What's new

NHK: Xi Jinping seeks loyalty from military

Kids don't accept $5000 VND lol. They can't even buy candies with that.

Your post totally wrong.
5000 VND not $ 5000 VND ... equal about 24 US cents.
In Vietnam,
You can get 1 purified water bottle 500ml , ie Cocacola Dasani at price equal 15 US cents in Vietnam, for 1,500 ml botter, price = 35 US cents
for 2x5000 VND equal 48 US cents, you can take a taxi to travel 1 kilometer.

Where else could you do the same ?

Tell me how much if you take a taxi and travel 1 km in Cambodia, Laos, Malaysia, Singapore, Shanghai, Beijing ?

I don't know, coz it's my personal standard of Real Poor in China.
As the same do u know how many Vietnamese under 4800USD a year?

You don't want to answer my question ? or unable ?
Whoever can apply your personal standard to Vietnam ?

Vietnam is quite wealthy. Last time I was there, I had to spend $40,000 VND for a bowl of pho. I had to take out a second mortgage for that meal! In China, $30 rmb can get me a decent Chinese meal. Vietnam is for the wealthy only.

40,000 VND for a bowl of pho ?? it's for aircon restaurant . a half price ( equal 5.5 rmb ) if you use at breakfast facility

What does it cost you in your country? although it'd taste differently ...
40,000 VND equal 11 RMB , so is it a big amount ? as I heard to beigaosu, a Chinese worker must pay atleast 500 rmb to come home equal 45 bowl of pho by HSR, even what they want is the much cheaper means of transportation.

Last edited:
40,000 VND for a bowl of pho ?? it's for aircon restaurant . a half price ( equal 5.5 rmb ) if you use at breakfast facility
What does it cost you in your country? although it'd taste differently ...
40,000 VND equal 11 RMB , so is it a big amount ? as I heard to beigaosu, a Chinese worker must pay atleast 500 rmb to come home equal 45 bowl of pho by HSR, even what they want is the much cheaper means of transportation.

Where I live a bowl of pho cost $7-8

OKay, i got it.

Rich Vietnam
b80fb46df235014ae0ac0a3d3c72.jpg

Poor China
6351425597318127362.jpg

Do u understand ?! :cry::cry::cry:

I never said Vietnam rich ... but I want Chinese to think again about Chinese poor people ... hundred millions of Chinese still has only under 1.25-2$ / day.
What you could call that by any word else from "poor" ?

You don't want to answer my question ? or unable ?
Whoever can apply your personal standard to Vietnam ?
I told u my poor standard in China, coz i lived here more than twenty years, i ever visited many China cities. But Im not government social security officer can't provide detail numbers. And there'r many Chinese members in PDF, they can make sure whether my poor standard in Chins is right or not.

If u wanna troll, i won't answer u any question again. BTW i don't care Vietnam.

I never said Vietnam rich ... but I want Chinese to think again about Chinese poor people ... hundred millions of Chinese still has only under 1.25-2$ / day.
What you could call that by any word else from "poor" ?
Yes, i believe China still has ten millions poor inside total 1.3billion Chinese ppl. But If u said "hundred millions of Chinese still has only under 1.25-2 $/day", i don't agree on that. It will be more than 20%~50% poor in China, Im sorry U r not the U.N.
And This's the 2000-2007 map, 2014 China is less poor ppl than Seven years ago.

Poverty threshold
Percentage of population living on less than $1.25 per day. UN estimates 2000–2007.
940px-Percentage_population_living_on_less_than_%241.25_per_day_2009.svg.png

Recent data, 2008~2009 year.
List of countries by percentage of population living in poverty

Population living under 1.25 and 2 dollar (PPP) a day (%)

Country | <1.25$ |<2$ |Year
23px-Flag_of_the_People%27s_Republic_of_China.svg.png
China|11.8%|27.2%|2009
23px-Flag_of_Vietnam.svg.png
Vietnam|16.85%|43.36%|2008

Last edited:
For same source I read out

13.4% Chinese population under national poverty line in 2011-2012.
China poverty line is 6.3 yuan / day ( equal 365 USD / year/ person ) ... 13.4% under that line ...
standard 1.25 $ = 7.75 yuan ... more than 13.4% under that line ...

