What's new

NUST vs GIK

mourning sage

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
its really difficult to find information about Pakistani unis.
I want to do mechanical engineering. is GIK better or NUST?
Is Karachi Nust better or the one in Islamabad?

B/w the nust of isl and karachi, definitely Islamabad, much better.

GIKI is a very good uni as well though.

Nust is better if u r studing in EME and also fees of nust is much low as compared to GIKI

Nust is better

GIK is just 2nd to nust.though expensive compared to NUST

Nust is better

GIK is just 2nd to nust.though expensive compared to NUST

on what grounds are you comparing the two?
i heard that GIK has a pretty good reputation in the job market and that GIK mechanical eng. is one of the best and at par with the course offered in US.

Both are good, I selected NUST because its in my city

In Nust you have 3 options

You can do it from PNEC Karachi or you can do it from EME Rawalpindi or from the newly built SMME H-12 Islamabad

The degree you will receive will have the name NUST but I think SMME is the best option right now, Its teachers are good. Its Lab are new. Some ppl might say its new :blah::blah: but Nust has hired good experienced teachers. So if you have the choice I recommend SMME H-12. Fees is 60600/ semester + hostel charges

and in NUST vs GIKI there is no clear winner. Many companies prefer students of both unis but you cant say NUST students are preferred over GIKI students and vice versa. Many ppl will say NUST ranking is this and GIKI ranking is this but companies don't give a **** about ranking.

GIKI fees is much higher than NUST. Its lifestyle is also different. Societies etc in GIKI are much more active than they are in NUST.

on what grounds are you comparing the two?
i heard that GIK has a pretty good reputation in the job market and that GIK mechanical eng. is one of the best and at par with the course offered in US.

yar this comparison is nothing, NUST is the only uni in the Pakistan to be in top 100 Asian unis ( QS )

DO try PIEAS. Its also good ( ranked 1 by HEC )

yar this comparison is nothing, NUST is the only uni in the Pakistan to be in top 100 Asian unis ( QS )

Thn wish me luck im gonna attempt NBS test in august :)

and what about research opportunities? is nust a research oriented college? and what program are you enrolled in?

Back
Top Bottom