What's new

Gilgit Baltistan-Culture Thread

actually the most comprehensive book about the wakhi people and the pamiri people is the PAMIRIAN CROSSROADS written by hermann kreutzmann it is a result of 30 years of research of the wakhi and pamiri people..

i also found something interesting in the book which states that some wakhi origin people speaking the similar language also live in India..

If you two good people are on Facebook, I must introduce you to Sadaf Munshi. Sadaf-ji is a linguist teaching in Texas, and did her doctoral work on Burushaski. She really has a taste and a knowledge of mountain cultures, has toured Pakistan for the purpose of research, and is a noted personality in her home town Srinagar, being an accomplished painter, among other things.

actually the most comprehensive book about the wakhi people and the pamiri people is the PAMIRIAN CROSSROADS written by hermann kreutzmann it is a result of 30 years of research of the wakhi and pamiri people..

i also found something interesting in the book which states that some wakhi origin people speaking the similar language also live in India..
Must get it then...
If you two good people are on Facebook, I must introduce you to Sadaf Munshi. Sadaf-ji is a linguist teaching in Texas, and did her doctoral work on Burushaski. She really has a taste and a knowledge of mountain cultures, has toured Pakistan for the purpose of research, and is a noted personality in her home town Srinagar, being an accomplished painter, among other things.
I don't use Facebook at all, been a long time. I'll try and make a new account now.
Sadaf Munshi. Sadaf-ji is a linguist teaching in Texas, and did her doctoral work on Burushaski.
I have read some of her reports...
https://hisamullah.wordpress.com/2013/03/01/links-to-minashing-compiled-by-dr-sadaf-munshi/

Thanks for sharing culture of northern areas. Wonderful Images

Highest Waterfall of Pakistan and South Asia at 50+ Meters in Baltistan, Must Watch and Share!

Light & Fire: Centuries old Mayfang Festival being celebrated in Baltistan
page.php

Mayfang is a centuries old festival celebrated in the Baltistan region of Pakistan. The Balti people celebrate the three day festival to mark the end of the longest night of the year. People dance, celebrate and rejoice on this day, holding torches made of wood. The festival was celebrated by the locals with the support of the Government of Gilgit-Baltistan.

Liaqat Kazmi’s report from Skardu

@anant_s ,@Levina ,@shimshali ,@unleashed ,@saiyan0321

Setting and decoration are amazing ...

Back
Top Bottom