14.5% Vietnamese under national poverty line in 2010

national standard is the key, as you know that 16% of Japanese population under their national poverty line ( under 22,000 USD / year for family of four = 5,500 USD / person / year)

Link: Population below poverty line by country - Thematic Map - Asia

Percentage_of_poverty_in_the_world%2C_Mexico_colour_coded_corrected.png

Last edited:
For same source I read out

13.4% Chinese population under national poverty line in 2011-2012.
China poverty line is 6.3 yuan / day ( equal 365 USD / year/ person ) ... 13.4% under that line ...
standard 1.25 $ = 7.75 yuan ... more than 13.4% under that line ...

14.5% Vietnamese under national poverty line in 2010

national standard is the key, as you know that 16% of Japanese population under their national poverty line ( under 22,000 USD / year for family of four = 5,500 USD / person / year)

Link: Population below poverty line by country - Thematic Map - Asia
List of countries by percentage of population living in poverty

This time, @BoQ77 u r playing a number game with me about the poverty line.

First, where did u get official datas to prove China poverty line is 6.3 yuan/day ? In wikipedia we only see 1.25 $ as standard line for all nations, and u add that 6.3 yuan/day to China ??? Or can u provide the link to prove "China poverty line is 6.3 yuan / day", where is it ?

Second, "14.5% Vietnamese under national poverty line in 2010" ... Can u just tell us how many money standard under Vietnam poverty line ? 1.25 $/day or 6.3 yuan/day or 7.75 yuan/day for poor Vietnamese, don't forget provide official link ?

U just change different standards to discuss the under national poverty line with me, Are you serious ?!

Last edited:
study more and say, pal !!!
6.3 yuan is Chinese set, not me ...
In 2009, the poverty line in China just 1,196 yuan / year

you are wise enough to see my argument

1. China standard : 6.3 yuan / day ( 2,300 yuan / year ) lead to 13.4% of Chinese pop under this level
2. world standard : 1.25$=7.75 yuan / day
3. 7.75 > 6.3
lead to more than 13.4% of Chinese pop under this level ( 1.25$ )

So just tell me how many Chinese population earn under 2,300 yuan / year ( 1$/day) in China ?
=1.4 bil x 13.4% = 187 mill.
and estimate how many Chinese pop earn under 2,870 yuan / year (1.25$.day) in China
> 187 mil .. logic or not

That means poor Chinese outnumber ( double ) total Vietnam population, in number, 90 millions
Means most of Vietnamese live better than hundreds million Chinese people ...

let say : we are not trying to prove Vietnam poor, as I stated Vietnam is poor.
We are trying to prove China is poor too ...

----------
Link: China's rural poor population declines - Xinhua | English.news.cn

China's rural poor population declines

English.news.cn 2013-02-26 23:25:20
bigphoto_tit3_b.gif
bigphoto_tit6_b.gif

BEIJING, Feb. 26 (Xinhua) -- China's impoverished population has declined for the first time since the poverty line was raised in 2011, although poverty alleviation work remains arduous, a government office said Tuesday.

The poverty-stricken population in rural areas stood at 98.99 million people around the end of 2012, down 23.39 million compared with 2011, the poverty alleviation office of the State Council said Tuesday.

The impoverished population in rural areas accounted for 10.2 percent of the country's total rural population, 2.5 percentage points lower than in 2011, according to the office.

The central government allocated 299.6 billion yuan (47.7 billion U.S. dollars) in 2012 for poverty alleviation efforts, surging 31.9 percent from the previous year.

Rural people with an annual net income per capita of 2,300 yuan or less are classified as poor under the current poverty standard adopted in 2011, an increase from the 1,274-yuan standard used previously.

But the current poverty line, which is equivalent to just 1 U.S. dollars a day, is still lower than the World Bank poverty line of 1.25 U.S. dollars a day.

At the same time, the income gap between China's rich and poor is wide.

The National Bureau of Statistics said in January that China's Gini coefficient, an index used to indicate a given country's wealth gap, reached 0.474 in 2012, higher than the warning level of 0.4 set by the United Nations.

Editor: Mu Xuequan

Last edited:
let say : we are not trying to prove Vietnam poor, as I stated Vietnam is poor.
We are trying to prove China is poor too ...

