What's new

NUCLEAR WEAPONS- A FALSE SENSE OF SECURITY

GUNS-N- ROSES

Reaction score
The news has finally come. Pakistan is reportedly fifth largest nuclear power in the world. Much ahead of india and britain. As i read the post, i witnessed many pakistani celebrating this achievement. But is it really an achievement? Do nuclear weapons really give us sense of security?

In reality, the answer is no. nuclear weapons are useless in fight against terrorism/naxalism/extremism. obviously, one cant strike LeT/TTP with nuclear weapons. Terrorism/Naxalism are main challenges for india and pakistan in coming years. i dare say, for india the threat from naxalism is far greatre then threat from pakistan. for pakistan, the threat of extremism/terrorism is far greatre then threat from india.

So if u cant use nuclear weapons against this threats, then wat is the use of having so many nuclear weapons. Or is it the countries have jus forgotten the concept of minimum nuclear deterrence. Pakistan reportedly has approximately 110 nuclear weapons. but is it much safer now? was the security much lesser wen it had just 30-40 nuclear weapons. india couldnt attack pakistan wen it had jus 20 nuclear weapons (early 90s figure) so wats the use of having 110 and still continuing production. Wat is really needed sufficient stock of fissile material which can be processed to form bombs at short notice. i think in this regard, both pakistani and indian governments have gone wrong.

There is no chance of conventional war between india/pak/china. unconventional conflicts or LICO like kargil may occur. Pakistan thought india wouldnt attack and recapture those hills due to pakistani nuclear weapons. india rightly called the pakistani bluff and went ahead with the counter attack and re captured those heights. Did nuclear weapons give security to pak people in that context no. they only helped in keeping the war on low scale level.

I once again ask both the governments to stop producing nuclear weapons and concentrate on development and other issues which are far more challenging.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom