What's new

No compromise on army’s dignity: COAS

Dawood Ibrahim

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
ISLAMABAD: Calling the Pakistan Army a great institution, General Qamar Javed Bajwa on Thursday vowed to uphold its ‘dignity and credibility’ through ‘selfless performance of our role and duties.’

General Qamar made these remarks during a visit to Jhelum and the Kharian Garrison, where he was given a detailed briefing on operational preparedness at the Headquarters Central Command, according to Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR).

The military’s media wing would not provide the context of Gen Qamar’s remarks but sources said he was responding to questions raised by army officers during the interactive session.

According to the sources, some of the officers drew Gen Qamar’s attention towards the recent statement by Punjab Law Minister Rana Sanaullah questioning the effectiveness of military courts to curb terrorism. The army chief reportedly was also asked about the status of investigation into the controversial ‘fabricated’ news story published by Dawn in October last year.

Responding to those questions, sources said Gen Qamar made it clear that the army would not compromise on its dignity and credibility.

Since Gen Qamar took over command of the army, there was a hope that the civil-military relationship would improve. But the government’s handling of some of the issues, including rumours about the appointment of former army chief Gen (retd) Raheel Sharif, may not auger well for a smooth working relationship with the military. These developments could be the possible reason behind Gen Qamar’s statement vowing not to compromise on the ‘dignity and credibility’ of the army.

Speaking to Kharian Garrison officers, the army chief appreciated them for their contributions in counter-terrorism operations as part of Operation Zarb-e-Azb. He paid rich tributes to the “shuhada (martyrs) and injured who have rendered sacrifices for our beloved country.”

Gen Qamar also visited the Para Ranges at Jhelum and witnessed concluding session of the Army Firing Competition. A total of 667 military and civilian shooters from across the country participated in the four-week long event. A special feature of the event was the participation of 86 war-wounded officers and soldiers in the competition, said the military’s media wing.

Appreciating their performance, the army chief said that with more focused preparation, our teams should excel to represent Pakistan in international events.

Published in The Express Tribune, January 13th, 2017.

No actions ... We are tired of this seesaw game ... It seems like everyone care about himself only ...

COAS staff is not responsible for Army's dignity but also for dignity of Pakistan and dignity of common man when he took an oath ...

In courts our beloved payment is making fun of law and emotions and dignity of common people and army chief is concerned about dignity of his own institution ...

Our PM is corrupt (don't tell me he is not as not prooved otherwise Zardari is the most innocent man who was in jail for 13 years without any crime) ... Our whole government machinery is working on bribery ... Our foriegn policy is based on personal relationships ... Our police is the biggest looters, decoit and ghundas of their respective areas ... and the only institution on which most of the common man trust army is concerned about his own image only ...

Its a warning to all concerned ,,, be afraid from days when general public lost faith in army as well ... I remember at the time of dharnas there were 10 of thousands of people filled with anger outside gate of parliment but stopped on request of 3 to 4 army persons ... the day we loose faith on you this country will be no more to be saved from India ...

Criminals should be treated like criminals be a common man, be me, be a big industrialist or the PM of Pakistan ... our curt of law should be turned into court of justice by any cost otherwise no one will save our beloved Pakistan from destruction from within ....

No actions ... We are tired of this seesaw game ... It seems like everyone care about himself only ...

COAS staff is not responsible for Army's dignity but also for dignity of Pakistan and dignity of common man when he took an oath ...

In courts our beloved payment is making fun of law and emotions and dignity of common people and army chief is concerned about dignity of his own institution ...

Our PM is corrupt (don't tell me he is not as not prooved otherwise Zardari is the most innocent man who was in jail for 13 years without any crime) ... Our whole government machinery is working on bribery ... Our foriegn policy is based on personal relationships ... Our police is the biggest looters, decoit and ghundas of their respective areas ... and the only institution on which most of the common man trust army is concerned about his own image only ...

Its a warning to all concerned ,,, be afraid from days when general public lost faith in army as well ... I remember at the time of dharnas there were 10 of thousands of people filled with anger outside gate of parliment but stopped on request of 3 to 4 army persons ... the day we loose faith on you this country will be no more to be saved from India ...

Criminals should be treated like criminals be a common man, be me, be a big industrialist or the PM of Pakistan ... our curt of law should be turned into court of justice by any cost otherwise no one will save our beloved Pakistan from destruction from within ....

