What's new

NYC bus ads asking 'Leaving Islam?' cause a stir

That ad will make people research more about Islam..
After "nao geyara" 25-30,000 with-in the period of 12 months reverted back to Islam. Let her try it in her genius way.

I googled this David Yerushalmi, P.C. (sharia legal expert) guy and what I found was quiet interesting. The dude who is helping in the case is a renowned Zionist who even the common jews hate. He has nothing better to do but to conteniously sue Muslim Group CARE. From his own Law firms website.
The Law Offices of David Yerushalmi P.C. specialize in trial and appellate litigation – The Law Offices of David Yerushalmi – Recent News
Also the above article is from a jewish website.

DAVID YERUSHALMI: DEVOUT JEWISH FASCIST

I don’t use that term lightly because it’s thrown around all too easily by those with extreme ideological agendas. In order to understand why I’ve used it hear you must read Larry Cohler Esses’ second in a series on the efforts to open the Khalil Gibran Academy, a New York public school dedicated to teaching Arab language and culture. Larry’s first piece focussed on the involvement of Campus Watch in the successful campaign to unseat Debbie Almontaser as school principal; and its overall efforts to destroy the school.

In his second article he focuses on the Brooklyn group, Stop the Madrassa, behind the local campaign to derail the school. The erstwhile leader of the group is not a Brooklyn local and not even a New Yorker. In fact, he was originally a Ukrainian Jew who emigrated to the U.S. in the 1980s. [UPDATE: David Yerushalmi was NOT born in the Ukraine. His ancestors were. He was born in the U.S. and did not emigrate here. My error was due to a misunderstanding of something my informant wrote to me about Yerushalmi's background.] He ended up in Los Angeles where he worked as a junior associate for my friend, Dean Hansell. Dean, who is an extremely mild and decent man not known to speak ill of many, knew Yerushalmi then as David Beychok and called him “very conservative.” If anything, this was an understatement as Larry makes clear:

A key leader of the group opposing a new, Arab-focused public school in Brooklyn is a virulent opponent of a democratic Jewish state who denounces “Zionist Israel” and calls on it to “cast off the yoke of liberal democracy.”

Stop the Madrassa leader David Yerushalmi also condemns democracy in the United States and, in comments that evoke classical anti-Semitic stereotypes, says he finds truth in the view that Jews “destroy their host nations like a fatal parasite.”

Stop the Madrassa and other critics seeking to derail the opening of the Khalil Gibran school, set for next month, have charged that the school’s advisory board includes radical Islamists.

Now, Yerushalmi’s comments have raised concerns about Stop the Madrassa’s own leadership by some of its own advisory members.
Yerushalmi, a national advisory board member, counsel and de facto treasurer for Stop the Madrassa, wrote regarding conservative criticism of Israel, Zionism and Jews: “Much of what drives it is true and accurate.” Conservatives’ primary “critique,” he said, “is that the Jews of the modern age are the most radical, aggressive and effective of the liberal Elite.”

“One must admit readily that the radical liberal Jew is a fact of the West and a destructive one,” he wrote. “Indeed, Jews in the main have turned their backs on the belief in G-d and His commandments as a book of laws for a particular and chosen people.”

In Israel, he said, other than the ultra-Orthodox, “Most Israelis are raging Leftists, and this includes the so-called nationalists who found a home in the ‘right-wing’ Likud political bloc or one of the other smaller and more marginal right wing parties.”

In a message to a pro-Israel rally last June he asked: “What interest does America have in a strong Israel? If your answer is democracy in a liberal or western sense, know you have sided with the Palestinians of Hamas.”

You tell me…is this guy a fascist or what? This may be one of the rare times when using that term is actually totally accurate and apt.
So how does Daniel Pipes feel about getting into bed with reptiles like Yerushalmi. Oh, he’s terribly concerned with how it might look:
Asked if, in light of Yerushalmi’s background, Stop the Madrassa might be harboring extremists among its own leadership, Daniel Pipes, another member of its national advisory board, said “These are troubling statements and raise questions about my serving on the same board as Mr. Yerushalmi. I shall be looking into the matter.”
We await with bated breath Pipes’ decision on whether he will continue being associated with someone who is actually even more extreme, racist and hateful than he himself is (and that’s tough to do).
Another Stop the Madrassa board member wasn’t put off by Yerushalmi’s overt racism:
Jeff Wiesenfeld, a former aide to ex-Gov. Pataki, who also serves on the group’s advisory board…also drew a distinction between Yerushalmi’s views and the outlook of some of the school’s supporters. Yerushalmi, he said, had expressed “a Jewish supremacist type of thought” — one he rejects — “but nowhere in those quotes did I hear him advocating violence or harm to anyone,” as words like intifada and jihad do.

I see. Yerushalmi renounces democracy, embraces Jewish supremacism (that’s a nice way of saying Kahanism or Jewish racism) but he’s still OK unless he puts an axe in some Arab’s head. But Debbie Almontaser, who has been a devout student of the ADL’s multicultural programming and worked tirelessly at reaching out to New York’s Jewish community in building support for the school–she’s the one who espouses violence because she explained the meaning of a word on a T-shirt. Is this feeble-minded rhetoric of what.
I originally heard about Yerushalmi from a law partner of Dean’s in Washington, D.C. who was involved in interfaith work with Arabs, Jews and Christians. A Falls Church imam discovered that Yerushalmi had sent people to “infiltrate” his mosque in order to prove that it supported radical jihad. Dean’s colleague asked me what I knew about him and sent me to Yerushalmi’s website, SANE. I thought I’d heard of many of the Jewish right-wing extremists out there. But I hadn’t heard of this one. At his site, I learned some wonderful things: That Bill O’Reilly is a “secular progressive” and Sean Hannity “”participates in the destruction of America’s national existence.” That worship of Islam in the U.S. should be illegal.
Crackpot? Sure. Harmless? No. Daniel Pipes and David Yerushalmi have hijacked Jewish-Arab relations in New York City and made a huge splash in the media. They are not ineffectual extremists with no following. They are a force to be reckoned with and the fact that the organized Jewish community does not recognize this and combat it speaks volumes about its own lack of leadership in this area.

