What's new

Norouz at the tomb of Cyrus the Great

not meant to interfere in iranian matters, its their own life, but should i ask, we in pakistan, bangladesh turkey etc etc gave up all our non muslim celebrations etc but its only 'islamic republic of iran' who celebrates this? isnt it hypocrisy?? and forgive me if some iranian feels offense

you are case of brain wave gone wrong. Pakistan Bangladesh Turkey and Arab countries have a rich cultural heritage, don’t try to impose your retarded ideas on to others.

forget about Iranians Sir brain surgeon, Pakistanis Bangalis and Turks would feel more offended by your ridiculous trolls.

you are case of brain wave gone wrong. Pakistan Bangladesh Turkey and Arab countries have a rich cultural heritage, don’t try to impose your retarded ideas on to others.

forget about Iranians Sir brain surgeon, Pakistanis Bangalis and Turks would feel more offended by your ridiculous trolls.
must have something to do with his Mexican heritage.

what can you say?someone so clueless about our customs is taking the liberty of commenting about Iranian customs.

Noruz is not a religious festival, dude. It's just beginning of "new year".

Nuruz = Nu (new) + Ruz (time/day/year)

beautifully explained. even a brick wall will understand because its not blinded by stubborn idiocy. I cringed at his reply but how can one blame a "Mexican" eh?

Back in school we used to have holiday on this day .. it is also bank holiday in India. Indian government declare if in honor of Parsi community "Zoroastrians".

Nice pics, I sent them to my parsee friends. Cyrus is universally considered a great king.

Its very nice to see Iranians proud of their cultural heritage. There is a stream within islam (i hope a minority) that likes to dislike everything they consider ''non islamic''. Like we had this indian minister in india who refused to inaugurate an event by lighting a lamp because its ''unislamic''. These people are difficult to be friends with.

We kept our culture because we love it,respect it and honor it and they have nothing against Islam.I don't want to offend you,but your opinion reminds me of some extremist Al Qaeda or Taliban member's ideologies.
We have celebrated Norouz for 3000 years and will continue doing it.In my Opinion kings like Cyrus,were much much and much more better of some of current Islamic countries leaders,and he was better than many of semi-Muslims in current era.

And thats what makes Iran a unique country keeping its traditions,culture and being an islamic country at same time

The most important reason I respect Iran for.

They did not let a foreign idealogy brought upon them by sword completely redefine their life,culture and instead redefined the religion to blend it with their ancient culture. :tup:

Make a movie about cyrus, but I guess I am dreaming. the west will never let the world see this great man.
all they can do is lie and lie.

alexander the gay wanted to be like this man, but he was a long long from that.
a rapists and murderer can never be like kurosh.

The most important reason I respect Iran for.

They did not let a foreign idealogy brought upon them by sword completely redefine their life,culture and instead redefined the religion to blend it with their ancient culture. :tup:
two different aspects really.
the Muslim conquest wasn't against the culture and unique Identity

it actually encouraged that and took that to next levels. see the architecture and contribution to science and arts in Europe and central Asia.

point to note is Alexander was the one who burnt down the great city of Persepolis, not the Muslim conquers. they embraced its stunning features of its architecture and its feel good festivals in addition to introducing its own Eid festival.
this is why when you and I were watching and reading the news about the Destruction of Budha statues in Afghanistan, the Iranians are queitly restoring their ancient cities and building under the current regime.

one of the many examples for you. Iranians are willing to go as far as the parts in Iraq to help restore the buildings of their ancient past.
ctesiphon_Arch_1.bmp

Iran to Restore her Ancient Palatial Capital in Mesopotamia - CAIS Archaeological & Cultural News of Iranian World©

It is unfortunate that Iran regime is keeping Pakistanis away from their own heritage!

Iran need to soften visa rules for Pakistanis... at least 7 days stay shall be allowed to any one transiting through!

It is unfortunate that Iran regime is keeping Pakistanis away from their own heritage!

Iran need to soften visa rules for Pakistanis... at least 7 days stay shall be allowed to any one transiting through!

problems of the current times. with the prospects of permanent American bases in the region things might only get worse.
I visted Iran during the 80s and I didnt have any problem getting visa and travelling from Quetta to Taftan and inside Iran was as simple and seamless as travelling within Pakistan.

I dont get what you mean bro?

are you saing you actually like persian culture??
I though you hated Iran.

Back
Top Bottom