How i wish that your words could change the mind set of our leaders

Start counting.....

How i wish that your words could change the mind set of our leaders

Brother this is the mirror ... I failed to understand why they can't see the future ... we are on destruction course ... Zardari is back ... no conclusion on Dr. Asim and Dollar girl ... Sharjeel Memon is enjoying the looted money ... On the other hand PMLN business empire is growing at tremendous speed ... PTI whole policy seems to be based on bashing NS ... They have no plans no ground works to eliminate basic issues ... I can still see the promises of converting governor house in a library ... and billion tree project ... All just came to be popular election campaign ...

On the other side establishment is behaving stupid ... They can force judiciary to take right decision for Musharraf then why can't they force judiciary for right decision for general public ??? every can loot us in the name of laws of the land ... The tax I am paying is higher than most of the parliamentarian yet I cannot enjoy a fraction of life style they are leaving ... WTF is this ??? And then they talk about brain drain etc ...

I could have choosen to go outside Pakistan ... I had actual offers 6 times higher than what I was getting at the time when I was already had handsome income ... I choose to serve my country coz I love to ... But these morons ....

Never in the history things were so simple to set an example of punishing powerful criminals ... Financial crimes are not easy to hide ... You can easily punish Dr. Asim and NS ... If we cant even punish dollar girls who caught red handed with the money then what good is this justice system is ... Close all this judiciary and gov institutions and let the rule of jungle prevail ...

Brother this is the mirror ... I failed to understand why they can't see the future ... we are on destruction course ... Zardari is back ... no conclusion on Dr. Asim and Dollar girl ... Sharjeel Memon is enjoying the looted money ... On the other hand PMLN business empire is growing at tremendous speed ... PTI whole policy seems to be based on bashing NS ... They have no plans no ground works to eliminate basic issues ... I can still see the promises of converting governor house in a library ... and billion tree project ... All just came to be popular election campaign ...

On the other side establishment is behaving stupid ... They can force judiciary to take right decision for Musharraf then why can't they force judiciary for right decision for general public ??? every can loot us in the name of laws of the land ... The tax I am paying is higher than most of the parliamentarian yet I cannot enjoy a fraction of life style they are leaving ... WTF is this ??? And then they talk about brain drain etc ...

I could have choosen to go outside Pakistan ... I had actual offers 6 times higher than what I was getting at the time when I was already had handsome income ... I choose to serve my country coz I love to ... But these morons ....

Never in the history things were so simple to set an example of punishing powerful criminals ... Financial crimes are not easy to hide ... You can easily punish Dr. Asim and NS ... If we cant even punish dollar girls who caught red handed with the money then what good is this justice system is ... Close all this judiciary and gov institutions and let the rule of jungle prevail ...

Dreams buddy, dreams. There is monarchy in Pakistan. We are just ordinary people with zero rights, just live the life and die. All facilities are and for Royal class

I am sure this forum is being watched by intelligence agencies ... senior military person (atleast retired ones) ...

What's the instance of these senior persons ??? When will the wake up ???

Raana Saanaullah killed 9 people in the day light by police that is being paid by us and still no one is accused ... What else would qualify for terrorism ???

Raana Saanaullah killed 9 people in the day light by police that is being paid by us and still no one is accused ... What else would qualify for terrorism ???
He kiled 14 people, not 9 though a single murder should be enough to sent him to the gallows but in Pakistan, he is the minister of law...what a country..

Army is a dignified institution and it was hit in the past by some elements and back to back marshal laws added a pinch of salt to the situation. Now i can see a new doctrine which is more potent and effective. We all have a consensus that army is an honourable and dignified institution and is the sign of security and strength for the nation so all the politicians must understand the new doctrine and change of ethos in army itself and let for go the bad memories of musharraf and Zia eras . Army leadership should let the govt work for the country without putting impediments and political govt must admit that all the policies regarding security and the areas of foreign policy where security is a major factor must be consulted by army and positive input must be incorporated. It is a very sensitive institution where forces fight for honour and it must not be compromised . Both politicians and army must sit together and gel themselves together for the betterment of the country.

Yeh no compromise on armys diginity but we will compromise Pakistans dignity and protecf traitors and corrupt leaders and terrorist because they pay us more than Pakistan! We will protect our masters with last drop of blood inside our bodies ! Ps: that only means getting poor soldiers killed while we high ranking officers enjoy money money and money!

Bastards!

Back
Top Bottom