What's new

Not sure if I had to create this thread

If you like 100 posts of mine i could give you sneak peek into the magical world of seniors corner :D

and why can't she do the sneak-peeking herself, without liking 100 of your posts?? :azn:

what, journalists being paid lakhs per month ( six digit )?? :o:

@Zibago , get into journalism.

and you used "package"... that's a very corporate term. :D

Well yes they are paid as such. But usually there is 25K to 35K starting in most of the good organizations while with experience it runs into lakh/lakhs thanks to Musharraf for opening up media
and with channels' influx the salaries went up sharply. I personally believe that media is corporate sector :)

what, journalists being paid lakhs per month ( six digit )?? :o:

@Zibago , get into journalism.

and you used "package"... that's a very corporate term. :D

Well yes they are paid as such. But usually there is 25K to 35K starting in most of the good organizations while with experience it runs into lakh/lakhs thanks to Musharraf for opening up media
and with channels' influx the salaries went up sharply. But still majority are getting peanuts. well I personally believe media is a corporate sector :)

But still majority are getting peanuts.

you made a second post to include that in, maybe to show that you are getting peanuts. ;)

lekin jo log pacchis watches khareedte hain wo peanuts toh nahi kamaate. :D

I am joining a software house in 4-5 months as an internee :D

I am joining a software house in 4-5 months as an internee i will make the sameamount in a few years by just sitting infront of th computer and selling final year projects to lazy folks with a lot of money :D

An 'interne' is a trainee, and it is the hateful new term used instead of 'probationer'.

An 'internee' is somebody who is 'interned', put inside an exit-proof facility, sometimes under armed guard, and not allowed to leave until a central authority decides to let the 'internee' leave.

You are probably right in choosing the spelling you did, considering where you are headed.

An 'interne' is a trainee, and it is the hateful new term used instead of 'probationer'.

An 'internee' is somebody who is 'interned', put inside an exit-proof facility, sometimes under armed guard, and not allowed to leave until a central authority decides to let the 'internee' leave.

You are probably right in choosing the spelling you did, considering where you are headed.
Woops didnt notice the typo :D

The project manager is someone i know and from my interactions with him on numerous occasions he seems like a co-operative person and people who work under him speak highly of him

Woops didnt notice the typo :D

The project manager is someone i know and from my interactions with him on numerous occasions he seems like a co-operative person and people who work under him speak highly of him

Just kidding. I was in IT from 1986 to 2007, before going into very shady territory. When I was running my own show and coding (some of the time), it was heaven. It wasn't much fun other times - too much like hard work.

The admin says, intro is kind of mandatory. So I'll try. Although I suck at it.

Hi,

1) Tell your interests
Everything except dancing and singing (and all related sciences). When I do these, people only laugh. So, I quit ages ago.

2) What do you do
I'm an environmental consultant. I tell you if you can build a dam or a bridge or a pipeline. But I take money to advise you. Obviously.

3) How did you find us
I knew you guys since long. Only found time (and decent expertise) now to join in.

4) What interests you here?
The discussion. It's better than most half-a$$ed forums out there. Way better than Facebook, I already feel like an enlightened person. Some people here are better analysts than the high-paid journalists out there in the media.

5) What is your profession?
Oh sorry. I mentioned it in the 'what do you do'. What was I supposed to write there by the way?

6) Future plans?
World Peace
Just Kidding. I'm saving to get a range rover.

Nice forum by the way! I hope I can sneak into the 'seniors cafe' some day. It makes me curious.

NUST Graduate?

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom