What's new

No I don’t pray jummah

VelocuR

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Good to read.....

No I don’t pray jummah

It shames me to admit that I don’t offer my prayers. This is not because I am a non-Muslim, nor is it because I do not want to pray. Truth of the matter is that I don’t know how to offer my prayers. I am 23-years-old and I am still not sure about the number of farz, sunnat, and nafal to offer with each namaz. In the past, I have tried to cover up my ignorance by making excuses.

However, the day Shahbaz Taseer was abducted was the day I stopped hiding.

I had joined a new firm in the month of Ramazan, and was welcomed by a very religious environment. My co-workers naturally assumed that I would join them for prayer everyday, but I did not know how to pray. To hide my shame, I kept making excuses to not pray.

“I will offer my prayers at home” I sometimes said.

Other times I just skipped out during prayer timings, so as not to be cornered and questioned. When the probing got intense, I often contemplated the idea of going to the mosque and copying the actions and motions of other people. However, even though I don’t know how to pray, I am still a Muslim. Being a hypocrite in a mosque just did not sit right with me.

So there I was alone in the office at jummah namaz time when my eye suddenly caught sight of the words ‘Taseer’ and ‘abducted’ on the online newspaper. I stiffened in my chair as I read the tragic news that Shahbaz Taseer has been abducted. I conveyed this news to my colleagues as soon as they returned from jummah namaz, expecting an uproar and a fervent discussion. However, all I got was:

“Who is he?”

Salmaan Taseer’s son, I replied dumbfounded.

I could not solicit a greater response than “acha”, “hmmm” and “maybe you are taking his abduction too seriously.” One of my colleagues stated that dozens of people get kidnapped everyday to which I replied that this was a high profile case and and can be related to Salmaan Taseer’s murder. He, however replied:

“Salmaan Taseer was rightfully killed as he was ghustakh e Rasool and Qadri is ghazi.“

Appalled, I replied that all Salmaan Taseer did was question the law made and passed by the parliament of Pakistan, not Allah or his Messenger.

This was, apparently, the wrong thing to say.

I realized that I made everyone in the room very angry. I had to say something to cool things down. I was getting evil stares and fierce looks. A young man sitting in the room wanted to say something but decided to let the deathly silence prevail. I had to say something in my defense – anything. But what could I say? I wasn’t sure about any Quranic surahs, or ayats. I started questioning myself. Did I say something against Allah or the Holy Prophet (Pbuh)? No. This made me feel a little better.

At length, one of the two bearded men in the room stated:

”Do you even know what Salmaan Taseer said on TV?”

The other bearded man immediately voiced his opinion by stating that Shahbaz Taseer has been rightfully abducted as his father was a blasphemer.

To this I just had to reply:

“On every forum he only questioned this man-made law. Never did he question Allah’s or the Prophet’s authority.”

The elder bearded intellectual went on to quote several verses from Quran which calls for a blasphemer to be killed. I am no authority of Islam; I was trying to prove my point by stating what I learnt in my O’ level Islamiat class – what Islam actually stands for.

However, I was interrupted by an allegation that made my cheeks flame red. The younger bearded man stood up, pointed his finger at me, and shaking in rage, he stated:

“You are a blasphemer! Anyone who supports a blasphemer is also a blasphemer!”

After his allegation had sunk in, I made one last move to defend myself. I calmly stated that I was arguing over one man-made law. This has nothing to do with the Shariah.

The elder bearded man dismissed my speech and interrupted me by saying:

“He doesn’t even offer prayers. Forget about him. There’s a lot of work to be done.”

I was shocked. How are prayers related to blasphemy? Where does the Quran say that one who doesn’t know how to pray is a blasphemer? For the remainder of the day I was ignored; no goodbyes or Allah hafiz’s were exchanged with me. There was no conversation whatsoever.

I was very upset when I got home. I watched some TV, ate my dinner and went to bed. However, I just couldn’t sleep. I kept thinking about why my praying or not praying is so important to other people. There are more pressing issues such as ethnic violence, abduction, murder, looting, floods, dengue, and so many more. Yet, why are people so bothered about my praying habits?

It was then that I realised that I am answerable to God alone, and social pressures should not be the only reason I should offer my prayers. I, thus, made the decision that I will nott offer excuses any more - I won’t lie. Praying is something personal an no one has the right to judge a matter that should be judged by Allah alone. God will punish me if He so desires. The people who work at my office do not have the right to tag me as a non-believer.

August 26 was, thus, the last day I made an excuse for not offering prayers. Now, if the question of my namaz ever pops up, I politely reply that it is my personal matter.

I understand that I need to make an effort to learn how to offer prayers, and I am trying my best to do so. However, I am not comfortable with people pushing me to do what they want me to do and be what they want me to be. I don’t want to learn how to pray to save myself of the embarrassment that others instil in me. I want to learn how to pray because I love Allah.

