Discussion in 'World Affairs' started by Ghareeb_Da_Baal, May 27, 2010.

Share This Page

1. Kikki

Kikki BANNED

New Recruit

Ratings:
    +0 / 17 / -0
    Trolling will start lol
  2. Black Widow

Black Widow SENIOR MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0 / 4,348 / -2

I don't think there is anything wrong in her advertisement.. It is widely heard that if some one leave Islam, he/she is threatened (One of so called Islam scholar Zakir Naik find leaving Islam as treason and he advocate death for treason)...

This lady is giving refuse to the ppl who want to leave Islam.. She is not saying that "You Leave Islam", She is just offering the refuse and safety.

(What a Muslim will do if some Cristian accept Islam??? I think he will do the same)

She wants to stop islamization of America by legal and hounurable means, she is not advocating discrimination and killing of Muslim..

The Attorney office has cleared this ad, and they believe that it is not anti Islamic or illegal...
  3. Black Widow

Ratings:
    +0 / 4,348 / -2
    Existence of religion is threat to human, Non Existence of religion will be bigger threat.. Ppl will not fear any thing, they will become corrupt, inhumane. It will be chaos all over.. Religion is like safety valve.. it make human humane...

What if there will be only one religion: Then sect will born, Muslims has many sect they fight . Hindus have many cast they too fight. Same with cristian...

Leave human, machines have cast "Autobots and Decepticons" .. :cheers:
    • Thanks Thanks x 2
  4. twoplustwoisfour

twoplustwoisfour FULL MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0 / 853 / -0

Not really. Religion is like a hypocritical check. Half the people obey it, and half don't. If there is no religion, then everyone will be at par, be it in terms of corruption or 'inhumanity' as you term it
  5. Black Widow

Ratings:
    +0 / 4,348 / -2
    Fear and respect for a particular religion prevent us from doing many unethical things.. the bad people don't have fear of god... Now you may ask me Terrorists are highly religious then why they are inhumane... the answer would be "This is how they saw there religion, they are what they chose to be"

for a person having fear or respect in god don't do wrong thing, or I can say he try to avoid doing wrong things... Religion gives a brotherhood kind of feeling. Religion bind a group of like minded people... Infact religion was made for this purpose...

When there was no written constitution/Law religious law were use to govern a society.. The religion were isolated, people were happily following there religion. 2000 year ago Cristianity born, then started the conversion, They tried to convert, other tried to defend.... and then came the big religious war... the religion start loosing its significance...
  6. JonAsad

JonAsad ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0 / 17,798 / -0
    With out the fear of Judgement Day- or Karma- and uncertainty of what will happen when one will die- It will lead to Anarchy-
  7. jdme

jdme SENIOR MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0 / 488 / -0
    Ahem...I don't believe in God and yet I am not out there destroying humanity. On the other hand, many religious people do. If you need religion and fear of God to live a decent life, something is very wrong with you.
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. JonAsad

JonAsad ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0 / 17,798 / -0
    What you believe in then?- The system? The government?- Which man made laws you follow?- Can you see them?- Or its just the faith you chose to have in them- but not God?-
  9. Black Widow

Ratings:
    +0 / 4,348 / -2

Not believing in any religion is the religion which you believe... Religion doesn't mean hindu-muslim or xians... Naturalist is also religion... In hinduism there are few stream who don believe in normal hindu practice, rather they believe in nature... Your religion can be paganism... Again don't confuse paganism with idol worship or nature worship...

In very short I can say religion is a believe , a law (Written, oral, natural or humane) , a system. I am sure you believe in these things. If you believe in thiese things, you are religious, only difference is ,your religion is different than my religion...
  10. jdme

jdme SENIOR MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0 / 488 / -0
    I am not a naturalist. I don't practice anything. I just don't care about these things.
  11. BelligerentPacifist

BelligerentPacifist SENIOR MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0 / 1,068 / -0
    Hello,nice to meet another neonate on the forum. How about you tell us a little about yourself rather than resurrect 14-months-old threads! The latter is behaviour suspiciously close to trolling:)
  12. jdme

jdme SENIOR MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0 / 488 / -0
    I have some faith in humanity. Seeing man made laws? I don't understand what you are saying. I cannot see gravity but it's not a "man-made" law. What is God by the way? I cannot actually "believe" something if I don't even understand it! This probably best describes me: Apatheism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
  13. Black Widow

Ratings:
    +0 / 4,348 / -2
    Naturalist don't dance around tree and sing "Jhinga la-la hooo" or wear Lion mask and perform lion dance. Naturalists are those who believe in natural phenomenon, they believe in humanity , they believe in basic human behavior (Love rage, hate). they can believe in man made law (constitution).. look it into broader sense , yo will realize that you too believe in something..

What is religion ?? Its mere believe.. The day one Muslim reject believe in allah or koran he is no more muslim, same with other religion..

It will never happen that one will stop believing in anything....
  14. Cheetah786

Cheetah786 PDF VETERAN

Ratings:
    +1 / 5,318 / -3
    Pakistan
    Please for future when you make a post like this make sure you don't give these bigots Advertisement they crave including removing there web adresses.
  15. Loki

Loki ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +6 / 11,048 / -0
    Bangladesh
    Religion can be like a business in America :D

Interesting times!