What's new

NSA spied on the European Union

flamer84

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
Romania
"America's NSA intelligence service allegedly targeted the European Union with its spying activities. According to SPIEGEL information, the US placed bugs in the EU representation in Washington and infiltrated its computer network. Cyber attacks were also perpetrated against Brussels in New York and Washington".

NSA Spied on European Union Offices - SPIEGEL ONLINE

Best allies ever! :hitwall::disagree:

Who is to say that EU did not do the same? Are they angels? They are the former colonists after all.

The internet comes from US, the skill of US army and Intelligence agencies is at least advanced one generation than others, NSA even disdains to monitor one or two computers but hold the backbone of others net, check all the info. Shocking is no one have perceived this, all of us info are copied but no one knows untile exposed by internal staff

Who is to say that EU did not do the same? Are they angels? They are the former colonists after all.

Innocent until proven guilty,for now all we see is the americans spying on everyone,foes or friends.Bu,hu,hu,cry me a river,i didn't know that beeing former colonists makes you a perpetual criminal.

UPDATE:I'm reading that more and more EU officials are demanding clear answers and say that if this is true it will be a "great scandal".

Martin Schulz(president of the european parliament): "This will badly dameage the relations between the EU and the USA"

Jean Asselbron,the foreign affairs minister of Luxembourg :"The US would better keep an eye on their intelligence service rather than its allies".He says that american espionage is "out of control" and that the espionage activities are justified by "the fight against terrorism.The EU and its officials are not terrorists."

European officials lash out at new NSA spying report

A top German official accused the United States on Sunday of using "Cold War" methods against its allies, after a German magazine cited secret intelligence documents to claim that U.S. spies bugged European Union offices.

Justice Minister Sabine Leutheusser-Schnarrenberger was responding to a report by German news weekly Der Spiegel, which claimed that the U.S. National Security Agency eavesdropped on EU offices in Washington, New York and Brussels. The magazine cited classified U.S. documents taken by former NSA contractor Edward Snowden that it said it had partly seen.

"If the media reports are accurate, then this recalls the methods used by enemies during the Cold War," Leutheusser-Schnarrenberger said in a statement to The Associated Press.

"It is beyond comprehension that our friends in the United States see Europeans as enemies," she said, calling for an "immediate and comprehensive" response from the U.S. government to the claims.

Other European officials demanded an explanation from the U.S.

"I am deeply worried and shocked about the allegations," European Parliament President Martin Schulz said in a statement, according to CNN. "If the allegations prove to be true, it would be an extremely serious matter which will have a severe impact on EU-US relations. On behalf of the European Parliament, I demand full clarification and require further information speedily from the U.S. authorities with regard to these allegations."

European officials lash out at new NSA spying report - CBS News

what... you folks did not learn from Vietnam , Afghanistan and Pakistan ?

This only confirms my suspicions,the americans don't trust the EU nations,maybe with the exception of the UK,and we're only beeing used like idiots to further their agenda.Our only hope are the french and the germans,the UK out of the EU,and further federalisation of Europe.Take my country for example,politicians are american puppets,they are beeing told when to bark at Russia and they bark(i'm no russian fan and i bash them when i get the chance,but i'm a private citizen,countries should act more diplomatically),we're told to buy crappy F16 and we buy 12 F16 30 years old to be "modernised"( yeah right!) instead of Saab Gripen which would come with 100% offset in our industry,further integration into the EU will take power from the hands of these clowns and put it in the hands of a grande european parliament.

and They come and saying "IRI is totalizator regime ... " while they try to even control the regular people of other nations ....

Quite shameful. Though the only silver lining out of all this is the fact security officials tracked NSA infiltration attempts as far back as 2007/8.

But anyhow, this is unacceptable. Europe should create it's own cyber warfare division, preferably with custom European designed chips and software. Also the same chips should be installed in all crucial governmental networks.

Quite shameful. Though the only silver lining out of all this is the fact security officials tracked NSA infiltration attempts as far back as 2007/8.

But anyhow, this is unacceptable. Europe should create it's own cyber warfare division, preferably with custom European designed chips and software. Also the same chips should be installed in all crucial governmental networks.

Believe me after been smack on the head, Europe is finally wake up and will prepare counter cyber-measures against U.S. Russia and China are sure already on alarm state..funny Snowden hasn't revailed anything yet about India :lol:

Believe me after been smack on the head, Europe is finally wake up and will prepare counter cyber-measures against U.S. Russia and China are sure already on alarm state..funny Snowden hasn't revailed anything yet about India :lol:

Maybe, though imo, on the outside you will see none of that. There will be lots of rage for a short period, Americans will shower themselves with ashes and guarantees of additional NSA oversight and that will be it.
But it is entirely possible Siemens and Ericsson will be getting lots of new orders from now on.....

Back
Top Bottom