----------
Link: China's rural poor population declines - Xinhua | English.news.cn

China's rural poor population declines

English.news.cn 2013-02-26 23:25:20
BEIJING, Feb. 26 (Xinhua) -- China's impoverished population has declined for the first time since the poverty line was raised in 2011, although poverty alleviation work remains arduous, a government office said Tuesday.

The poverty-stricken population in rural areas stood at 98.99 million people around the end of 2012, down 23.39 million compared with 2011, the poverty alleviation office of the State Council said Tuesday.

The impoverished population in rural areas accounted for 10.2 percent of the country's total rural population, 2.5 percentage points lower than in 2011, according to the office.

The central government allocated 299.6 billion yuan (47.7 billion U.S. dollars) in 2012 for poverty alleviation efforts, surging 31.9 percent from the previous year.

Rural people with an annual net income per capita of 2,300 yuan or less are classified as poor under the current poverty standard adopted in 2011, an increase from the 1,274-yuan standard used previously.

But the current poverty line, which is equivalent to just 1 U.S. dollars a day, is still lower than the World Bank poverty line of 1.25 U.S. dollars a day.

At the same time, the income gap between China's rich and poor is wide.

The National Bureau of Statistics said in January that China's Gini coefficient, an index used to indicate a given country's wealth gap, reached 0.474 in 2012, higher than the warning level of 0.4 set by the United Nations.

Editor: Mu Xuequan
This official data is OKay !

"The poverty-stricken population in rural areas stood at 98.99 million people around the end of 2012. " and "Rural people with an annual net income per capita of 2,300 yuan. "

Well judged with Chinese poor ppl numbers, u might feel China is poor and u also forget except those 1.25$ poor there'r 1.3billon Chinese ppl in there. Total poor Chinese might more than all Vietnamese, but the rich and middle-class Chinese also much bigger than urs.

If China and Vietnam has the same population numbers and China's poor ppl more than urs. Of course u can think China is poor, but real world it's different. The China is a biggest developing country, i admit it.

Well judged with Chinese poor ppl numbers, u might feel China is poor and u also forget except those 1.25$ poor there'r 1.3billon Chinese ppl in there. Total poor Chinese might more than all Vietnamese, but the rich and middle-class Chinese also much bigger than urs.

So you agree that I'm logical ... my source is Xinhua ...
Remember, we are studying poorness. That's why I said "Vietnamese is not much poorer than Chinese people". We are not rich but not much poorer than China"
See my illustration for visual check
poverty.jpg

Last edited:

"The poverty-stricken population in rural areas stood at 98.99 million people around the end of 2012. " and "Rural people with an annual net income per capita of 2,300 yuan. "

If China and Vietnam has the same population numbers and China's poor ppl more than urs. Of course u can think China is poor, but real world it's different. The China is a biggest developing country, i admit it.
I think you are misled by that vietnamese, there are few point I think you should take:
1. the international poverty line is 1.25 or 2 dolar one day, but don't forget one thing, by PPP.
2. If you be careful, you will find, USA and England has higher poverty rate, if all refer to same 1.25 or 2, mean, one year only earn about 400 dollar in USA, do you think it is possible?
3. that guy logic is very interesting, our poverty line is lower than international standard(if Chinese poverity line is 2300 yuan, you think it is only 1.25 dollar one day by ppp?);
4. all are about Chinese poverity line and rate, do you have data in Vietnam? if Chinese poverity rate should higher, so what about Vietnam?

Now I am in working, later, I will add some chart here, to compare the economy data between Vietnam and China, maybe just a few.

last, China is poor, but we should have a reference, western? ok, all are poor, but comparing with Vietnam, China is much richer, don't forget that, China GDP per capita is more than 3 times of that of Vietnam.

Last edited:
New poverty line raises number of poor
p1-icon1.gif
+ -
08:30, December 23, 2008
New poverty line raises number of poor - People's Daily Online

The new poverty line adopted by the government has increased the number of poor people to 43.2 million, the Caijing magazine has said.

Earlier data, based on a yearly income of 785 yuan ($115), put the number at 14.79 million.

But the government has now raised the threshold, saying a person earning less than 1,067 yuan ($156) a year will be considered living below the poverty line.