David Yerushalmi: Devout Jewish Fascist | Tikun Olam-???? ????: Make the World a Better Place

This ad is rather stupid and moronic and is clearly more of a propaganda tactic rather than where the person actually wants to help another person.

I like the add in britian more lol

article-1106924-02F61967000005DC-21_468x286.jpg

We shouldnt wory it nothing but explains american and other western countries height of desparation .... they are afraid of growing popularity of Islam.

EjazR told me that there is no death punishment in Islam if someone want to leave it.

In a way its good; Islam really needs to get rid of those who are following it for the namesake. There are many who are called Muslims or viewed as Muslims by others only because they were born to Muslim parents; such folks have no respect for Islam nor do they follow it. Ideally, this add should have come from some Muslim organization for those who want to quit Islam. That way both will get rid of their misery, the half hearted namesake followers, and to greater extent, the religion Islam itself. The Islamic Scholars argue that once a person is entered in Islam, he/she must not leave Islam and if attempted, he/she will be declared 'murtid' and sentenced to death according to Sharia. I think this concept needs to be revised and those who want to leave, must be encouraged to do so. Islam does not need sheer number of followers, Islam needs good quality followers, who follow Islam in its real spirit as described in Quran and Hadith.

Typically proselytizing focuses on advertising ones own faith, not denigrating another. This tactic is obviously focused on just 'leaving Islam', there is no mention of another faith that the people advertizing would like Muslims to convert to. Even at that it would not have been offensive had it not denigrated the religion by talking about 'fatwa on your head' and 'family threatening you'.

The ads are essentially designed to propagate derogatory stereotypes and insult/attack Islam - I see no proselytizing going on here.

EjazR told me that there is no death punishment in Islam if someone want to leave it.

The person you quoted belongs to different Islamic school of thought, it is not applicable to all sects.

If one says something, does not mean that it is applicable to all Muslims, do remember that there 70+ sects of Islam with clear differences.

This selective quotation causes all to be put under one group when they are clearly not.

I wrote "Islamic scholars argue. ...", whereas I could have also written "Islam says. ..." or "Sharia laws says. ....". The word 'argue' itself is an indicative of the issue of "'murtid and its punishment" debatable. It was written in pretty simple English and you should had no problem understanding it. In fact what little I know about Quran and Hadith, this kind of punishment was never suggested or advocated. My understanding is, this (the Punishment) was used as a politico-religious tool by Muslim conquerors to intimidate and keep in line the fresh converts, who converted to Islam to avoid to pay 'jizya' or to gain related benefits of being a Muslim. The idea was to make sure that once people are converted to Islam, they should never be able to revert back if and when a 'favorable' time comes such as when Spain was taken back from Moors.

At any rate, I believe that the namesake-Muslims should have all the liberty, in fact, they should be highly encouraged to leave Islam ASAP. There should also be a dedicated 'fund' for such converts and if they need some monetary compensation for this 'great service' of quitting Islam for good, they should be.

Tu na mit jye ga Iran key mit jaaney sey
Nasha e mey to taaluq nahiN paimney sey
Hey ayaN yurush e Tatar key afsaaney sey
PasbaaN mil gye Kaabey ko sanamkhaney sey

Last edited:
Yes the best answer to it is mitti pao .
The beauty of our religion Islam, the more they try to suppress it the more will it grow.And inshaallah it will keep growing in the whole world.

Yes the best answer to it is mitti pao .
The beauty of our religion Islam, the more they try to suppress it the more will it grow.And inshaallah it will keep growing in the whole world.

Well certainly there is no need to start riots or ban this and that over these ads, but there is a need to point out exactly what these ads are doing, and it is not proselytizing, but a deliberate attempt to denigrate Islam and spread anti-Islam sentiment based on derogatory stereotypes.

If you don't counter hatemongers, then the message of the hatemongers will gain traction.

You need propaganda to kill propaganda. Thats the only way its done. The type of propaganda that is brought forward is the question. You can easily cement their propaganda by actions and speeches which we most often do. The forum members here are a bleak voice of their former nation in most cases.

Typically proselytizing focuses on advertising ones own faith, not denigrating another. This tactic is obviously focused on just 'leaving Islam', there is no mention of another faith that the people advertizing would like Muslims to convert to. Even at that it would not have been offensive had it not denigrated the religion by talking about 'fatwa on your head' and 'family threatening you'.

The ads are essentially designed to propagate derogatory stereotypes and insult/attack Islam - I see no proselytizing going on here.

but intended outcome of the ad is conversion. Plus where is ad denigrating Islam?

but intended outcome of the ad is conversion. Plus where is ad denigrating Islam?
Conversion naturally involve introspection and that lead to a conclusion that one's current moral foundation is inadequate. For Islamists, the idea that Islam could be 'inferior' to another religion is offensive.

Bah!! Who cares? Why do you people get hyper over irrelevant things? There are a million websites or groups that mock different religions or beliefs, if we start getting offended over every one of them, we would have a serious problem. Learn to ignore it.

Conversion to what?

Typically when one wants someone to convert, they promote the faith they want people to convert to.

The add is denigrating Islam by associating derogatory stereotypes about 'fatwas' and 'violence' with Islam and calling for people to leave Islam (to what we do not know from the ad).

Back
Top Bottom