No I don’t pray jummah – The Express Tribune Blog

this blog reminds me of a joke.
ustaad shagird say....kall school kioon nahi aaey
shaagird......sir aapnay hi to kaha tha smoking perhaee kay liey achee nahi...
smoking to main nahee choor sakaa..main ney parhai chor dee.

^^ well said,

ET has a lot annoyed me

---------- Post added at 04:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:42 AM ----------

what a bullshitt article, if he loves allah, he cant make some time to learn how to pray, even he knows the methods dont matter, intention matters, even if he prays with some mistakes its ok, he will learn, ET blogs annoy me so much, no intelligence in these writters

Silly blog. It's not the guy doesn't know how to pray but doesn't want to pray. A poor promotion of secularism again.

Is this guy a retard? Everything is available online. It is so easy to learn how to pray these days. Theres online videos. And number of farz, sunnat, nafal for each prayer can also be found out with internet, thats if you really want to learn how to pray and want to find out how many farz, sunnat, nafal you read in each prayer.

I feel sorry for these people they think its cool to act non-muslim. Retards!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Non Muslims are not traditionally bound to any rules , while a lean punishment makes sens , a death penalty or similar does not makes any sense.

Because in Prophet's own time, he was abused and faced difficult times yet he forgave all people with in his power

So if on one hand the prophet himself excused the people who made fun of him , then similarly we should also follow some form of justified sense of justice

But I find it silly that the gentleman is associating his prayer habits to what happened in the gathering as these are two separate matter

A Muslim who can't pray is indeed quite shameful , and he should look to educate himself

But its intriguing that the masses , took up his weakness (his prayer habits) and discredited his thinking and logical aspects of his arguments.

A person could not pray but still be more logical then a prayer abiding person

The real issue is simply , he needs to get help and learn to pray , and secondly he should state his intentions openly as if the law has flaws these should be corrected.

I am a firm believer that Mr Teaser , was probably not one of the most noblest of people he probably suffered due to his playboy life style (fancy sun glasses etc and all the other stuff that goes with life of being a high profile person)

But Killing a person was a bit too much over the board , and unnecessary evil

A more nobel approach would have been to vote on the matter, and let people vote to keep the lay or change the law

Most basic principles of Islam is "Muslim should not kill and specially not kill other Muslims"

Reference:
>Prophet's visit to Tabouk region in early days of Islam
An angel was sent to ask if he should punish the natives by bringing an earth quake
to which prophet stated no , his reasoning was what if someone in future arose from the
ranks of these people who did alot for Muslim cause, and as it turned out a Muslim general did
emerge from the same city which later turned to Muslim

>Life of Prophet during early days in Mecca (Mostly our text in schools cover 1-3% of that in books) but if you review more detailed aspects , life was quite harsh for early Muslim converts

>Social Boycott by Mecca natives to Prophet's family and when they had to live outside in caves
as local people refused to do business with Muslims and forced them out of Mecca for good period

Plus there are numerous examples where he was abused face to face yet he never acted with hate towards people who disliked or hated him

If prophet can forgive the Meccan natives , and they became Muslims there after , then why should we in present feel that killing is justified even for a "anomaly leader such as Mr Teaser"

This just goes to prove that only non-muslims and anti-islam people support Salman Taseer and his kunjar family. Never heard a Muslim who prays supporting Taseer.

I pray! Why? When I did a whole bunch of awful stuff in my life, the only time I felt at peace was when I would go pray Jumaa, and donate to members of the mosque that needed help with their families ect. I can admit to everyone that I did not know how to pray till I was twelve years old. I would fake praying just as many people do. All I knew was that if you are Muslim, you have to pray at least Jumaa. I would go and by watching people I have learned. The most important part of namaaz is niyatt(intention). If you pray incorrectly there is no problem. The thing I find funny is that even though some people know their namaz properly, they go with the ill intentions of showing off. If you are trying, and really love and fear Allah swt, I don't believe you will be ignored.

Also I would like to add that I am a 5 time person. I don't do it to show off and make other people that don't pray feel like crap. I do it because it brings me peace, and ultimately when you die nobody will be there to answer to the creator. The only person that will be there is me. I am concerned about myself, and Allah swt is not going to ask about what your friends/neighbors/co-workers did, but he will only ask you did.