The government has stopped using the much lower "absolute poverty line", said Liu Fuhe, a senior official with the policy and regulation department of the State Council's leading group office of poverty alleviation and development.

The low-income poverty line, sometimes called the relative poverty line, is now the only yardstick to measure poverty.

The unified standard was introduced in October during the 3rd Plenary of 17th CPC Central Committee.

The poverty line was raised after the Ministry of Civil Affairs introduced minimum income protection scheme in rural areas last year so that more poor people could be brought under the poverty alleviation office.

The raising of the poverty line means more people will be covered by the government's poverty relief schemes, on which the central government has spent 16.7 billion yuan this year, 2.3 billion yuan more than in 2007, Liu told Caijing over the weekend.

"We have been adjusting our work in accordance with the new standard," he said.

The government is likely to raise the poverty line further next year to enable more people to get poverty alleviation benefits, Liu said. But the increase next year would be "slight" compared with the one in October.

The extent of the adjustment will depend on how many more people are pushed into poverty by the economic slowdown and inflation, which would vary from region to region, he said.

More money would be spent next year to help the poor, especially because many of the jobless migrant workers forced to return home amid the economic slowdown could slip back into poverty.

"The income of a rising number of migrant workers forced to return home would fall," Liu said.

The government first announced a poverty line in 1985, saying people earning less than 200 yuan a year would be considered living in poverty.

It has been raising the threshold ever since to conform to economic and social changes.

Thirty years of reform and opening up have lifted more than 200 million people out of poverty.

Source: China Daily

First, Judge whether a country is poor or not based on poverity rate under national poverty line is joke, based on data from WIKI USA poverty rate is even higher than Vietnam in 2010 , means USA is poorer than Vietnam?
List of countries by percentage of population living in poverty - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Second, the international poverty line defined is under 1.25 dollars(PPP), note "PPP",

In 2012, China mainland GDP per capita is 6091 dollars, By PPP, it is 9192, Rank 93, by comparison, Vietnam GDP per capita is 1755 dollars, but By PPP, it is 3548, rank 133.

From the above data, we can get that, if china poverty line if 6.3 yuan, by PPP, it should be about 9.5 yuan, lesser than 1.25dollars? so below caculation is very stupid, and get that the China poverty rate should be higher under the 1.25$ poverty line is more stupid.
1. China standard : 6.3 yuan / day ( 2,300 yuan / year ) lead to 13.4% of Chinese pop under this level
2. world standard : 1.25$=7.75 yuan / day
3. 7.75 > 6.3
lead to more than 13.4% of Chinese pop under this level ( 1.25$ )
So just tell me how many Chinese population earn under 2,300 yuan / year ( 1$/day) in China ?
=1.4 bil x 13.4% = 187 mill.
and estimate how many Chinese pop earn under 2,870 yuan / year (1.25$.day) in China
> 187 mil .. logic or not

And here, I also have a question, what is Vietnam natinal poverty line? why he don't caculate it, to check should more or less vietnamese under the leve(1.25$)? caculation did by that vietnamese is very naive, and he mistake many data, many data is get by different caculation algorithm, but he multiply them or compare them simply, that's very ridicuouls.

From his previous comments, I find he is not kid, but from his comments, can't understand why he is such "cute".

Below is China GDP and per capita from 1952~2012, check the row: 人均名义GDP=Nominal GDP per capita, 元=Yuan, 美元=dollar.
(if the picture is unavailabe, please click here:中国大陆历年国内生产总值及人均国内生产总值(1952-2012) - notheal_2012的日志 - 网易博客

6598251741657012409.png

Below is Vitnam GDP and per capita from 1970~2013, check the row: 人均名义GDP=Nominal GDP per capita, 越南盾=Vietnamese dong, 美元=dollar.
(if the picture is unavailabe, please click here:越南历年国内生产总值及人均生产总值(1970-2013) - notheal_2012的日志 - 网易博客

1247497096881720786.png

Below is GDP by PPP of countries in the World in 2012: 人均GDP(PPP)=GDP per capita by ppp, 国际元=dollar, 排名=rank.
China rank 93( red one), Vietnam rank 133.
(if the picture is unavailabe, please click here:

2012年IMF成员购买力平价(PPP)GDP及人均GDP排名 - notheal的日志 - 网易博客
1882223169364185666.png

1970887787028039077.png

1694479359898174131.png

Last edited:
just a few figures to see :
1. How China govt manage to get good shape of less poorness !
by compare to poorer country, you guy showing that China competing not to be poorer than a poor country,
that's thinking of a backward ...
Did you see Malaysia trying to compete to Vietnam, No, they trying to compete to Singapore?
2. Big GDP is nothing related to standard of living ... but without that big, you guys still satisfy with above 200 yuan / year ( not to be called poverty in 1985 ) like before.
So any country with huge population used to get big GDP as normal, but the important is how their people benefit from that big.
Because Big GDP is not big savings to their people to spend ... but big value for factories owners ... especially foreign owners.
For example, Samsung Vietnam created 30 billion USD of GDP value to Vietnam, using 10,000 worker. The total budget for wages estimated 100 millions USD only.
How can be richer by that 100 millions USD out of 30 billion USD ??? That's an answer for keyboard heroes who declaring China is rich, overpass Japan, even USA ... by 8 trillion USD of GDP ...

3. In a country, as cnleio said that 20,000 yuan / year in rural and 40,000 yuan / year in urban is a level which is poor below it ... by setting NATIONAL POVERTY LINE as low as 2,300 yuan / year, your govt reduce hundreds million people out of poverty line.
This is for telling the world, we are not poor anymore ...
But in reality, the govt aim to stop providing huge extra allowance to poor people ( just under 2,300 yuan / year get it ).
So when your govt wasted huge amount to project that not for poor ( like HSR and many other), they also rip off the social benefit to them ...
That's why there's no PRC because govt not for People,
4. Let be a more brave to compare to Japanese to see your backward ...
Their national poverty line is 5,500 USD / year , yours 365 USD / year
They don't follow international standard, because it's meaningless to them. And a matter of fact, the rate 16% is Japanese poverty people, more than Chinese 13.4% ...
What happen here? China govt play with numbers, China richer than Japan ? No, Japan is more responsible to their people.
That's they are great country, not like China, Vietnam ...
If apply their standard to China, a high rate (80%) would be under the line ???

Remember, 5% of richmen hold the whole properties of the world ...
You can't spend big from a big GDP, China is the world workshop so big GDP, but you cannot spend what not belong to you.
For poor workers, they could only spend from their low wages ( ie. above 2,300 yuan / year ), while pay high to "beigaosu" ( HSR ) to come home.
While state budget deny to pay extra allowance to them because they are above the line, it continue to create more a like beigaosu ( force to use High speed with High fare ) and continue corrupt, and military race, Moon race, Mars race ...
That's killing the poorness in real meaning ( is it quite good ? )
---------------
Since 1978, one child policy, after 37 years, China trying to divide the poorness, by create more value while reduce the population.
1 child get all from 2 parents, 4 grand parents ... we could think he/she inherits so many from them .... to be richer. For example 1 child born in 1978, now over 30 yo, he/she never has to share his toys, his house, expenditure with another child in the house ... growing up, he could be selfish to claim all the savings, inheritance from gone grand parents ...
every household, every only child ... in China ... also like that ... So is all of nowaday U37 yo not poor ?
2 workings, total earning divide 3 and next generation, continue 2 working, divide 3 ...
why there still hundreds million poor people today... did they get nothing, even debt from their parents, grandparents ? 2 working divide 3, still make poorness ?? surprise,is it true that to several Chinese they cannot escape poverty by their wages, savings most and spend less ( divide 3 only ) ? 2 working cannot feed only 3 ??
-----------
In Vietnam, family has 2, 3 child ... same 2 working , total earning divide to 4, 5 members ... and next gen ... divide 4-5 ...

Last edited:
instant coffee by yourself always much cheaper than filter cafe or Starbuck in restaurant.

Do you know how many Chinese family earn under 30,000 RMB ( 4850 USD ) ?
70% ( just guess )

Not that much.

Most city families make higher income per year than 30 ,000 , eastern provinces are much higher than that.

And most of our peasants will work in city part time or full time.

If you work in a factory , you will make at least 2000rmb per month.

If you are a mason, you will make at least 400 rmb per day.

Back
Top Bottom