Sometimes the , notion of quick access to heavens is what entices people , and unfortunately , its stated very clearly those who take life of another human being (while not being in self defend mode) they can't enter any heaven , its well documented how sinful it is to kill someone

I am pretty positive I read it that its also recommended that a Muslim never even withdraw their swords first (if matter can be resolved with non violence)

Case 1 :
One one hand we have a person who prays 5 times a day , does his fasting , and haj and pays taxes (Zakaat) - he she is part of society , social culture and something called Haqooq Al Ibad rights of people I believe (Parents, family, wife , neighbors , society etc)

Case 2:
On other we have a guy , who steals electricity , never prays or prays now and then , and hardly ever fasts , and never gives any donation and then he kills someone and expects to go to Heavens

There are unfortunately no short cuts in Islam , you need to work hard , there is no quick fix fast means to be in heaven - yes Allah can allow you in heaven even for 1 simple act of his choosing we don't know but certainly killing someone is not one of them

Though I myself am Muslim who used to pray alot and namaz very devoted to Allah (Subhana Wa Talah). Later, I slowly stop praying because Muslims today want to kill other Muslims in the name of religion, it make me sick and the great example revenge religions groups is Pakistan...itself (Islamic country.)

Today, Muslims willing to do sucide bombing, hateful, revengeful, mullah extremists, Aamir Liaquat/Junaid Jamshed fakes, Qadri, and everything bad impressions terrorists. The point of this article is saying he doesn't need to follow other people but he can show his love for Allah (SWT). It is between him and God, not people business.

Though I myself am Muslim who used to pray alot and namaz very devoted to Allah (Subhana Wa Talah). Later, I slowly stop praying because Muslims today want to kill other Muslims in the name of religion, it make me sick and the great example revenge religions groups is Pakistan...itself (Islamic country.)

Today, Muslims willing to do sucide bombing, hateful, revengeful, mullah extremists, Aamir Liaquat/Junaid Jamshed fakes, Qadri, and everything bad impressions terrorists. The point of this article is saying he doesn't need to follow other people but he can show his love for Allah (SWT). It is between him and God, not people business.

Man raptor you need help bro. Most Muslims are not like this at all. Even in Pakistan, the tabliki jamat never enforces their views upon people, even though they could. Have you ever thought about what you have wanted out of your life and what you wanted yourself to do? Perhaps, this is a time for you to reevaluate who you are as a person and what is your maqsad(purpose)?

Well every one has their own path to follow but its stated clearly

"The good deeds you do when you are youthful , and young , bear far greater benefits as oppose to the deeds you do when you are lets say 80 years old and when you know you have few years to live "

And part of the challenge is of course , to be the voice (the educated voice to bring some sense to chaos that is going in Pakistan)
and that is possible when educated scholars or educated people will take genuine interest

But if one says that they don't pray due to acts happening in Pakistan , well these are totally irrelevant and different topics
when you pray you pray for your own salvation end of your life or anyone's for that matter.

After death there won't any nationalist sentiments , there won't even be an earth the first question one will be asked will be about prayers (And each one of us eventually finds the best time to find answers when we feel we are emotionally ready )

The time we live in of course we associated the Mullahs or groups with certain population with certain level of education level or status in society but there was a time not long ago when the top "EDUCATED" class were all scholars , and they did the greatest research of its time , and in libraries Evey of world. They all prayed because when you pray its only for your own-self.

And we all have our own path to follow in life

Perhaps lack of good role models is what you mean is missing in current crop of "certain mullah" groups but again , its due to low level of Education in Pakistan. If we had 99% educated class the quality of understanding and enlightenment would be 1000% more and we would not be debating over silly aspects

PS: Allah does not asks to write news articles he has commanded Muslims to pray 5 times a day
bare minimum takes 5 minutes at most :P but the challenge is will you come up with excuses
or would you make that extra effort - and this extra effort is what defines you as a human

Here are some other fascinating things that can be done in 5 minutes

a) You can put your clothes on in 5 minutes
b) You can put your meal from your fridge on to your tables with clean plates in 5 minutes
c) A song by Pop singer is ironically about 5 minutes long and there is nothing wrong with music
d) In 5 minutes you can make a omelet
e) You can run 400 meter in 4 minutes quite easy jog
f) You can stack your PS3 games in nice orderly fashion in 5 minutes
g) A person day dreams about winning big and making big all the time 5-10 minutes all day

As for the Rock stars , like Junaid Jumshaid, well I know but they just decided it was right for them to spend 90% of their time with religion its their own personal choice , most people normally are happy with 30% commitment and rest is spent with family and work

From Mathematical point of view

How many minutes in Day 1440
How many prayers x time 5 x 5 = 25 min max (4 minutes if you pray in speed mode)

That is 1.73% of your day time !!! Only ... Just 1 %
99% of time you can do what ever your heart desires

Spend it with friends, family , go bike riding , school , watch cricket foot ball, Make money etc

One prays for him or herself. All other things are irrelevant.

Also raptor, and many others! Once you start to pray five times a day, it doesn't take you more than five minutes!

Back
Top Bottom